RainbowMod ROM released and fully unlocks Nokia Lumia 800
The release is a Tango ROM, in which he used a Chinese firmware version. For those interested, installing his MOD means you will be updated to firmware 7.10.8773.98, bringing new features and functionality to your device.
The ROM comes with English and Russian language packs built-in. To install the MOD and avail of the new customization options, you'll need the Qualcomm boot loader to flash it.
RainbowMod has posted a list of new features made possible with the installation of his ROM:
- Full Unlock from UltraShot
- Removed OEM applications (Nokia Drive, Maps, etc.)
- Search key remapping
- QuickLaunch menu for quick switching state of WiFi, 3G, Flight mode, Power save, etc.
- Ability to access file system via WiFi/USB
- Integrated Live ID, DppImplant no longer needed, but new key can also be banned
- Orientation locker
- Added multiple colour themes
- Easy installation xap from browser or file manager
- Unlocked Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts (limitation of Chinese firmware)
- Added Google and Yandex search engines
- xb0xmod cert for cab-updates
- Lots of minor changes
- Updatability via Zune (not guaranteed)
3. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Not just android that can flash rom now eh ?
4. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Yeah but Windows Phone user does it for fun however Android user are forced to do it because its laggy & sluggish.
5. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
not all . Some , but they thumbed you down because they refuse to admit it .
my friend is running cm7 on his legend because he claims stock rom at 2.1 is unbearable
6. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Sometimes, but other times it's to add more features/themes.
Custom ROMs can help make a bad phone into a good phone, but they can make a good phone into a great phone.