Samsung Galaxy S3 arriving on Verizon, HTC getting a Galaxy Note competitor ready?
11. Doakie (Posts: 1589; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Lol. Your fake yawn fooled no one. Go use your tiny iPhone. This is a big boy thread.
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I dont give thumbs up or down but this made me laugh... thumbs up to you and greetings from a Apple follower
29. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
HTC One HD i'm guessing. if not, then the tablet will be the HTC One HD. lol - makes me miss the desire series lol
57. Commentator (Posts: 2793; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'd like to see an HTC tablet with specs like these (Evo View 4G LTE?)
66. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Lots of options appear to be in the works for VZW customers.... I am starting to become conflicted regarding which handset will replace my RAZR. I am pulling for the RAZR HD (or whatever it is ultimately called), but there appear to be good handsets in the offing from Sammy and HTC.
79. bokajay (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I am in the same boat. I was really looking forward to the Razr HD but if it is just a Razr Maxx with a 4.6in 720p screen I am not interested.
3. santy (Posts: 59; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Wow !!! Enough phone news for this entire week . This will hold me until S3 comes next week .
16. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Please Sprint what?
get a network that actually works?
25. nmerry77 (Posts: 39; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I have sprint...and it kinda sucks...it used to be ok bc the prices were so low..but now its not worth it to be paying for a phone that doesnt even work...seriously considering VZW or AT&T if it doesnt improve by July...or if Sprint doesnt get a GS3!!
28. BlacRaZredge (Posts: 36; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
depending on where you live id go with vzw. att in my area is still only 2g and it sucks!!!! but im in a vzw 4g market explain that one
89. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
There was an article put out that shows if you live in a certain zip code, it will show you who works best. Just look at the older articles.
52. TOYMAN (Posts: 29; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
if you rember sprint has always got the gs before everyone
75. Commentator (Posts: 2793; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
They always get the best version of it too.
80. lsutigers (Posts: 803; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Dude I dont know what you're talking about because Sprint works just fine.
Not to mention they will soon have the fastest 3G network and LTE.
108. 14545 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Based off of what information? CDMA/EVDO doesn't remotely have the same capabilities as GSM. So where do you get this "soon to have the fastest 3g" from? Yes they will be getting LTE, but it will be 2013 before that is up and running. By that time both ATT and VZW will have their networks covered in LTE. (VZW moreso than ATT.) So I really don't understand where this is coming from?
5. tedkord (Posts: 6780; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
BGR's sources are Jonathan Gellar's wet dreams. His "sources" led him to "exclusively report" that the SGSIII would have a 1080p screen. Don't reprint what Gellar writes, because you'll look just as foolish as he does 50% of the time when his guesses are wrong.
6. Captain_Doug (Posts: 903; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
The MSM8960 Pro is due out in Q2... as long as this thing keeps the form factor small-ish, kudos. 5 inch phones don't need .46" of bezel... doing some conversion there, that's almost 12mm of bezel. If they could cut that down to 5 or 6mm, they'd be golden.
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
WOW a 28nm S4 quad-core Krait with the Adreno 320 & a 5" RGB 1080p HD screen HOLY CRAP!!!
I am patiently waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 but this new HTC device just made me go GAGA! At 28nm you can get up to 2.5GHz from the processor & the battery life will be stellar. If this does materialize I am so going for it.
28nm battery life savings & up to 2.5GHz quad-core & the new BEASTLY Adreno 320 all in a 5" "RGB" 1080p HD screen is just so mind boggling. That is everything I want in a smartphone plus, plus, plus it's all going to be on Verizon Wireless with the best 4G LTE coverage in the U.S.
My heart is pumping! I am SO amped up! I want this RIGHT NOW! Man I sound like my 3 year old at Christmas! lol
30. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
im right with you...
had to wipe the drool from my mouth...lol
42. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I am from Apple and the HTC made me jump out of my seat.. dammm no trolling for me today.. hi SAE..
71. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You know gallitoking I can respect that, I have to say that it's all rumor right now but what was stated is very appealing. I hope you have been & everything is good in AZ gallitoking.
83. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
can't ignore those specs... SAE are you in Phx?
54. JBz007 (Posts: 63; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I want this too! I would never imagine in an "S3 coming to Verizon" article that I would care more about an HTC product more. I want this too!
56. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
lol 440 ppi screen, htc here i come unles samsung makes 1080p note 2 :D
82. KOUROS (banned) (Posts: 36; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Holy sht, is this reality or bliss.....
Man finally the specs i was looking
for. HTC is that really them! Wow...
QC A15 OC to max 2.8 thats i5 power!!!!!
Man the stuff of dreams!
O M G....
8. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
HTC phone with a FULL HD resolution is worthless until they r gonna have A BETTER DISPLAY TECH
12. 14545 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I don't understand this comment? No, it may not display colors as well as samoled, but I love the seamless display on my rezound. I thought I would wait until December to upgrade, but I would love to have the scribe tech in my phone.
13. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The HTC One X's display is vicious, how can you say that? People are raving about it. Now imagine that display at 5" & 1080p. I really don't think you know what you are saying. HTC with their new phones have some pretty good high quality displays!
34. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I love my note man. I can only imagine what the note 2 will be like, but that HTC note competitor - I wonder if it will have jelly bean by then :)
46. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Technically, its using Samsungs LCD2 tech if im not mistaken. Its the top end LCD tech there is right now.
Regardless, yes people are raving left and right about the OneX's display which makes me want to see it. :)
39. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
The display tech in S-LCD2 is LG's AH-IPS. When you're already at the bleeding edge of LCD display technology, how are you supposed to get BETTER DISPLAY TECH?
55. jsjakesaid (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
LOL... you do know that the HTC ONE X has the best display on the market ey? so... HTC have the best screen tech... the SAMOLED have over saturated images... i am not judging it, i am saying what it does, as it has twice the green pixesls. R and G or G or B instead of rgb
99. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
lolololol you my friend don't know what you are talking, SLCD2 is great display, best on any smartphone to the date, we will see what will samsung bring in SIII and what will LG bring in optimus 4x HD, but i doubt it can be much if any better than one x...now imagine 5 inch 1080p (i prefer 16:10 ratio but 16:9 is fine too xD)SLCD2 I just wish they make it a floating mass display that would look awesome and because of such high ppi although it is not 3D display such high ppi will give it a look of debth i just hope this rumor is true and that HTC will use such high ppi to make sense 5 stunningly stunning
wow floating mass+440ppi= legen...wait for it...dary
9. italiapride503 (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
This will most definitely get me to stay with Verizon...ive been waiting to hear the SIII will be coming...4g lte, 8 mp cam, quadcore :-)...I know what my next phone is going to be :-))
10. nmerry77 (Posts: 39; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
ya Know...VZW Customers seem to have everything!!...They have the Droid Lineup, Then they got the Iphone...now there the 1st to have the news of getting the GS3! Im happy for those of u!!....Back to reality...I have Sprint..our service has gone down the toilet and who knows when or if we will get The GS3 bc of all the Lawsuits and crap, Sprint is running out of money...on a bright side..Im ready to upgrade July 1st...so if Sprint isnt getting a GS3....then goodbye sprint and hello to someone else!! lol
14. Borrie69 (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
Go with verizon as since the MIGHT be switching off of CDMA to GSM phones if the deal for added spectrum goes through. If that deal goes dead in the water then go for the second best, with AT&T, for their phones and their 2nd best coverage.
21. nmerry77 (Posts: 39; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
The only thing keeping me with Sprint is the awesome prices!!!
47. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i dont know where you heard that rumor, but its about as true as a dozen unicorns flying out of Gallito's butt.
62. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
No it's not..it has exactly the same matrix as the LG AH-IPS screen(which is actually the best screen on the market right now)..i just can't find the comparison anymore.
but here's about the AH-IPS:
90. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
We don't have everything: No Galaxy Note, No HTC One series, and not Lumia 900.
15. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Wow. Even if only half this write up is true, this is some fun options. I keep bouncing back and forth in my head about quad core processors. The skeptic in me says phones don't need it, OS is not optimized for it, so on, so forth. But, the speed demon in me says THESE BABIES WILL FLY AND BE A BLAST!!!! I am seriously pumped to see the GS3 in action, and all the competition it will bring. The Note is already forcing companies to take notice, imagine all the fun that comes with trying to one up the Samsung flagship?
17. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Android Ice Cream Sandwich IS optimized for multiple-cores. That is why it's so enticing that the quad-core phone/tablets are coming out because Android can get the most out of multiple-core phones/tablets. Remember the people are out there making apps that take advantage of this feature.
When these phones/tablets come out the apps that take advantage of Android 4.0 ICS will be numerous!
59. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
better dual-cores are still the way to go right now because even though the OS can take advantage of quad-cores doesn't mean most apps/games can.
18. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
ah i am glad to b on verizon';s SIDE wooot woooooot!!!!
i cant wait for both the HTC nd the SIII
19. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That HTC sounds just over the top ridiculously amazing.
Not buying the Full HD at all, but oh man I'm sold for now.
Seems like it will come out way before the Note 2 and has everything I need!
Bring it to Europe, HTC!
24. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
YES. That phone sounds too good to be true. But if anyone can do it it's HTC that's for sure!
33. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Frankly, i would pick a 720p on 5 inch over 1080p(they would basically look the same to the bare eye), but heck, even if it does turn out 1080p i'm not complaining, lol.
The quadcore snapdragon will BREATHE FIRE lol and would just fly at any resolution, while being as power efficient as possible.
And imagine, with LTE and unlimited data, i can just leave laptop in the drawer!
Now only thing i'm left wishing for this phone is a wireless charging option(to make a constant use trouble-free) and HUGE memory for a HD movie library :p
72. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know I am with you on all that said! The wireless charging to me seems insanely cool.
22. thnkthru3 (Posts: 73; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Congrats to you all at Verizon. Looks like game over for AT&T.....no SGN and no S3 for the near future. I am one disappointed AT&T customer :-(
37. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
You guys got the awesome HTC One XL. An acquaintance of mine is already raving about how amazing this handset is compared to this his old Galaxy Nexus. All we're getting is a "not so" Incredible 4G.
And I'm pretty sure a Galaxy Note with AT&T badging was spotted lately. So, don't get yourself down too soon.
63. thnkthru3 (Posts: 73; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Shadow...Do you want to swap contracts? My AT&T unlimitted for your Verizon?
44. Gcombs (Posts: 133; Member since: 22 Aug 2011)
I'm sure all major carriers will get the Galaxy S3. It just comes down to carriers announcing it. Like Samsung said they want to sell 10 million Galaxy Notes it wont happen if they don't release it on all major carriers.