Pricey NVIDIA Tegra 4 shipping at low volumes despite brand-name adoption
1. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 539; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Nvidia Tegra 4, without a doubt the biggest fail this year, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHIPPING IN THE BEGGINING OF THE YEAR NVIDIA!
7. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They are loosing the grounds.. sad.
32. deacz (Posts: 142; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
I had a tegra 2 Xoom and then a htc one x and transformer prime with tegra 3. Junk, not going to buy another tegra for quite some time.
The sd600 i have in my htc one is worlds better, I couldnt even play 720p well on my tegra 3 devices.
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Great this will destroy that Crapdragon half-baked unmatured chip.
Finally we can enjoy and feel the power of an A15.
HTC and Motorola might stock this as well.
9. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
you got 5 green thumbs from your 5 different accounts? smh
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Potato and Experiadroid looks familiar...
Punnypoop is states limited tech2 polrt3 I hate smart phones is active. I wonder what other accounts does potato use...®
31. tech2 (Posts: 825; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
lol.......tech3 was limited not me ! Infact I was the one who reported XperiaDroid's tech3 account !
P.S.: I currently own a GS4 and absolutely love the device
24. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I got 9 now. Eat potato and kill yourself ASAP.
11. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1476; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
What is your problem....did Samsung ever do anything to you to emotionally scar you in any way other than make phones you dislike.....if that's all they did well get over it! Many people like Samsung devices and don't get me wrong I don't mind people critisicing Samsung for a reason but you just have a go for no reason at all on a article which isn't even about Samsung! If they had kidnapped your family or something then fine but stop being a blind troll!
13. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Why did not you say the same thing to the
troll was he who started it all, It seems you're a
diehard fan of samsung just because you're
only angry if anyone insults samsung. I think
you're blind and you should open your eyes
29. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Can you wait little bit longer? because until this day i’m still using samsung GS2 with exynos in it. after i replace it with “Honami” you can call me Sony Snapdragon fans, because i would have Honami, and Xperia Tablet Z
30. MistB (Posts: 509; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If he is or not that remains to be debated, but bringing Samsung into the conversation when it has NOTHING to do with Samsung is becoming quite common amongst commenters on all techblogs. They feel the need to mention it because of sheer hatred, because Samsung is the top Android OEM by a margin, people dislike Samsung because of preference for their own brand and because they see the South Korean giant as becoming a new Apple and people hate Apple on the other hand because of it's legal practices and supposed 'stealing ideas' and claiming it as their own, also because every teenage girl and people who don't know anything about phones will purchase the IPhone and now also, the Galaxy.
23. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
What about TROLL then?
Calling LUMIA BRICK,
all Samsung fans I have seen are blind troll..
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The A7 Cortex is a lag, not the A15 E5410.
Blame the A7s which should've been clocked at 1.6Ghz
25. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
and you TROLL.
You got 3 thumbs up.
1 from rehankhan, 1 from whyoton1 and third from whyoton2 or SleepingOZ.
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1110; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
yeah Nvidia dropped the ball again. To bad the Tegra 4 is amazing but there lack of production is going to hurt it bad
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And Exynos is used only by The great Apple CPU and PowervrSgx GPU.
Only the best will Apple will use.
Apple will never use umatured Snapdragon chips on there device. So yes Snapdragon rules on typical all commercial standard phones.
22. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
"Apple iPhone is the most complained phone ever according to the surveys."
Need more troll?
6. sharks (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Tegra 4 suffers badly from its energy-hungry design. This is not the case for the Snapdragon processors which offers excellent performance as well as being the most energy efficient chipsets on the market.
12. TheLolGuy (Posts: 450; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Supposedly 2015 is when their own custom core design will be out. We'll see what happens then. They're a contender for graphics king -- but even then, their patent portfolio for mobile graphics technology may be more limited in size compared to those who have been in the market from the start.
It'll be interesting to see how their custom core works out, when nVidia has limited experience with general purpose processing, even less mobile...
8. TheLolGuy (Posts: 450; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
They need better pricing structure for their chips. No one is using Tegra 4 right now, and beggars can't be choosers. They need to give the manufacturers a good deal to get a solid footing first. You are not Intel, so don't price your chips like you are.
26. flynfree (Posts: 364; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Or maybe it's really powerful base on a15 architecture,
and pricey chips 'coz of quality materials.
I want it for my next tablet, and 4i for my next phone.
10. Cyberchum (Posts: 138; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Talk about worst chip, I say exynos. Never gonna use a device powered by that fryer again. little or on community support, the heat can dry your shampooed hair.
18. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Nobody wants a piece of it huh? Dang Nvidia you must've pissed a lot of OEMs with your underwhelning Tegra 3.
So it's now becoming clear
MEDIATEK > Nvidia
19. FlushGordon (unregistered)
SAMSUNG - Qualcom, Exynos
SONY - Qualcom, Mediatek
HTC. - Qualcom
LG - Qualcom
LENOVO - Intel
Toshiba and Asus comprises of how many, less than 3 percent if the total sales when you factor in those major players
Quite miniscule indeed
27. flynfree (Posts: 364; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Is anybody knows where I find a "BATTERY" or if there is, for my old tablets Samsung and Motorola.?
28. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
NVIDIA is reminding of the story of the Rabit and Tortoise