Lawsuit in Korea: LG countersues Samsung for infringing on OLED patents
More specifically, LG has found out that Samsung has infringed on seven of its patents with the following devices: Galaxy S III, Galaxy S II HD, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S II and Galaxy Tab 7.7. One of the seven patents is said to deal with LG's "Narrow Bezel" technology. LG will try to take home about $6.26 million after the end of the case.
Here's an official statement by LG regarding the matter:
Well, what do you know, it looks like not only Apple knows how to make love in the courtroom.
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE APPLE!!!
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1200; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The patent wars will never end since apple started it all...
14. zuludthunder (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
these patent battles r nothing but just another revolutionary INNOVATION by apple...where in the world nobody knew how to show their grudge towards the increasing competition apple taught them that patent battles r the way to go...LOL
2. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 149; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
oh FFS - who else is sick of this litigation crap?
3. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow... no more one korea!
so war freaks.. stop this nonesense now!
6. StephenGal0p (banned) (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Oh coz no one wants to work with Samdog, they are known for copying.
9. cheetah2k (Posts: 727; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Samsung is using OLED screens? I thought they were AMOLED..
And since when have LG produced a phone using their own technology? Their own phones are predominantly IPS LCD's...
Oh well. Good luck sammy
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
stop taking sides. LG and sammy should both stop.
there is no point in rumbling in one's own Android backyard :)
21. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
AMOLED it is OLED with AM... i really dont know what the meaning of that but samsung did something to OLED!
4. frydaexiii (Posts: 1144; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
And this is why we can never get the perfect phone, one company makes this phone which has something I like, another company makes another phone with something else I like, but can never be put together because of this s**t...
5. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
C'mon Samsung don't be like Apple you suppose to be better than that.
16. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Samsung didn't violate anything, they have the right to sue because they've invented OLED, besides L.G. contersued *not related to OLED but Narrow Bezel lol, this sounds familiar with the rounded rectangles+Apple :}
19. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
im pretty sure it was Sony not Samsung
7. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
You know what...don't even care anymore, it's too much. I'm officially consumed with apathy regarding tech giants and lawsuits.
10. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
oh come now boys let's keep it in the family. Stop the fighting.
I am sure we can sit and settle our differences rather than behave like uncivilized Rotten Apples!
12. doejon (Posts: 289; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
LG obviously has stolen the oled technolgie from samsung...
that has nothing to do with rounded corners...
13. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
LG fights back because they don't want Samsung pushing them around.
15. mukrenol (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
well... think about it... LG will have apple's full support... as they are the suppliers for apple now
wait til apple sues LG then they will get it... -___-
22. predator93 (Posts: 118; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
LG and Samsung 's lawsuits has nothing to do with Apple, They both have been suing each other before apple even made their first ipod.
20. taz89 (Posts: 1899; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Lol narrow bezel that's patentable now too...