Samsung Galaxy Note 5 concept renders
via Concept Phones
2. neela_akaash (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Don't know about this concept but Note 5 is gonna rock for sure.
37. neela_akaash (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Most probably in september at IFA germany.
87. DaveElliott (Posts: 106; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Might as well throw in the death ray since we're really just talking crap about crap posted so we could talk about crap. The author is likely thinking to be laughing, "Dance, monkeys, dance"
74. Dude2 (Posts: 38; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
To rock the Note 5 line will have to include a Note 5 Pro version with swappable battery and SD Card slot other wise it will be just an average me too, devise.
83. jdot104 (Posts: 95; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Yeah I think it'd look better with an all-metal back. Hopefully other OEMs will just leave leather to Motorola since they're the only ones getting it right.
10. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
concepts are always beatiful... 4100mah? that sound like some fools dream. Samsung or apple will never put a big battery in their devices, only chinese can do that
20. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3714; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
My thoughts exactly. That's just unrealistic.
34. Sealblaighter (Posts: 203; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Chinese can put such a high capacity, because their devices will drain more battery life.
47. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
thats not true...chinese phones are very battery efficient... I have huawei media pad x1 and its great in battery life... I also have vivo xplay 3s and it is great in battery life too... whereas, I had note 4 and I sell it just 2 weeks before. It was very poor in battery life. There were some good reasons which made me choose xplay 3s over note 4, battery was one of them
48. JaneChenLong (Posts: 374; Member since: 18 Mar 2015)
according to PhoneArena & GSMArena chinese phone is still way behind the korean in term of battery life.
Take Xiaomi Note for example. It's only 6 hour-ish, compared to Note 4 10 hour-ish.... for the same battery size.
Not to mention that Samsung Galaxy Note have the Advance Power Management that could even prolong the Note 4 battery life.
49. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
well, pratical experience is more worthy than bench mark of websites. PA and GSMarena are true but everyone is not having the same experience. My note 4 was giving me only 4 to 5 hours on screen time with power saving on and there was not fault in the device as well.
I will not take an example of Xiaomi note because I didnt use that device. Take an example of Huawei Mediapad X1 and VIVO Xplay 3S, both are way better in battery life than the note 4 I had
51. AppleCultist (banned) (Posts: 335; Member since: 18 Feb 2015)
Benchmarks standardize usage, especially tests by GSMArena.
They are more reliable than flimsy anecdotes.
68. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
My gs6 battery has been fantastic. I am on my 3rd day and I am at 34%. I did turn off the location though.
75. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
yes your right. GS6 and S6 Edge has great battery life, I have seen that... my colleague rushed up for S6Edge and didnt wait for the Green S6 Edge. The black one is also very beautiful and elegent. But the Green one will be the cream of my pie. My only concern is the size, I am not fond of small phones
95. javy108 (Posts: 1004; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
But I dont think Xplay 3S will get any update S:
81. deewinc (Posts: 230; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Not true my friend. The One Plus One, THL 5000, Lenovo K3.
Samsung & Apple just want you to dump your phone because the battery is dead
93. ozgur781sen (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Mar 2015)
it costs 32 dollars to have the s6 or edge battery replaced
and it costs 79 dollars for the iphone 6 battery replacement. The battery on both of the phones are not great. The battery drain issue on the s6 and edge is due to android lollipop but I think they fixed it on 5.1.1 update that they just released. I am not sure about the Iphone's battery.
92. ozgur781sen (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Mar 2015)
When I bought a Chinese phone it came with an extra battery that said 3220 mah but it was fake, so I have hard time believing.
11. material (Posts: 79; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
your iphone is such a b**** . Had alot of babies this year
33. hellbread (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Nov 2014)
As time passes I like more and more that galaxy alpha and note 4 design instead of s6.
46. waddup121 (unregistered)
67. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Galaxy Alpha is gorgeous. I agree that it looks nicer but everything else goes to the GS6.
3. JMartin22 (Posts: 1899; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I still call BS on the 4K rumor. It's too premature to make such a leap. It's substantially higher than going from 1080p to QHD. I think mainstream manufacturers know the GPU and efficiency burden it's going to put on current technology for this year. We may see it become more commercially available at the end of 2016 though.
13. AmitMajumder (Posts: 178; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Exactly, those who do these type of renders doesn't have any sense at all. 7.9 MM body (that too metal) and 4100mAh battery?? WTF!!! Even my note 4 is at 8.5mm but still packs a 3220 mAh battery.
94. ozgur781sen (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Mar 2015)
On phonearena today I read about a new battery technology that was developed by a Swiss company for smart watches. it said that the battery can last for 6 months. Maybe they can find a way to implement that technology to smart phones
18. f35hunter (Posts: 233; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
Posting fan made concept in news section is waste of time !!
21. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3714; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I agree completely. We might see a tablet with a 4K screen this year, but a phone? I doubt it.
56. darkkjedii (Posts: 19750; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Think they'll follow the gs6 design for the Note 5?
57. AppleCultist (banned) (Posts: 335; Member since: 18 Feb 2015)
They will. The Dual Edged design is one of the most unique things out there in the phone industry and is generating quite a bit of buzz.
59. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3714; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I think it's almost a guarantee. The only thing that stops me from giving it the 100% go is that the Note series tend to skew a little more toward the techie crowd. Samsung might hesitate a little bit on letting go of the removable battery & micro SD because of that. That being said, I still think it will happen. The sales numbers of the GS6 & Edge will make it a guarantee.
A Note 5 Edge (with the same design as the GS6 Edge)? I'll be in line the first day with my monies ready.
61. darkkjedii (Posts: 19750; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If they do, I'm goin back to my yearly combo of Note, and iPhone. That edge is gorgeous.
60. jsobotka (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Aug 2009)
Actually, it's a pretty typical jump in pixel count over its predecessor. And it's the same jump as 1280x720 to 1920x1080. The jump from 1920x1080 to QHD was actually a smaller jump than usual.
S2 = 800 x 480
S3 = 1280 x 720 = x2.4
S4 = 1920 x 1080 = x2.25
S5 = 1920 x 1080 = x1
S6 = 2560 x 1440 = x1.78
N2 = 1280 x 720 = x2.4
N3 = 1920 x 1280 = x2.25
N4 = 2560 x 1440 = x1.78
N5 = 3840 x 2160 = x2.25
77. soldier820 (Posts: 115; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
As much as I want to call you a liar, I am afraid I might be wrong !! lol
5. singhkaran9830 (unregistered)
It looks gorgeous,except the back.
6. samsboy (unregistered)
This is a dreamed phone. I don't like the bezels I am see here, I mean the top and bottom Bezel. Note 5 should not be taller or wider than the note 4 in any way.
7. SprintPower (Posts: 74; Member since: 29 Dec 2008)
You know how hard it has been hanging on to this Galaxy S3 just waiting for the next really big thing? Sure the S4 was easy to lay off, but the S5 had me tempted. Then the S6 in all its shining glory was a seductress that nearly broke my will. But now, now I see the reward for my abstinence. The Note 5 will fulfill my wants, my desires in ways I cannot yet fully imagine. She shall be mine. The clock is ticking...
8. Ordinary (Posts: 2177; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
I hope stays like in Note 4 but improved in terms of brightness and that 4100mah would be great
30. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Wants huge battery, BUT OMG YOU BETTER BE THIN AS HELL!!!
54. Ordinary (Posts: 2177; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 will have 6000mah on 7.5mm thinnes while note 5 could have 4100 on 8.5mm I guess. I know tablet is larger but this is just a concept
9. JonathanAlexander7 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
May,June,July,August,SEPTEMBER,let's wait till july,maybe another leak that will confirm the design
15. BobbyBuster (banned) (Posts: 854; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
And it will NEED twice the clock rate plus 512GB RAM to beat iPhone6 with 1GB only in benchmarks.
53. AppleCultist (banned) (Posts: 335; Member since: 18 Feb 2015)
The iPhone 6 is about as strong as SnapDragon 800 devices, you tool. Apple sucks at optimization.
64. tedkord (Posts: 10235; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
But it will beat it, regardless.
"Wah! That car with a turbo 8 cylinder beat my 4 cylinder car in a race. But my car was faster per cylinder! "
A PC requires more ram and a more powerful CPU to run Crysis than one that runs Pong.
70. Sauce5 (unregistered)
Except they're both opening and closing apps, sending texts, sending Snapchats, and watching Youtube videos. Get out of here with your fanboyism and flawed logic.
88. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 2162; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
That's a sub part of the Note series. One offers true side-by-side multitasking, fully-immersive multitab web browsing without tabs randomly refreshing, natural hand note-taking, ability to replace all your needs of IR remotes right out of the box, etc, whereas the other, as you describe, is a mere app launcher. GTFO with your ignoramus and naïve attitude.
- From someone who's never bought a Samsung SmartPhone.
17. Avishek (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Sep 2014)
And the concept shows us that the camera lens wont be placed at the middle....?? WTF...
19. ibend (Posts: 3531; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
even note 3 look better than this concept..
and 4k display is useless now, its just power drainer and FPS dropper for game