Lotus Glass by Corning and Japanese non-reflective glass to herald a new era in outdoor visibility
1. kamen (Posts: 86; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
Geee. Poor we - who's gonna clean all this glass :)
2. bananakid (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Their glassy near future missed out a large market - displays in (eye)glasses!
3. fanesxx (Posts: 74; Member since: 19 May 2011)
dude cooking and no sex, that ain't my ihouse
4. remyrz (Posts: 193; Member since: 28 Oct 2010)
......... ............... ............ ..... I better start working and earn some money.. -__-'
5. Sniggly (Posts: 7230; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I grew up close to Corning. From the sleepy little town it's based in, you'd never guess at the world changing tech the company has put out, but it does just that. :)
7. remixfa (Posts: 14253; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that is aweeesome.. lol
now i know why im in college studying all this med.. to buy all that crap!! lol
8. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Powered by Android lol I kid. Amazing video tho.. And to think this is pretty close to possible.
9. remixfa (Posts: 14253; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
a lot of this stuff was done by microsoft a good few years ago when they were doing their "house of the future" stuff. What's even better than cornings glass wall panel tv? MS's electronic paint that makes the whole wall the TV. :) They took quite a few cues from MS ideas. Nothing wrong with that though as its still awesome.. and we are still waiting for commercial use of any of it.. lol.
10. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Good stuff. Things just keep getting better. What an era we live in, where tech just keeps evolving for the better =)
11. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
wow incredible. who will be the first to push this tech. im guessing samsung
12. elite monkey (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
i have that sort of thing on my glasses... its actually works there's a very stark difference
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I think that's what people used for the iPhone 5 rumor, the similarity is incredible, my guess the render was based on this one
14. evo-ninja (Posts: 31; Member since: 23 May 2011)
you have to admit, the frigerator was tight
15. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
farenheit 451 anyone? anyway, hopefully my next upgrade will have this glass. i think this ultra clear glass opens up more possibilities for the clear solar panels that were shown off at CTIA. more sunlight gets through so more energy is absorbed and less energy used by the backlight. cool.
16. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
i watched this commercial, like 4 months ago ..
and man it seems like its getting closer! i want a car with that kinda tech the phone and the damn room! the rest can just wait! i like to cook in a kitchen :/