Nokia N9 will not be coming to the U.S.
The decision to exclude the U.S. from the N9's itinerary has to do with existing Nokia products and new models expected to launch in the area, if you believe Nokia's statement. But you might shake your head and ask why a product that generally was received so warmly in the U.S. when introduced would not be sold in that market. It is not like Nokia's business is doing so well that they can afford to skip this market. Perhaps when Nokia shook hands with Microsoft and decided to replace Symbian with Windows Phone 7, some type of agreement was made. After all, Nokia's CEO was quick to say that even if the N9 was a hit, the company would still focus on the new models using Microsoft's mobile OS.
And just in case some Americans are feeling picked on, the same story is repeating itself in the U.K. where The Inquirer writes that they have been told by Nokia not to expect the N9 in England. The British paper says that they were told by Nokia that the countdown timer was for Sweden only and comes to the conclusion that perhaps Nokia doesn't want an N9 launch getting in the way of the release of Nokia models powered by Windows Phone 7.
Despite any secret handshakes it might have had with the guys at Redmond, Nokia might not be in a position to turn away the number of sales that it might have garnered in the U.S. and England with the Nokia N9. Microsoft's mobile OS has not exactly been a big seller in the States and while the Mango update might change that, the whole affair makes you wonder why the Nokia N9 was ever produced in the first place.
source: Engadget, TheInquirer
The Nokia N9 will be available in many colors but won't be available to the red, white and blue
1. gallitoking posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:15 12 1
wtf?????.... no United States... now i am having a bad morning...
6. gallitoking posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:34 6 0
good morning... it seems that no phone upgrade for me anytime soon.. the N9 not coming.. the Bionic.. well is an urban legend now.. the iphone 5,,, Santa Claus may bring that one.....done venting... can you believe this???... I am strongly considering the SGII out of desperation....
9. GALAXY-S posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:45 0 0
lol well i hope you find that right phone for yourself, im kind of in your same situation but im all done venting now im jus waiting here patiently and which ever phone comes first to tmo, or at&t by then =( .. i will get
11. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:49 4 5
Just get the Sea Ray!!!!
19. gallitoking posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:25 4 1
hhmmmm good suggestion and it runs Mango... thanks for the advise Mobile-X-Pert
26. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:34 5 2
To me the Sea Ray looks more & more appealing. You are 100% about the Mango also. It should be a sick phone!
32. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:55 2 1
The Nokia Sea Ray has the same design and build quality of the N9 but it runs Mango and the most important thing it has the ''Microsoft support''. I thought about gettign the N9 but once Nokia said that there will be no more ''Meego'' I changed my mine.
I have a great feeling about the Sea Ray.
37. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:06 2 1
And that's one of the reasons why the N9 will not be released in some countries, because the Sea Ray looks identical to the N9 and that might cause confusion and competition between those two phones.
29. GALAXY-S posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:39 2 1
if i had to choose between the sea ray and n9 . yea i would go sea ray, meego is def. not an option
31. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:49 2 1
MeeGo is definitely NOT an option. Galaxy-S are you ready the Samsung Galaxy S II is just around the corner! FINALLY!
38. GALAXY-S posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:06 1 0
HEck yea im ready !! a buddy over in mexico has it already dang im so jealous!!! if a varient came to tmo it would be just perfect!! lol
49. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:38 1 0
Yes it's been a long wait, stick it out & you will be rewarded. The U.S. versions look pretty sweet!
23. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:30 1 0
Damn I am really sorry. I don't get why Nokia would not drop this phone in the U.S. Good morning to you also!
44. gallitoking posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:14 0 1
well i will look into the sea ray phone,... but I have a verbal commitment to the iphone 5 now that the dam Bionic is playing hard to get... but i will research on the Sea Ray.. as Android is getting on my nerves..right now... thank you guys...
53. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Aug 2011, 15:19 2 2
Hey, i reccomend you get a phone with bada OS. The wave s8500 and wave s8530 are great phones. If i where you though i would wait for the Wave 3. That phone is rumored to have the same specs as the Galaxy S2.
But anyway, i think you should at least give bada a look. Search on youtube for bada 2.0.1 and you will se how badas coming update looks like.
63. mannyfs posted on 09 Aug 2011, 19:18 1 1
as if anyone was gonna buy this anyways. better for nokia to do that than to lose their dignity w 0 sales
2. GALAXY-S posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:17 5 4
soo what if the n9 is not comming just bring the GALAXY S2 dammit!! lol
4. christianqwerty posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:27 6 7
S2 would be 100x better if it ran Wp7 mango than android
10. GALAXY-S posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:47 2 2
when Wp7 gets more apps then will talk n see if it could be better...
13. christianqwerty posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:00 5 2
When android gets more stable, i will get it, untill then WP7 is the best choice for me
18. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:24 2 3
Android is more stable than WP7 at the moment.
WP7 is one of the most buggy OSes ive ever had. I had the Omnia 7 + many more phones (check my profile) and the omnia 7 was the phone with the most bugs. On number 2 came Android. the other phones ive not had any bugs with.
24. GALAXY-S posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:33 2 0
umm android is already stable, specially if you go with newer gingerbread android... but its ok stay with your wp7 maybe in a couple of years you'll get some nice apps
5. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:27 7 1
That is just INSANE by Nokia !
7. downphoenix posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:39 2 0
probably couldnt get any carrier to subsidize. Not surprising, Nokia has had a lot of trouble with that for non entry level phones.
8. Cyborg (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:39 0 0
I guess GS2 will have to do for a while. Very satisfied so far with the performance but it's the Nokia N9 that excites me.
12. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:56 5 10
It's not like it would've sold or anything considering people want a smartphone that's actually worth having. Nokia has never sold anything worth having.
14. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:06 7 1
Miz, as we say in sweden, "gå och ta dig en dush." (go and take a shower) or "dra nåt gammalt över dig" (pull something old over yourself).
They both have the meaning that you are talking completely rubbish and should go and do something better.
27. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:36 5 1
Peter that was awesome! lol I like the way you dropped the hammer on The_Miz! lol
34. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:04 1 5
sucking up ftw?
50. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:45 2 1
The_Miz it's ok. Don't get too mad. lol
58. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 19:12 0 3
Lol, you're mistaking me for the likes of you Android fans who pitch a hissy fit every time Android gets outdone.
68. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 20:57 0 0
I don't know , you sounded kinda emotional. It's ok to be mad. It's a natural feeling. LOL
54. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Aug 2011, 15:21 2 1
Thanks : )
33. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:03 0 5
Yeah, except Swedish people aren't exactly the brightest bulbs in a box. Ooh yeah, I went there.
55. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Aug 2011, 15:38 2 0
Thats one of the dumbest comments ever to be posted on phonearena.
Swedish people are known to be one of the brightest people around.
Sweden is known to be where lots of inventions come from.
Where does the seat belt come from ?
Where does the pacemaker come from ?
Sweden (independently and at the same time Samuel Colt also made a revolver)
Encryption machines ?
Tetra pak ?
Digitizer (the predeccessor of the computer mouse) ?
The spherical bearing ?
Skype and spotify ?
You see alot of very common inventions come form Sweden, and Swedish people are definitely very bright people.
Maybe it is you that has some lose screws ?
59. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 19:15 2 2
Hear that sound? It's the sound of me not caring. Only thing Swedish people are known for is their stuck up, pompous attitudes. Lol, if they had their noses any higher up in the sky, they'd drown from all the moisture.
Japan is where it's at. Plus innovation? LOL, Apple is a US COMPANY that innovated the smartphone market with the iPhone. How do you like them Apples now lol?
70. PeterIfromsweden posted on 10 Aug 2011, 01:19 2 0
You just seem to be plain dumb. Good that swedes have a good mentality and dont care what other people think about them.
In fact swedes are known to be one of the most down to earth, in reality people on the earth.
Pompous attitide ???
You dont seem know a thing about Sweden hahaha.
Apple is a US company, yes... and ???
Nokia invented the smartphone, apple copied Nokia (nokia is a finnish company, but finland is very similar to sweden, in fact swedish is an official language in finland.)
17. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:17 3 1
@ The_Miz....Do you really have a brain in your head cause I think you don't. I can never take you seriously, all you do is bash and post tons of unprofessional comments. When are you going to grow up???????????????
21. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:25 3 2
Everytime Miz, opens his mouth, he gets thumbed down : P
28. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:36 2 1
36. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:05 1 5
Ooh, let me go get my I so care feelings.
35. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:05 1 4
all you do is whine and baww just because I am giving my opinion. Don't like what I say, don't read it, kid.
40. gallitoking posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:07 3 2
I will jump in and defend the Miz.... he is character that speak his mind... he is passionate about certain topics... he doesnt spend half the day here ....cough... like me.. he comes in expresses himself.. and leaves.. I see nothing wrong that... and if I see all his comments with an open mind... most of them are in a sense right... at least for him... I love his comments... imagine how boring a forum would be if we all agree on everything..... I say we need the Miz.. PA needs the Miz.... Miz for president....sorry i got carried away...
42. GALAXY-S posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:12 1 1
lol that is very funny and true the miz is intersting here in the forums lol!! still thumbed you down though
45. gallitoking posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:17 1 1
jajaja wouldnt expect anything less from you,,, galaxy.... jk... at least he is wearing a shirt on his avatar now.. so...
48. GALAXY-S posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:28 0 0
ok that was hell of funny galitoking !!
51. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:48 3 1
I do like The_Miz here also, he & taco50 are on an endless race to see who can get the most thumbs down. I guess The_Miz's favorite color is taco50's favorite color RED. lol
62. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 19:18 1 2
If I don't get a thumbs down, then I must not be doing my job right.
61. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 19:17 0 2
LOL, sad when you have to tell someone you thumbed them down. Lol, go get laid or something.
47. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:24 0 0
hahahaha that was a good one!
60. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 19:16 1 1
;) You sure know how to flatter a guy. This place would be boring without me giving my two cents in.
39. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:06 0 5
Dropping by to say that Galaxy S phones are iPhone wannabes.
41. GALAXY-S posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:10 2 0
after the galaxy s2 iphone will wanna be galaxy..
52. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:50 1 1
Ohh The_Miz, Galaxy-S went there! lol
65. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 19:20 0 2
Went there and failed hard lol, just like Sniggly with a girl.
64. The_Miz posted on 09 Aug 2011, 19:19 0 2
HAH!!! iPhones are so hot that Samsung wants to copy them sooo badly because they know could never be on Apple's level.
71. PeterIfromsweden posted on 10 Aug 2011, 01:22 1 0
You really are crazy !!!
15. networkdood posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:16 1 1
Nokia is dooming themselves...for shame....for shame...