Nokia drops prices on smartphones to rejuvenate sales, Nokia N8 price slashed by 15%
1. ryq (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 10:02 2 4
price of nokia phones generally fall after only a few months from its release. this has been going on for ages so its nothing new unlike samsung and sony ericsson and of course iphone.
2. rongun (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 10:45 1 1
i think that nokia will be release the windows version of n9 at major markets
3. PhoneLuver posted on 05 Jul 2011, 10:54 2 5
it's no secret that the N8 software sucks! I know of one person who's N8 froze up and had to wait for his phone's battery to die so he could reset it! lol
15. TreyTreyTaylor posted on 05 Jul 2011, 15:32 3 0
Nokia N8 doesn't have a removable battery. That might be a reason ;-)
21. DontHateOnS60 posted on 06 Jul 2011, 09:05 0 0
Torx screwdriver will open up the battery hatch or try the 8 second power button hold.
20. PhoneLuver posted on 06 Jul 2011, 02:44 0 0
The N8 has an interrupt key (can't remember what it is right now), but even that didn't work. And yes, you need a screwdriver to remove the battery. You'll probably void your warranty in the process though.
13. DanT (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 14:30 0 0
Well, that means it was too stupid to use the phone ... he probably should get an iPhone, that one is easy even for my grandma. He just had to hold the on/off button for a few seconds .... ta daaaa ... magic!
4. aries.phills posted on 05 Jul 2011, 10:59 0 0
This is normal with nokia. Nothing extraordinary. Especially, when Nokia wants to introduce new devices, the do the price slashing of their old devices.
6. taco50 (banned) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 11:11 3 0
At this point I don't think this will give them a big boost in sales
9. iHateCrapple posted on 05 Jul 2011, 13:12 3 0
Agreed, only diehard Nokia fans will buy into the bargain bin, IMO.
12. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 13:42 2 0
As a former diehard Nokia fan, I can attest that I will not descend to buying a handset that is already obselete before it even comes off of the assembly line... no more Nokia for me.
7. viper26 (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 12:02 2 1
nokia should change its tagline to "we do whats obvious"
Sometimes i wonder if the biggest book nokia management has read is red riding hood !
8. hawk62 posted on 05 Jul 2011, 12:05 0 0
And a week ago the n8 was only $249 after rebate until they shut down their web store. Nokia is totally f**ked up anymore
10. Historical Dates (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 13:13 1 0
Osama bomb the twin towers sending it crashing down. -September 11th
Elope bombed the news on the death of symbian sending Nokia crashing down - Feburary 11th
11. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 13:13 1 0
"Hmmm... we've been running out of inventory, and closing down all our online stores and some physical retail stores. We've been manufacturing less phones than ever, introducing less new models than ever, and making less money than ever. We are pulling out of the Japanese market entirely, and US network operators are not selling our products a whole lot any more. What do you think we should do, Emporer... I mean, Mr. Elop?"
"Slash the prices... ALL of them."
14. InspectorGadget80 posted on 05 Jul 2011, 14:49 1 0
What's the point when everyone around the world saw you NOKIA SOLD YOURSELF TO M$. Instead of joining Android OS where you can make some real money
17. JS15278 (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 16:57 0 0
i am sorry but n8 and c7 are almost one year devices where is the strange to have a discount in there price other companies they get new prices sooner.
as for the n8 i have since december and i don't change it for anything only for N9 or sea ray i will see when they come witch is better