Motorola DROID 3 set for July 14th launch on Verizon
According to the memo, the Motorola DROID 3 allows for 27% faster multitasking than the Motorola DROID 2 Global while the 4 inch qHD screen has 26% more pixels and graphics are 30% faster than seen on the DROID 2 Global. The memo also talks about scrollable widgets and smart dock technology that remembers the setting from each dock that the phone was plugged in to.
Just yesterday we reported that an upcoming edition of Verizon's Product Guide showed the Motorola DROID 3 and some of the fine specs on the device. Now comes the hard part for Big Red's customers. Do you pick up the third generation DROID model without 4G, or do you wait perhaps as little as 2 weeks longer for the LTE spouting Motorola DROID Bionic?
1. coria791 posted on 02 Jul 2011, 06:51 0 0
Im really excited for the DROID 3 oming out I was really hoping that it will have 4G LTE but or well at least it will have Android 2.3 Gingerbread and a Bigger Camera and 5-row Keybored But when is the DROID BIONIC COMING OUT THIS IS THE LONGEST PHONE I HAVE SENN TAKEN FOR EVER TO COME OUT
4. hmmminteresting (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2011, 12:40 1 1
i wish we would hear more about the galaxy s2.............. so i know what phone to get it
7. mr. droid posted on 02 Jul 2011, 13:57 0 3
I can answer both questions. dont buy a samsung or a motorola. both are junk. nothing but terrible experiences with both from me and on many different units also.
10. Thump3rDX17 posted on 02 Jul 2011, 14:24 0 0
what HAVE you had a good experience with mr. droid?
14. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 02 Jul 2011, 15:42 0 0
How can you have the name "Mr. Droid" and hate Motorola. Motorola is what made the original Droid and yet you think they are junk.
You can't judge Samsung or Motorola by one phone. Sure they both released crappy phones before, every single one of them has.
24. hike (unregistered) posted on 04 Jul 2011, 19:36 0 1
Technically the first android was by HTC, but yes the original "Droid" was by Motorola. The Droid name was their marketing, and it was a great way to attract people to the phone.
5. Su-Rio posted on 02 Jul 2011, 12:55 0 3
it looks like they just put minor upgrades to the droid 2, made it slide farther to add the number row, took droid x camera and processor specs, not exact copies, and put into the droid 2... and if its not 4g, then it would be a waste... id rather get the bionic, dont need a qwerty keyboard with small buttons... or even the photon 4g for its world capabilities
6. mr. droid posted on 02 Jul 2011, 13:55 0 2
bionic has also been said that it is not an LTE phone. I wont buy another motorola phone personally after how lousy they have been proving to be, i wish they would make an HTC phone with a slide out keyboard on it for VZW
8. Thump3rDX17 posted on 02 Jul 2011, 14:23 2 0
the Bionic without LTE? you sure you're not thinking about the Droid X2? :P
15. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 02 Jul 2011, 15:43 1 0
Yea uhh pretty sure Verizon has gone on and on about how the Bionic is going to be the FIRST LTE DUAL CORE PROCESSOR PHONE ON THE MARKET.
9. doubleD posted on 02 Jul 2011, 14:23 0 0
What problems exactly have you had that made it a "lousy" experience for you? I am buying a phone this month and would like as much info as possible.
22. CRICKETownz posted on 03 Jul 2011, 23:38 0 0
They were probably the cause of the "lousy" experience. I've had both Motorola & Samsung and both worked flawlessly. If you take care of your s**t...it will work, plain & simple.
11. testman22 posted on 02 Jul 2011, 14:26 3 0
Yea because the htc phones have been so reliable... oh wait...
25. brikz4real posted on 04 Jul 2011, 20:16 0 0
@mr droid.... You've have a bad experience with a manufacturer and you dismiss it as "junk"? Are you kidding? If I had a dollar for every person who tells me, "I've heard this phone is no good because 'so and so' said so", I would be a rich man. And by the way, HTC makes the Merge for Verizon; slide-out keyboard and all. It's not 4G but is has the keyboard you wish for. Check the website and 3rd Party resellers.
12. AZCorvette (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2011, 15:10 0 0
If "direct fulfillment" orders ship on July 7th, when will I be able to order it online or over the phone?
16. Thump3rDX17 posted on 02 Jul 2011, 19:12 0 0
July 7th. it'll be available in stores on the 14th.
13. Eddy (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2011, 15:22 0 3
is it safe to say that Motorola don't care about GSM users?
it seems all the good Motorola phones go to VZW.
17. allaboutandroid (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2011, 19:30 0 0
but what about the samsung galaxy s2?????
19. theo14461 posted on 02 Jul 2011, 22:14 0 0
Do like I did, go to Mobilecityonline and buy it.
20. hollywood71 posted on 02 Jul 2011, 23:11 1 0
only if you're on a GSM network like AT&T, etc
18. Me (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2011, 21:50 1 0
Tried the total touchscreen phones, I prefer my keyboard. I REALLY like this keyboard w/ dedicated number keys. Got an early upgrade coming, and plan on using it for this. Looks like a great phone.
21. OriginalMotoDroid (unregistered) posted on 03 Jul 2011, 02:31 0 0
I really love having a physical keyboard and I really don't like typing on all touch screen, but with this great phone coming out with out 4G LTE on it, I am going to have to say no and wait for the Droid Bionic and take my chances.