Pro tip: the Google Edition camera app can take pics with the volume buttons
1. damokles (unregistered)
APPLE HAD THAT BEFORE GOOGLE, FTW!
10. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Who cares who had it first? I've never had it on my Android phones, so it's new to me.
9. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Actually many Android skins such as Touchwiz and Blur have been doing this for a long time.
12. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
CM7 and other developers developed android had such thing features early as 2009.
so lets not compare apples and peaches.
16. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
but most phones have own camera button
2. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 736; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Feature youve been looking in android for a long time.. If you are pointing stock android then yes.. but galaxies have that feature
3. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 904; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
The Galaxy S4 already this with TouchWiz!! :)
7. yadu004 (Posts: 64; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
camera>settings>spanner menu> you'll find the volume key option where you can assign the action for it.
8. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 904; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Took a screenshot, here you go:
6. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Umm my note 2 uses the power button for the shutter. Then again I'm also using beanstalk :)
11. voxmarc (Posts: 323; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
my note 2 nd S3 have this since the release of the device,......you guys need to play a little bit more time with your Galaxies,,,go to....camera>settings>volume key use as....PA this only show that you did not bother to go deep on your reviews of device.
15. ngaleku (Posts: 4; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
in my s3 why i don't see the option for using volume key as
13. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
u can do that with the camera zoom fx app
14. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3063; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I don't see why they don't just start putting camera buttons back on the sides of phones again, every android phone that is like 4.5+ display have plenty of room and always a wasted space on the sides.
17. lifebeyondearth (Posts: 25; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Because it remains bad ass this way :P
18. AJmeBOY (Posts: 34; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
This was an out of the box feature on my Razr Maxx.
Michael H and PA need to do a better job exploring their devices before making a blanket statement like this article.