Nokia Lumia 900 can run Windows Phone 8, claims Nokia Care
1. satydesh (Posts: 71; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
nokia is well known for their product support also MS gives some special rights to nokia to edit code of their OS this means that there are more chances to getting update to next version!!!
2. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1054; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks Nokia wants to make affordable smart phones I predict that Nokia will make cheap single core middle tech Wwindows 8 smart phones as well as the more expensive Dual core, High def screen. NFC, Pure vue Camera high tech Windows 8 smart phones that will make Windows smart phones have the technology to compete with the Iphone or the high Android smart phones like the Galaxy S 3. a cheap Nokia 900 running Windows 8 would still sell well if it is priced right because it's design is still very good though it is dated now.
3. steelicon (Posts: 309; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Lumia 900 running Windows Phone 8 in what capacity and function?
4. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I'm pretty sure the Lumia 900 would be at a great price when WP8 is announced along with other Nokia phones.
5. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Lumia 900?? Only?? BWAHAHAHA!!!
6. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I wanna live in the US where Lumia phones are cheap. Here in Asia, the unlocked ones are pricey as hell, especially the 900, same price as the SIII.
11. Credo (Posts: 692; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
in Belgium we have the same problem :) 500 to 600 € :) about 700 $ :)
14. -box- (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
They're $450-499.99 is the U.S. Cheaper than an iPhone or Galaxy S2, but still a fair amount of money
19. friko (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
While AT&T in U.S. is selling Lumia 900 at $500 USD... Here in México, Telcel company is at $750 USD which means $10,800 MX pesos.
8. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Its Nokia we are talking about, there's more than 90% probability that Lumia900 can run WP8. Nokia unlike others has never disappointed its customers when it comes to updates.
10. RobotMan (Posts: 125; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Same as when they said 610 can run Skype, but now what happen !
17. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Dude they removed it because of performance issues, its still available if u know how to get it ;).
But at least they score brownie points for thorough testing, unlike fruit Ninja n Bot.
16. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
It's very simple. If WP8 supports the current hardware (1 GHz Snapdragon S2, 512MB RAM) then all current gen phones will be updated assuming that the OEM is willing to.
9. Vrils (Posts: 29; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
they still dind`t confirm that Windows 7.5 phones will be upgraded to Windows 8
12. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Seeing most Windows 8 tablet coming with 2GB Ram. I don't think any windows phone will get the true Windows 8 update. Yes there will be a windows 8 update, it will just change the version name and number. Some more updates and additions. To make us believe its Windows 8.
13. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
the only ones i believe will update there phone is nokia. that being said just like all major updates unless you buy the new phone the update will not give you all the features of the new major update that is a given.
15. snowgator (Posts: 3199; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Book it: All WP 2nd Gen devices will vet WP8. Period, end of story. Chisel it in stone, and take the odds in Vegas.
Everyone"cheering" for Microsoft to screw this up: Move along, nothing to see here. Find something else to complain about.
The only debates here is when each manufacturers will get it, if there will be an Apollo release day for legacy devices like there was for Mango, and if 1st Gen devices will get it (I hope so. No reason not to.)
18. rinawan (Posts: 4; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
maybe lumia got 7.8 WP but not 8 wp.. Just UI..