LG breaks the 500ppi barrier with the Isai FL: the first brand-name phone with a 5.5" Quad HD display hints about the G3
1. Jishnusur (Posts: 73; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
I always knew that Qhd wont consume more power infact lesser. When 1080P devices were launched, people said they will suffer from poor battery life but again they had much better battery life.
In one Sentence : Lg know what they doing and they are masters in making LCD displays.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Good news since I prefer LCD over OLED. :)
22. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Oled gives and produces much better purity clear plasma
But longevity is short than Lcd
30. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I love your Avatar what an epic
13. Lifengineer (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Are you the guy that makes a modified Camera on XDA? :-D
21. wargreymon (Posts: 345; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
The only "bad" thing for QHD is the GPU has to work more to push the pixels, but that should only be noticeable in very intense games. And as far as I know, no game pushes SD 800 with a 1080p to the brink of lag. Maybe in 2-3 years it will be a bottle neck.
28. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Your argument is invalid. They do consume more power, more pixels require more power and more rendering from the GPU. So the only thing that has improved battery life has actually been increasing the battery capacity and improve the power consumption of the GPU and CPU. Of course there are technologies that make the displays not consume so much power but Qhd still uses more power than Full hd. The main difference has been the increase in battery capacity allowed by the increasing size of smartphones.
42. refillable (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Invalid? He's trying to tell us that we shouldn't worry about the battery. He had never stated that the new QHD LG Panel will consume less power.
46. mattkl (Posts: 189; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
"I always knew that Qhd wont consume more power infact lesser."
He did state incorrectly that it would consume less power. It's hard to read.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Mamamia! That thin bezel is just insane. Bring it on, LG!
10. vincelongman (Posts: 2381; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
But whys the bottom bezel still big?
IMO that's the worst bezel as it means you the top of the screen is further away
Hopefully on the G3, both the top and bottom bezel are small, instead of top being tiny and bottom being big
Still good on LG for making it only 145 x 76 x 10.5 mm!
14. anGel_pLayer (Posts: 52; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
I think top and bottom bezels would be helpful when using the phone in landscape... It disrupts the beauty though.... Well, we can't have everything can we?...
26. vincelongman (Posts: 2381; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Agreed, but I think it would look better if they evened out the top and bottom bezels and made them symmetrical (i.e. both small, instead of one tiny and one big)
I guess its just personal preference
29. BReND0 (Posts: 70; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
There will always be a big bezel somewhere on phones. They all still have speakers. Headphone jacks. Charging plugs. Capacitive sensors with front facing cams All those are still big pieces of hardware. You cant have the best/biggest camera with zoom and ois and be thin. Cant have edge to edge no bezels and not be able to charge it( unless wireless charging becomes standard to eliminate the plug, but then not everyone can get wifi). So i honestly feel unless we sacrifice certain parts and plugs. Or innovations are made You will at least always have one big bezel
39. McLTE (Posts: 741; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
The offset bezel here gives you a reference for the top and bottom of the phone. If it was perfectly centered, I bet you'd find yourself frequently grabbing your phone upside down.
I don't mind this.. makes my Note 2 look like it has ultra fat bezels! lol
Very nice looking phone!
23. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Looks nice and it's wider than every other phones like the Nexus4
3. limporgyuk (Posts: 243; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Looks pretty nice, as does the Xperia ZL2 which I have also seen today.
4. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
6. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1489; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
top bezel is thin wonder where the front cam will be.
9. sriuslywtf (Posts: 293; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Wow.. Waterproof? I thought you need thick bezel to accommodate water proofing.
Suck on that Sony and Samsung S5!.
25. kobainez (Posts: 344; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Suck on u. Sony has bigger camera sensor and stereo speakers unlike this sh1t.
11. gigaraga (Posts: 1417; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
The device simply looks breathtaking. It's amazing. I might actually go for this rather than the S5 Prime...but the Note 4 would probably still take my first pick.
12. mmmanuuu (Posts: 298; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Sammy guys just dropped their jaws ! On the friggin floor !!!!!
33. robert26101 (Posts: 102; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
Nope no jaw drop here. That G3 looks like a brick and not to mention LGs ugly UI.
15. mianhae445 (Posts: 9; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
It's the Isai FL! Front facing camera's apparently at the bottom
16. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
LG has The Worst android UI. it is super ugly, samsungish and annoying. They really need to sort it out, try to keep it as stock as possible or just make it a clean UI like xperia or sense. Their hardware is always beastly tho.
17. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 883; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Bring me QHD with Super AMOLED, that will make me happy.
That said, well done LG, it's your move now Samsung!
18. SonyPS4 (Posts: 291; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Why Japan always got different model than rest of world ? Even from Korean manufacturer. Galaxy J and now this one. Even HTC Butterfly originally Japan only model before other country got it too.
24. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
In Japan and Korea the S4 has a S800 Cpu and the rest of the world has the weak S600
20. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2016; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
This phone blows SGSS5 out of tha water
31. robert26101 (Posts: 102; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
That may be true but I bet LG doesn't even sell nearly as many G3 as Samsungs S5.
38. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3384; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This is gonna be something new from LG design wise.
40. mokhtar (Posts: 343; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
yes but wait .. 5.5 is too big .. next lg g4 .. 6 inch ? pfff
45. jimbo1mcm (Posts: 23; Member since: 07 May 2014)
Moving from the 4inch Iphone 5S screen to the G2 5.2 inch screen took me 4.9 seconds to adjust to the larger size. Moving from the G2 to the G3 will take me about 1 second. Once you go bigger ( with better resolution ) you don't go back.
47. DisCHORD (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
Wow. This screen is the best I've seen on a phone. It meets the 100% rgb color reproduction?? That's great. Not many companies have done that as of late. Its all been about PPI. Now LG is doing Both!!