Motorola Edison meets the FCC; device could be AT&T's DROID BIONIC sans LTE
There is one major difference between the Verizon sold Motorola DROID BIONIC and the AT&T bound Motorola Edison. The former has support for Verizon's 4G LTE network while the latter showed no sign of being enabled for LTE in the FCC report. That is not surprising since the carrier only has 5 markets that currently support LTE as we reported. So, any 4G connectivity will be done over the carrier's HSPA+ pipeline.
source: FCC, Ameba (translate) via DroidLife
2. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 12:57 0 0
He would be rolling in his grave...
7. Sniggly posted on 17 Sep 2011, 13:57 2 2
You're right. Edison was too big of a d**k to appreciate something like Android. Apple would be more his style.
9. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 16:07 0 0
I just really don't think Edison would be all that keen on any kind of smartphone, mobile phone, or anything like that... I mean, I'm sure TTY/TTD would be a nice thing for him, but I think he would have felt waaaay too connected to the rest of the world to suit his taste.
13. Mooooo posted on 17 Sep 2011, 16:42 0 0
Edison would of tried to scare everyone into buying the iPhony. No wait that's what also there fans do now. Your right Sniggly Edison would been an iPhony fan. It fits his personality from what we know of him through history perfectly.
20. yo-yo ma (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 20:00 0 0
right, what is the point of 4G on anything but Sprint you'll just use your little 2 gigs that much faster.
25. snowgator posted on 18 Sep 2011, 00:30 0 0
Growing up in Fort Myers Florida where Edison had his winter home and the Community College was named after him, along with the Mall, and a bridge, Old Tommy could do no evil. I am SURE he would have the common sense to start his own mobile company, purchase WeBOS and make a Quad core device from a tin can and some string and it would just fly like an Eagle.....
29. Sniggly posted on 18 Sep 2011, 04:35 0 0
Trouble is, Edison was perhaps a bigger copyright hound than Apple is. The man worked as hard as possible to destroy Tesla when Tesla was right the whole time and his bulls**t over moviemaking patents led directly to the creation of Hollywood, because back then California was far enough away that Edison couldn't bring Hollywood filmmakers to court. He lives today inside Steve Jobs- a man who has made undeniable contributions, but is also a control freak and all around d**k who seeks to destroy the competition by any means necessary.
3. BadAssAbe posted on 17 Sep 2011, 13:07 2 3
yeah Boy, 4G is over rated. Dont need it at all. Just gonna make me run though my 2gigs faster. As long as the phone it is thin, its good enough for me
4. BobbyTaba posted on 17 Sep 2011, 13:37 5 0
I used to think like u until I got my bionic. Its my first lte phone and Lte is soo much brtter. I have unlimited so it works for me. The only bad think is all the bloatware and the crappy motorola keyboard. I miss htc
6. narley posted on 17 Sep 2011, 13:51 3 3
you think its overrated because you've never had a 4g phone....
and if you were smart enough to be on VZW instead of ATT you would probably still have unl instead of limited 3g...
24. xmguy11 (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 22:18 0 1
I HAVE the Bionic. Haven't used the 4G network yet. 1; It's not in my area. 2; 4G IS over rated. For phone's atleast. Until phones can stream HD movies. 3G is really good enough.
5. quakan posted on 17 Sep 2011, 13:46 0 1
I hope that's a case on the back because if not then this phone looks very cheap
11. Forsaken77 posted on 17 Sep 2011, 16:16 0 0
I think it is... can't see the battery-door anywhere.
14. ledbetterp3 posted on 17 Sep 2011, 17:30 0 0
If you read the previous articles about the MB865, one of them states that there is no removable battery, so that explains that.
8. Sniggly posted on 17 Sep 2011, 14:05 4 0
I don't see the point unless they're increasing the screen size or processing power. The Atrix already has everything the Bionic has except for LTE and the bigger screen as well as the higher megapixel camera. It just seems unnecessary.
10. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 16:08 1 1
It is... entirely unnecessary and redundant...
23. Atrix 4g (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 22:06 0 0
Its true this would be a waste. The Atrix is just like the bionic, only no LTE. The screen size is kind of a preference. Plus the Atrix has an Nvidia which means more battery saving and better graphics.
26. snowgator posted on 18 Sep 2011, 00:32 1 0
I agree. The Atrix is a good device. The 4" screen is a nice choice for those who do not want a monster screen. This just needs to be sold as it's own identity.
12. Mooooo posted on 17 Sep 2011, 16:38 1 1
Edison was not a nice guy at all. They should named this phone the Motorola Tesla.
Since Nikola Tesla was way smarter than Edison. AC power is Tesla's doing among so many other things. Read for yourself and compare.
15. ledbetterp3 posted on 17 Sep 2011, 17:32 0 0
No one cares... They chose the name for their own reason, maybe tesla is next in mind, maybe not?
17. ledbetterp3 posted on 17 Sep 2011, 17:37 0 0
So are you guys gonna change the name of the device on your site from Motorola Fuath to Edison? Where did you guys get the name Fuath anyways, I don't see any other site with the name Fuath...
Btw I just checked out the Ameba link in the sources, and it says Motorola Edison is just a code name.
19. edison's ass (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 18:42 0 0
i could see edison putting a light bulb in his mouth and an iphone in his ass! hahaha
21. Mooooo posted on 17 Sep 2011, 20:32 0 0
Tesla could strike him down with any of his inventions
22. InspectorGadget80 posted on 17 Sep 2011, 21:04 0 0
Wish their was a way to trade my oldie Atrix to get the Edison. It's like every phone that comes out makes my Atrix looks and feels old. And he's one of greatest inventors of the 19th century
27. ledbetterp3 posted on 18 Sep 2011, 01:48 0 0
ha dont worry, atrix is still a good phone, dont believe me? look at ubergizmo.com and look at the tests ran, atrix beats bionic in some of the tests, and it also beats the photon in some which is supposed to be the quivalent with a bigger screen and better camera...
28. ledbetterp3 posted on 18 Sep 2011, 01:49 1 0
and if this thing is too expensive, I might actually just get the atrix which is still a good phone to me. Hopefully it gets ICS
30. Mooooo posted on 18 Sep 2011, 11:33 0 0
I almost got the atrix. The only reason that I did not was that suddenly the Nexus S was offered free for one day online and at best buy.