Nokia reportedly shelves its Android device plans, shifts to smart wearables and wireless charging tech
Affordable Nokia Normandy with customized version of Android concept render
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ma ma mia! So, no hopes on Nokia Android phones anymore? Damn, Trojan Flop and Money Mortimer ruined everyone's dream phone.
2. Finalflash (Posts: 1577; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
In other words, no hope for Nokia anymore?
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
There's still hope for Nokia, because Nokia will make a comeback in the next few years.
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1319; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Nokia, when you make Android Phones, be ready to shut up and take my money!
14. GrndsKeeprWillie (Posts: 14; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
They could have been someone.
You can the slow road or the fast road and yes, yes touch screens a bad idea as well
6. LordDavon (Posts: 107; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
I don't think this means never. It just means we won't see them for another couple years.
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6230; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
We can all blame M$ for the coompetition against Android OS. Still would love to have A NOKIA ANDROID phone that will be the only handset i will buy from them
21. CradleVindicated (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
If only they are using android platform. I think Samsung and Apple will be shake on the top. Hardware is their specialty but it was forgotten because of focusing in very boring WP OS. Nokia will be a small player in smartphone market if they will not change their trend.
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What does the Elop say? Money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money.
What does the Ballmer say? Woo! Come on..., developers, developers, developers, developers and Windows to my underpants!
8. ihavenoname (Posts: 1319; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Ballmer at Microsoft: "We don't have any good developers, developers, developers..."
9. CEMIII (Posts: 110; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
Ahh poor guys all you Android fans did nothing but brag about the quality of Samsung & nothing else could touch them. Now Noika is finally in the running & y'all are fusing because y'all are admitting that they make a better device and want it.
This is what we were saying all along when it came to WP's. All we wanted were same build & quality just a different OEM.
Don't worry though Samsung has your back & WP's in 2014. Nokia will have Androids back as well, just give them 2-3 years.
Show the LOVE.
I'm a WP fan man but I just got my wife the S4 nice device (guts) but the housing is cheap.
18. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 345; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Wearables reinvented :)
Wherever Nokia goes innovation will always be their first goal.
12. james.blunt.1973 (Posts: 32; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
Ugly handset, better die anyway...
13. tadaa (Posts: 233; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
why do you keep saying asha won't be acquired by MS? It's stated in their deal that MS gets both asha and lumia lines of devices. unless there were changes to the deal i would assume you didn't read its terms like a proper online journalist should
15. lorenzattractor (Posts: 64; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought the Asha lineup was part of the deal.
17. tasior (Posts: 191; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
I agree. According to what I read the only phone department, that stays in Nokias hands is the feature phone series, like 105, 208, etc. Shelf below Asha series...
16. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Man i would drool over a Nokia Android phone, this is so depressing. Oh well i guess patience is still a virtue.
20. phoneguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 08 Jan 2009)
Ms bought the entire device arm of Nokia. This includes Asha. What do I know though? I just work for Nokia.
22. kindlefireowner (Posts: 339; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Face it Fandroids, You got punk'd. You actually fell for that. Microsoft was not going to allow that, even with them getting paid.
23. frmrVZguy (Posts: 38; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
You can still sell phones ... just call them Aikon, or buy China's NokLa brand. I have a NokLa fake e75 in the storage bin. Nice keyboard and touch screen too. ;)