Nokia Windows Phone with 41MP PureView camera render leaks, flaunting high-end specs
1. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I love the design of the white Lumia 900 but this one's erm..fugly!
8. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
I don't think this the real deal. It cannot be. Such extreme and bulky design is not what is to be expected of a phone who bears their flagship imaging technology. I'd say this might be some cheaper PureView version aimed at younger kids with a lower budget, possibly with a lower sensor to it. On those pictures, it's not even pocket friendly.
The REAL 41mpx PureView phone model will hold the standards higher, and will come in the shape of a normal phone (with added bump for the sensor). Just like the 808 model.
10. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
All in all - I call these images fake or just early prototypes of a phone they used to try out the PureVIew technology in Windows Phone.
Let's all pray it is so ...
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I also don't like how it looks. :|
2. Birds (Posts: 991; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
If the screen is 4.3 inches and the phone is shaped like that then this will be huge!!!!!! Who would want a phone that thick and huge? They should just keep their design similar to the 900 but call it the 1000 or something. But still a cool concept.
3. stipe (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
And the new Microsoft logo ... it coud be true .....
4. bbblader (Posts: 580; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
kill it kill it with fire and make a n9 design!
this thing is fugly like sleepingoz said
5. Veigald (Posts: 238; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Shouldn't that be "the Wild EAST of the Chinese blogosphere"? :)
6. andrew1953 (Posts: 174; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
Great looking phone for outdoorsy sporty types but would be really good with a dedicated rugged action type tablet on which to download pictures and videos. Interesting. To see how it would work as a stand alone device. Talk of this coming out on a Windows platform are probably correct. However it will probablybe atleast another 12 months before such a device becomes reality.
9. pongkie (Posts: 502; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
hmmm looks like my tv remote. the age of giant phones is back
11. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
The design and specs are just amazing! Finally the best cameraphone with the best OS coming to the market!
12. andro. (Posts: 1955; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This is a horrible design!! Windows phone sales will be getting even worse!
13. -box- (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Except for the strong curvature of the screen and the bulk at the bottom of the device, it looks good. I'd love a PureView Nokia that can dual-boot for WP8 and Symbian Carla+...
14. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
They look like those water resistant cameras or something. Not a fan, but knowing Nokia this is not a final product.
15. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Looks like a toy mobile which i used in childhood ..
18. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
But i would love a completely new design ... Designs these days are boring .. If this is not that bulky i would love this mobile .. :)
16. Obviously (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Mmmmm, love me a phone with some curves, Shake it!
21. Mozarrt (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Nokia has done some weird things in the past, alteast they try to be different.
24. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
N9 look's much better! Hideous design!
To many curve's, NOKIA N74 Concept Design....
Out-dated spec's. plastic.....
26. downphoenix (Posts: 2329; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Nokia sure knows how to make some ugly ass phones, but with those specs I can forgive.
28. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5598; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i like the specs and i like that it has PureView but it's just so ugly! if i were to get a Windows Phone it would probably be between a high-end HTC with a 16MP Camera, Beats Audio, S4 w/ Adreno 320 & an HD Display or a high-end Nokia w/ their PureView Camera, S4 w/ Adreno 320 & an HD Display.
29. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
is that a dildo? f n nasty! actually looks like a remote control for my old tv.
31. Jyakotu (Posts: 820; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
It may not be the best looking phone, but at least it's different. Unlike Android, manufacturers can't rely on just pumping out the same hardware because they're not allowed to change WP7's Metro UI. Nokia is showing the others how it's done. Face, majority of Android phones looks the same when it comes to hardware. *looks at HTC*
32. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
You may like it or hate it, but finally a bold design!
Today's phones look too simple and boring. I was waiting for Nokia's design experiments that we could enjoy through the last decade...
34. Jillsandwich (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
I'll take a One-X with WP loaded on it over this. Actually, I'll take that over anything, including whatever the Galaxy S3 will bring to the table (presumably a lot). Tegra or S4.. don't care. It's WP7 so it'll make Android look like a clunky piece of crap.
36. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Yea yea...because you all are anorectics and phone which doesn't have less than 9 mm is bulky and too thick...sissy handy do we have?
buy a brick eg. new moto razrr...uncomfy slab.
I think maufacturers forgot about a very important thing: ERGONOMICS!
38. jack1059 (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
Its really sad to see nokia and all their in house expertise being prostitued to microsoft.
39. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Who designed this phone...
They should kick him out...
40. yodanim (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
It can't be true because of the curves horizontally, it just isn't conducive to the Windows Metro mantra. Has to have a square screen
41. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
The most awfully terrible design, to ever grace the face of the human race.