Palm Pre Specifications | Hands-on
This article contains unofficial information.
1. VZW Employee (Posts: 22; Member since: 25 Mar 2009)
"iphone killer"? how about someone release a more reliable and quality pda out there
9. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
I am so sick of "iPhone Killer" terms thats no longer a sales tactic its a dissapointment waiting to happen, no other phone has that technilogical eginuity, lets face it its just not out there. Now with that being said I am a Verizon advocate and I dont perticularly care for the iPhone, but still, no one is "biting" anymore on iPhone Killer terms, every phone thats been released that has said that, has never had a follow up article regarding how "iPhone(y)" it really is. Also iPhone was released from a PC company based on apps and music, Palm has been in the hands of white collars and real estate agents. I agree with Legion, quit making crap up and building up a "PDA" device, the ONLY real iPhone killer that would ever exist would HAVE to be created by Microsoft,I know this sounds stupid but, like a Zune phone or something. the only existing iphone killer has to have parralell features and then some, not just a Vibrant touch screen with a bunch of preloaded buisness apps. It needs to be smooth music and app related...Basically Toy first Phone second...I hardly see Palm taking that approach...Nuf said!
2. Legion (Posts: 397; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Phonearena, can I ask you a question? Why are you publishing a news article based on a post from some random thread? Using that logic any claim or rumor could be substantiated. I got a dicey piece of news for you, the Iphone 3.0 will launch for AT&T and VZW simultaneously on July 4th at a price point of 149.99, it will include gsm.cdma with a 8 terabit hard-drive. See how easy that was? Wheres my article?
3. Fan_of_Fanboys (Posts: 101; Member since: 13 Nov 2008)
Is it still going to have a 2.0 MP camera?
4. Legion (Posts: 397; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
No, based on customer feedback, it will have a 1.3 MP camera.
5. htsee (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2009)
the specs have it listed at 3.0, with led flash...
6. htsee (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2009)
its not a verizon phone, so i dont think theyd gimp the specs... =-)
10. insider80 (Posts: 93; Member since: 26 Jan 2009)
customer feedback? lol there are no customers with the phone yet wtf! i hate when people just make shit up, its a 3 megapixel with led flash
7. heavybreathing (Posts: 276; Member since: 26 Feb 2009)
I bet this phone gets kicked off the first week. ZING
11. insider80 (Posts: 93; Member since: 26 Jan 2009)
no one uses the word iphone killer except the media. palm would never call the pre an iphone killer, the pre is at a whole new level above the iphone or any "iphone killer" and they dont want to market it with the likes of lameness
17. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
An exec from Palm actually did just that basically calling it an iPhone killer.... Keep up on your news son.
12. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
a device is only as good as the network its on :-)
14. htsee (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2009)
and sprints network is pretty good... all cdma carriers have great coverage... voice, vzw has the best, with sprint right behind... data, sprint has the best, with vzw right behind... CDMA FTW!
15. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
dude in NY State at&t has much better coverage than sprint and if you compare coverage maps with gayt&t and sprint, at&t wins.
16. htsee (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2009)
coverage maps dont tell the whole tale of the story... its like saying at&t's hsdpa is "faster" than everyone elses data network... technically, it CAN be faster, but its not... just like the iphone, you can have coverage, but using it is a different issue... look at jd power & associates recent coverage awards (even though i hate them, vzw employees swear by it)... sprint is right behind vzw for voice... most independent tests find sprints data just a tad bit faster than vzw...
18. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
WERE ALL GOING TO PRETEND WE DIDNT HEAR YOU SAY THAT.
19. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
That's part of the problem w/vzw employee/subs, wearing blinders
13. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
Why do you keep repeating that crap, Sprint is either 1 or 2 throughout the majority of the country. Make a rational argument