Motorola DROID BIONIC's browser scores high in benchmarking test
Some of Joe's thoughts on the smartphone that is on the tip of many Verizon customer's tongue is that it is light and thin. The start-up is "ridiculously fast". The problem that Motorola DROID 3 users have been having with the lagging camera is gone as the camera opens right away on the DROID BIONIC. He adds that the battery that comes on the phone is 1730mAh and is covered by a plastic back similar to the one on the DROID 3. A 16GB microSD card is pre-installed on the phone which is big in size. Joe compares it to the size of the Samsung Droid Charge.
Not only are we closing in on the expected September 8th launch of the phone, but we are also closing in on the start of the Motorola DROID BIONIC ARena contest. Considering that 16 DROID BIONIC units will be given away, we are pretty sure that you are going to want to make sure that you've installed the app from the Android Market.
From left to right, the Motorola DROID BIONIC's browser beats the stock Android browser on the Google Nexus S in a benchmark battle, the front and side view of your next smartphone?
1. Thump3rDX17 posted on 03 Sep 2011, 20:09 0 0
i guess us Droid 3 users can expect an update to improve the browser and camera apps.
2. ajit pundeer (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 20:10 1 0
4. Droid_X_Doug posted on 03 Sep 2011, 20:22 0 0
I am curious whether the stock browser is still limited to displaying mobile versions of websites or whether it can be configured to ignore the mobile version?
26. remixfa posted on 03 Sep 2011, 23:58 0 0
stock browser is set to android. you can add a custom script to change that or simply download Dolphin HD browser and set it to "desktop".
38. Droid_X_Doug posted on 04 Sep 2011, 11:12 0 0
Yes, there are alternatives to get a desktop view, but they require another application. HTC as an example provides a check box configuration setting on the EVO 3D to set the stock browser to desktop mode. If there is plenty of memory available, loading an aftermarket browser with a larger memory footprint, is not an issue. Earlier handsets which didn't have a lot of available memory were more of a challenge. Thanks for the comment about Dolphin HD. Skyfire is another alternative.
42. remixfa posted on 04 Sep 2011, 14:45 0 0
ive used Dolphin and its desktop view on every android ive had, even the mytouch 3G and Cliq. Never had an issue.
Skyfire is good. I used it a good bit before flash became commonplace. Opera is great if u want it to load uberquickly.
45. tuminatr posted on 04 Sep 2011, 22:55 0 0
I checked the thunderbolt and incredible has a setting in the stock browser mobile view or uncheck for desktop
5. Kevin Archibald (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 20:43 0 0
Beats the Sensation (~40K) in BrowserMark, but not the Exynos-based Galaxy S 2 (~59K) or Gx2 (~55K). Of course, that synthetic test doesn't give us the whole picture for the browser experience.
10. jhgkiu posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:16 1 0
how did the sensation get 40k when my evo 3d only got 35k???
36. Kevin Archibald (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2011, 07:21 1 0
Dunno. GSM Arena did a head-to-head comparison of the Sensation, Galaxy S II, and the Optimus 2x (T-Mobile G2x).http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_se
nsation_vs_galaxy_sii_vs_optimThe author didn't seem to think the Sensation's results were higher than expected, but actually less than expected compared to the competition. "The conclusion to draw from this [varying results of AOS 2.2 vs. 2.3 devices] is that maker customizations can make a big difference." If the author is correct, maybe there are customizations in the Sensation that make it perform better at BrowserMark than the EVO 3D? us_2x-review-608p5.php
6. biophone posted on 03 Sep 2011, 21:27 1 0
Bionic is a beast! To bad it didnt come out earlier i would of bought it. I even named myself biophone.
11. Joshing4fun posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:20 0 0
I always thought your name had to do with the iPhone.
14. biophone posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:41 0 0
No the bionic. I wanted to get it but couldnt wait. I needed a new phone.
16. biophone posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:43 0 0
Yeah i still like the name so not bummed out that it is no longer revalent. I love my iphone anyway.
29. Sniggly posted on 04 Sep 2011, 01:16 0 0
That is why it's best to choose a name that's more...independent. Like mine. :D
I actually chose my name because I wanted something fun, silly and light. Especially since I can be heavy and serious much of the time. :P
35. protozeloz posted on 04 Sep 2011, 06:47 0 0
I know how ya feel. Its why I use this Nick name everywhere. And make sure it's not related with anything t:3
7. Droidprime4life (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 21:49 1 1
Thin?? Hahaha thata a good one
9. Thump3rDX17 posted on 03 Sep 2011, 21:54 0 0
for an LTE phone. standards have lowered again for them.
12. jhgkiu posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:28 0 0
Are wimax radio's smaller than lte radio's because sprint's 4g phones are waaaayyy thinner than Verizon's 4g phones??
17. biophone posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:44 0 0
Yes lte radios are huge. Until next gen comes out.
37. zach44 posted on 04 Sep 2011, 09:33 0 0
Not really look at the tab 10.1 it's 8.6 mm thin with LTE
39. Thump3rDX17 posted on 04 Sep 2011, 12:17 0 0
it's wider. what lacks in one dimension gets made up for in another.
20. jroc74 posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:48 0 0
Well its technically thinner than the Charge...and the Charge is the thinnest LTE phone on Verizon right now.
13. cbx133 (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:33 0 0
Am I missing something? My rooted thunderbolt got 65k on this test.
19. Thump3rDX17 posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:48 1 0
the HTC browser performs better than the stock Android browser i believe
15. Scribed3d posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:42 0 0
To stop (well, greatly reduce how often it happens) an android device from remaining on/defaulting to mobile sites, perform the following:
Open the browser
In the browser bar type in about:bebug then hit enter
You wont see anything happen, but that is ok
Then go to settings
Look for where it says Webpage Option - UAstring. It will have Android, iPhone, Nexus, and Desktop (this isnt always in the same place, but it shouldnt take more than a moment to locate)
Go back to your regular browser, and enjoy.
22. Atrix 4g (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:58 0 0
Wow my atrix just got 52,597. Now what does this say about the bionic? Plus I am not rooted.
27. Thump3rDX17 posted on 03 Sep 2011, 23:59 0 0
they change. i just got 52.922 on my Droid 3 a few moments ago and earlier i got 50k. the Droid 3 and the Droid Bionic are essentially the same phone except the Bionic has more RAM.
23. cbx133 (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 23:33 0 0
Still think this number is disappointing concidering the hardware and flagship status. Guess it shows Android software really isn't ready for dual core. :-)
24. Atrix 4g (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 23:45 0 0
Well, I think its just the phone I did this on my atrix and a dual core phone and it did 52,597.
31. iankellogg posted on 04 Sep 2011, 01:50 0 0
the bezel on this is disturbingly large. For a phone this big having that large of a bezel seems silly.
33. rocky666 (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2011, 05:46 0 0
my gs2 scores 53057 in browser mark
34. rocky666 (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2011, 05:53 0 0
i tried the test on my gs2 4 d 2nd time n got 59231
40. Thump3rDX17 posted on 04 Sep 2011, 12:19 0 0
it's probably like Quadrant where you have to do it three or four times to get the best result. i'll do that and come back later on.
41. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 04 Sep 2011, 14:24 0 1
Verizon is a waste with the Charge and Bionic the best device on Verizon soon will be the HTC VIGOR and DROID PRIME. Those at best will be worth 300dollars not this Bionic. Verizon OVERCHARGES for battery draining devices that are also UNDERSPECED IE..LG REVOLUTION, THUNDERBOLT ETC...Nothing beats the lineup on sprint where the best DUALCORE DEVICES RESIDE...
43. Sprint guy (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2011, 16:29 0 0
Moto Photon hits 53042 got it to 58k I got smart and took at pic at 53042 if anyone wants a pic and thats STOCK non root.... so One+ for the MOPHO
44. Clint (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2011, 20:14 0 0
And my Galaxy S2 gets 46700 in the same benchmark. Stock. Why anyone would want a Bionic??
46. jroc74 posted on 04 Sep 2011, 23:35 0 0
Another guy did their Bionic and it got 53, 000. I ran it on my PC. Interesting results.
Chrome scored higher than Opera, but Opera ran it faster n smoother.
Anandtech and another site mentions how the GS2 does gpu acceleration with some parts of the browser.
Also remember the GS2 is clocked a lil higher now.
What doe all this mean? Benchmarks dont tell the whole story. Like with Quadrant or any benchmark ...just looking at the scores and saying "My piss is better than yours!!!" isnt saying much.
Look into the details of the device and try to get the whole story. Just from running it on my PC with 2 different browsers, its software related too, not just hardware.
47. Mr.Mr.Upgrade posted on 05 Sep 2011, 21:00 1 0
It will be the fastest 4g dual core phone available on the best network, no matter what you people say, is a Toyota better then a Corvette Hellllll no!!!
49. InspectorGadget80 posted on 06 Sep 2011, 10:17 0 0
It evens beat mmy Atrix damn that's a good score. time for me to upgrade a new phone