PureView Phase V detailed: a 10 MP Lumia 830 camera with Nokia's thinnest OIS module
123.9 x 60.2 x 13.9 mm
5.96 oz (169 g)
130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7 mm
6.53 oz (185 g)
130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm
5.57 oz (158 g)
162.8 x 85.4 x 8.7 mm
7.37 oz (209 g)
- Primary camera sensor size: 10 MP, PureView
- Camera Focus Type: Auto focus with two-stage capture key
- Camera digital zoom: 4 x
- ZEISS optics: Yes
- Sensor size: 1/3.4 inch
- Main camera f-number/aperture: f/2.2
- Camera focal length: 26 mm
- Camera minimum focus range: 10 cm
First camera samples from the Lumia 830 and Lumia 730
1. DogeShibe (Posts: 738; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
I don't get why this has f/2.2 while 730 has f/1.9?
10. Ashoaib (Posts: 2292; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
lumia cameras are performing better than the competition, only draw back is windows... they should release two variants of their flagships, one with windows and the 2nd with android
22. Liveitup (Posts: 1345; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
If Windows was a drawback other platforms wouldn't be imitating its UI. Thought for the day.
27. hurrycanger (Posts: 1190; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
hmm, I'm not really sure how you're looking at the word "UI". It means to me more than just flatness.
And Windows as an operating system is way more than just the UI. Other operating systems sure aren't imitating how Windows Phone works. Like, for example, (just an example), even if Android gets a custom skin that looks just like WP, yet it still works the way Android works and runs the stuff Android runs, it would gets no "drawback" from WP. Hmm...
12. Birds (Posts: 1003; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Because one has OIS to stabilize low light photos and one doesn't.
16. DogeShibe (Posts: 738; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Not what I wanted to know...I know OIS helps reduce blur due to motion.
13. amrut.m (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 May 2014)
1.9 means it has bigger apeature better low light as it has small megapixel module.
2.2 has bigger sensor keeping sharpness and light detail
14. DogeShibe (Posts: 738; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Yeah I know that.For 830 ... I sense noise ... While 730 should do great macros.
L730 has to be a best seller...
25. DevilsAdvocate (Posts: 8; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
You are right. But 830 has OIS I guess.
2. DogeShibe (Posts: 738; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Anyway this is great but I like 730/735 design...slightly resembles Lumia 800.
3. jeeta444 (Posts: 133; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Which soc is L830 using ??
is it having a S400?
6. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 748; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Snapdragon 400, although details are rather scarce
4. raunak (Posts: 505; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Phase 3 was first introduced with 1020, not with 1520.
5. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 748; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Isn't the Lumia 1020 the one with the PureView Phase III camera?
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5867; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I am curious what MS is going to be announcing to replace the L1020 and L1520. Presumably the product designation will be L1030 and L1530, but internally, what will be the specs?
I really hope MS dumps the carrier exclusivity in the U.S. Carrier exclusivity is a plan for a sales fail.
19. haseebzahid (Posts: 1833; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
most probably a SD804 2GB or 3GB 2K res model. just for good marketting
11. tasior (Posts: 220; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
It doesn't look like Phase 4. It looks like Phase 2 all over again...
23. tasior (Posts: 220; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
It looks like step back to 920 like cameras. No more lossless zoom, just good low light photos.
20. Gadgety (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Nokia smashed the door in when introducing the 41mp lossless zooming mobile camera, branding it Pureview. Pureview lossless zooming was possible through the giant sensor.
Elop subsequently tried to rebrand Pureview to signify all Nokia (and no Microsoft) camera tech offerings. This obviously had the intention to piggy back on the 41mp camera, and diluted the Pureview brand. Now, calling this Pureview Phase V, shows how diluting the brand has continued for five phases. Pureview today means what - a camera of some type. Gee, now its flatter. An amazing story of how to trash branding.
24. tasior (Posts: 220; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
They did the same with ClearBlack display technology.
Lumia is now Nokia only by name... Even at this Berlin presentation, there wasn't a single person with characteristic Finnish accent...
29. sks1969 (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
Dude, you had the optics Phd she did the demo of the 830, she did the thing about bees and the needle in the haystack when the 1020 was announced.
26. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1100; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
selling at 423 American Dollars this is not a cheap smart phone but I could buy one.
but I like a lot of Lumia 1020 fans want a Verizon version of the Microsoft-Lumia 1020
with the 41 pixel camera. the 1520 is cool but a little big to me.
28. trueDTS (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Sep 2014)
is 925's cam still better than 830's?925 has 1/3" sensor,F2.0?