Prior to next week's event, Nokia produces two videos about its cameras
The second video points out that since 2005, all high-end Nokia models have used ZEISS lens. The video mentions how Nokia is the only smartphone manufacturer trusted by the lens maker. All of this is in preparation for the big event next week Almost from the moment that the Nokia 808 PureView was introduced, there has been talk about a Windows Phone powered version of the device and now it is almost here.
In the meantime, check out the pair of videos. You don't have to be a Nokia owner to find all of this interesting, especially now that the smartphone camera has gone from an afterthought to being a major feature on a smartphone.
source: YouTube (1), (2), Nokia
1. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Nokia know quality in their imaging. Can't wait.
4. akki20892 (Posts: 3756; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
EOS EOS EOS EOS EOS...........gooooooooooooooo zoom it and take a "Moon" photo.......!!!
7. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Nokia always knew quality, now they are just using their past and trust from before to present the current phones. not bad marketing. lets just hope nokia doesnt get run over by other companies this time again.
5. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
why are they not concentrating to be the king of smartphone? :(
8. -box- (Posts: 3953; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
They already have the best smartphones, advertising it would be unseemly bragging.
3. aelliott (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Oct 2010)
All that technology in such a small space producing such great images.
9. nadarbsm (Posts: 24; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
so NOKIA is now officially a smart camera company... interesting.. o_O
10. the_best (Posts: 139; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
i like that, a "smartcam" the next step after smartphone. for the people that got bored of ios and android.
11. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1492; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
yeah if you want a smartphone get a galaxy but if you want a smartcam get a lumia.
12. Dastrix (unregistered)
I always think about this: Aside from the OS, what else matters really? Specs? No! Specs go with the OS, so it's really hardware. Premium materials are one thing, camera is another. Nokia has both, so Nokia FTW!!!