Updated: LG VX9100 and VX8610 coming to Verizon

Posted: , by PhoneArena Team

This article contains unofficial information.

Updated: LG VX9100 and VX8610 coming to Verizon
***Updated with themes info

Today we received information from one of our sources regarding two new LG phones that will be making their way to Verizon in the upcoming months.

The VX9100, which will replace the VX9900 enV, has a more streamlined appearance and is slightly thinner, since there is no "camera hump" on the back. The front features a newly designed dialpad with larger buttons than on the enV, as well as replacing the standard 5-way navigational d-pad with more simplistic Up & Down arrow buttons. There still is a small display located at the top. Opening up the VX9100 reveals a better designed QWERTY keypad, along with a standard QVGA display and stereo speakers. Other features include a 2MP Camera, microSD card slot, and microUSB port.

LG VX9100 Preliminary specifications

Updated: LG VX9100 and VX8610 coming to Verizon
Updated: LG VX9100 and VX8610 coming to Verizon

LG VX9100
LG VX9100
LG VX9100

LG VX9100

The VX8610, which will probably replace the VX8550 Chocolate, is a slider style phone with a new look. The touch-sensitive buttons are now replaced with 4 standard buttons that surround a new trackball d-pad (similar the ball used on BlackBerry devices). Sliding the phone open and close works just like the Chocolate and Venus. However, turning the VX8610 over will reveal its most interesting feature: a built-in removable Bluetooth earpiece. This is the first Verizon phone that incorporates a removable BT earpiece, so we are sure it will be one of its biggest selling points. Other features include a QVGA display, 2MP Camera, microSD card slot, and microUSB port.

LG VX8610 Preliminary specifications

LG VX8610
LG VX8610
LG VX8610
LG VX8610
LG VX8610
LG VX8610

LG VX8610

Themes included on the VX9100 and VX8610 include Classic, SlickBlack, LG Theme 1, and LG Theme 2.

Unfortunately, both devices still use the standard WAP browser, which leaves the Voyager the only non-smartphone with an HTML
browser.We expect Verizon to release the VX9100 and VX8610 by the end of Q2.

Themes
Themes
Themes
Themes
Themes

Themes

posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:41

1. vzw guy (unregistered)

Just an FYI, this VX8610 is not a replacement for the Chocolate VX8550 >> The Chocolate "3" will be out in the third quarter most likely and is a pretty different than the exsisting design. But as always ths Chocolate is all about the music, where this is much more aimed at a different crowd.

posted on 14 Feb 2008, 11:34

2. Gib (unregistered)

Wasn't the Voyager supposed to replace the Env?

posted on 14 Feb 2008, 11:40

3. Gib (unregistered)

That looks like a stanard bluetooth headset. But im gonna assume its special and can play music into your one ear...?

posted on 14 Feb 2008, 14:27

4. steviecrackberry (unregistered)

LG VX, ENV, Chocolate More garbage...

posted on 14 Feb 2008, 14:48

5. Matt (unregistered)

That definitely won't be the EnV replacement because it doesn't look anywhere as good. And plus it has almost the same stuff as the Voyager except without the touch screen. I just know that the VX9100 won't sell that well because it doesn't look good at all. LIke the EnV looks sleek and sexy and this thing looks boxy.

posted on 14 Feb 2008, 16:21

6. Sean (unregistered)

I have an enV and while I don;t mind its looks, I would NEVER go as far as calling it sexy... EVER! The 9100 isn't all that sexy either, but if it doesn't sell as well as the enV, it definitely won;t be because of looks. BTW, the 8610 looks cheap as hell.

posted on 14 Feb 2008, 19:23

7. Matt (unregistered)

Okay, maybe not sexy, but sleek can definitely describe it. I mean all the sides and corners are rounded off. And plus how come every other high schooler has it then? And I know the keyboard has a factor, but the sleekness is a factor.

posted on 14 Feb 2008, 20:59

8. T-Money3000 (unregistered)

The phones look promising. I'm quite impressed that they look fairly sleek. I like the fact that its better than the enV and chocolate but not as crazy/insane as the Voyager or Venus.

posted on 14 Feb 2008, 21:03

9. Paperst (unregistered)

I believe the 9100 will do better than the enV. So many people like the enV for it's keyboard but hate the behemoth size of it. To quote what it reads above in the details of the device: "Opening up the VX9100 reveals a better designed QWERTY keypad". I hope this proves true.

posted on 14 Feb 2008, 23:32

I think this kinda looks like the smartphone that was presented at the gsma event coincidence?

posted on 14 Feb 2008, 23:44

11. lou (unregistered)

If you look at the themes you will notice the different icons at the top of the phone. Most of them seem normal but there was one icon on all the themes that I have never seen before. It's an arrow pointing down with colorful lines behind it. It seems to me like it's some sort of downloading app. or maybe it's just a new Get It Now Icon. :/ Does anyone know?

posted on 15 Feb 2008, 00:39

12. micah (unregistered)

I just got the enV as it was free. I hope the new 9100 will be MUCH thinner and lighter. The buttons are easily pushed when it's in my pocket which is not a good thing! The front buttons are also hard to push correctly i.e. when I try to push the down button I will accidentally push clear as well. They have a lot of work to do.

posted on 31 May 2008, 13:27

34. jl (unregistered)

You can turn on your keyguard for the keypad in settings & tools. No more pocket dialing. Hit the keys with fingernail instead of the finger....it works.

posted on 02 Jun 2008, 22:19

36. SOmbody (unregistered)

Yeah, but its a pointless and poorly designed key guard because all you need to do to unlock it is press "OK". If you own this phone you know that just by mashing the front keys it will eventually unlock. The best solution is to just put on a 4 character password. That sucks though we shouldn't have to do that. This could be fixed with a simple software update too...

posted on 15 Feb 2008, 03:09

13. AZ (unregistered)

This will be a very popular phone. Any phone that has a qwerty keyboard will sell and for people who cant afford the voyager this will be a good secondary option.

posted on 15 Feb 2008, 10:25

14. verizon insider (unregistered)

Via a meeting with LG these 2 phones will be out in April or May. They are replacing both the EnV9900 and the Chocolate8550. The Venus and Voyager will actually be revisited in the 4th quarter with new releases of both phones before either thanksgiving or christmas. The Prada will also be released in the 4th quarter although the name will be changed to something else. That is the line up for the rest of the year for LG at least on the verizon side according to them.

posted on 17 Feb 2008, 10:48

15. Eli (unregistered)

I noticed the get it now icon too. It's different, I wonder if get it now is getting a redesign?? I think the vx9100 is extremely "sexy." I love the look of it, If I have the money I will def put it down to get it. IMO it's def. better looking than the env and voyager.

posted on 17 Feb 2008, 20:33

The Razr2 also has HTML browsing and it's not a smartphone.

posted on 18 Feb 2008, 02:36

The Razr2 V9m that is sold by Verizon does not have an HTML browser. I think its only the GSM V8 version that has the HTML.

posted on 18 Feb 2008, 17:20

18. steviecrackberry (unregistered)

yup, another example on how vzw phones are garbage

posted on 18 Feb 2008, 19:02

19. vz in pc fl (unregistered)

It's obvious that steviecrackberry has the hots for ATT;that's ok-not everybody really deserves to be a VZW customer.The Ads say it best-the best phones get even better on th Nation's Best Most Reliable Wireless Network. WHO CARES how cool (can you hear Beavis?) your phones 'look' if they are relying on inferior and outdated networks?Apple iPhone is a great example-cool device that was released in 2007(not 1997) and it wasn't even 3G-maybe later-but worst of all it was on ATT?Steve definitely got the better end of the deal, because now you can get the same Wi-Fi enabled capbilities on the iPod Touch w/o the crappy little phone shoved in it!Apple good/ATT not good.

posted on 18 Feb 2008, 20:52

"Vz in pc fl" you hit the nail on the head. Verizon has the best phones, and the best network. The iphone is a cool device, but operates on a prehistoric data network. It's like a 4 cylinder mustang. Any criticism of the 9900 is foolish as well...every high schooler out there has it because Verizon & LG had the foresight to make such a feature packed phone affordable to the masses.

posted on 20 Feb 2008, 18:46

21. vzwemp (unregistered)

I was talking to our LG rep today as he came into check on things. I was poking fun of the new 9100 (because its damn ugly), and he let me in on a little secret. That is not the real face of the ENV replacement. He was pretty adamant that I/we would be much happier with the real upgrade, not the pics on the spysite.coms... we'll see if hes lying soon enough though! of course, he gave me lots of kool swag so ill take him at his word! :D

posted on 23 Feb 2008, 19:38

22. kb (unregistered)

I have to admit I do like the 8610 its a nice looking clean phone. The fact that it will have a BT headset built in rocks because I always misplace the one that I have. I really hope they change the keypad design of both of these handset, but since both of these are prototypes a lot can change between now and launch..

posted on 09 Mar 2008, 10:03

23. aaron Lentz (unregistered)

how much with the LG vx9100 cost

posted on 12 Mar 2008, 18:17

24. sinfulta (unregistered)

At or similar to launch, there will be a Maroon color similar to the 8350 currently available. So look for Black and Maroon at or around launch.

posted on 14 Mar 2008, 09:46

25. VZW_Emp (unregistered)

The arrow that is pointing down with the colorful lines behind it is the icon for "Media Center." It is jus a new name/look for Get It Now!

posted on 19 Mar 2008, 17:28

26. John (unregistered)

vzw phonez r daa bestt phonesz u can gett..soo stfu...nd btw..da new enV doesntt look soo hott but it looksxz iightt..i got da voyagerr...nd isz nicee....

posted on 20 Mar 2008, 23:25

idk, the 9100 is a little better since its smaller. the env still looks like a better buy, it just looks like a phone with more quality. the env just needs more colors for females. forest green? come on now. can we get a pink red or teaL?

posted on 04 Apr 2008, 15:46

28. anonymous (unregistered)

#19....stfu.....you dont know anithing bout phonesz so stfu! #20 isz rite

posted on 06 Apr 2008, 22:04

29. Mario (unregistered)

I haven't been let in on all the details yet, but VZW is moving away from GIN. They are debutting the new setup in the VX9100, and the media portion wil be called Media Center. I am not sure what the other sections will be called yet.

posted on 01 May 2008, 16:36

30. Phone Geek (unregistered)

Actually have the phone in my hand as we blog (VX8610)....this thing rules. Very sleek, very clean. Blue built in is pretty damn cool. Charges at the same time the phone does. Not cheaply made at all. LG does it again. I guess you could have one of those crap iWishPhone. Good luck on the AT&T network. More Bars? You mean, we make our phones look like they have more bars...

posted on 14 May 2008, 20:47

how did you get the VX8610 so early. i would like to know cause i think this i s the best phone ever. if you could email be about information on getting the phone i would LOVE to know.

posted on 23 May 2008, 17:13

32. enV2 user (unregistered)

I perfer the enV2 b/c it fits easily in my pocket. Voyager had a bit more functionality but failed the pocket test. vx9100 is a nice compact everyday messaging phone. For more advanced features I rely on my Treo

posted on 28 May 2008, 19:43

How come the LG VX8610 Decoy is appearing in different colors. There is this black one that has a similar finish as the previous chocolates and then there is one where the front is a dull matte gray and the back is blue. Which one is the real one, or will they both be released?

posted on 31 May 2008, 20:43

was just reading the post and someone said that the vx9100 wont sell, we have been selling them like crazy here at Verizon. for the price u are the best phone on the Verizon network. looks like u were wrong......dumb ass!!