LG releases schedule for Jelly Bean updates
The update aims to duplicate the UI on the LG Optimus G and includes all of the special features seen on that beast including the split-screen capabilities of Q Slide. Touchscreen response is greatly improved with the update as is the UX with the web browser and other applications. The LG Optimus G is expected to be updated to Android 4.1 itself, in December.
These are the only devices covered by LG's release, and we would imagine that this schedule is really aimed at LG smartphone owners in Korea. The fact that the release was in Korean sort of gives that away. Besides, in the states, the carriers have much more say over when the update will be released. Some are even known for their OCD-like behavior toward testing the updates before flashing the green light to proceed. We won't mention any names. Instead, we will stare at the Verizon logo and whistle. Drats! You got it out of us!
source: LG (translated) via AndroidCentral
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
2. simonfrady (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Dec 2011)
D*mn you LG. PROMISE AGAIN ?..
where is ICS for Optimus 2x, optimus 3D, Optimus black ?..
14. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
They will probably be updated to 4.2 directly! LoL
16. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
Already uodated for optimus 2x in korea and optimus 3d and optimus black already has leaked rom in korea.
25. smoke666 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 May 2013)
done in egypt too .i have 2 LG's in ICS now . pretty stable and fast .
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
this is nice and cant complain cuz LG is really doing good! But i must say the LG optimus G should no doubt, SHIP WITH JELLYBEAN....
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Don't get too excited... It is only for Koreans...
We have yet to see in US :)
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
only for koreans eh? who says we cant have one if we want one?
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lol I mean the jb update zzzz
9. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
there's no way the koreans only will get the jellybean update and not us wendy lol they may get it first but i highly doubt they will be the only ones to get it
17. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
This anouncement is only for korean market. No L7 in korea
8. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
poor 4x hd. not even in the preliminary list.
15. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I read some random comment a while back regarding the tegra2 processors lay out of some sort to be one that is holding back updates ( I forgot the details), could it be that thesame reason applies to the Tegra3 devices?
19. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
This anouncement is only for korean market. No Optimus 4x HD in korea
20. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
This anouncement is only for korean market. No L9 in korea
11. Chuck.Norris (unregistered)
Expect to stay on the same firmware to when you bought the phone, LG can not tell the difference between fridges and Mobile phones hence the lack of software updates. It's a pity as the build quality is good just the software is bad, How do I know you may ask? I am an owner of the O3D. still waiting for the Ice cream update never mind the Jelly Beans.
12. redmd (Posts: 1109; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
just get the LG nexus and stop complaining.
13. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
Optimus 4X HD not in the list?!?
I imagine that, IF LG decides to update it to JB, that would be Q4 2013!!!
This is pure cr@p. I feel cheated by LG once again.
18. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
This anouncement is only for korean market. No Optimus 4X hd in korea but optimus lte2
21. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
Yeah, which LTE2 has totally different specs than 4X.
22. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
Oh! Yeah... i thought 4x was snapdragon...