LG Prada K2 appears in 10 second video
Like the LG Prada and the LG Prada II, it is expected that the LG Prada K2 will not be available in the States. The device will be thin, coming in at less than 9mm thin. It will be a stylish device, as you would expect from any item with the Prada name on it. While the first 2 versions of the LG Prada offered a touchscreen and some decent features, both models were handicapped by not being a smartphone. With the LG Prada K2, not only is the hardware much improved, but with Android Gingerbread on board, so is the software.
source: Pocketnow via AndroidCentral
1. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 08 Aug 2011, 22:22 9 5
Finally the rebirth of the FIRST TOUCH SCREEN PHONE MADE. Suck on that Apple and isheep.
4. christianqwerty posted on 08 Aug 2011, 23:35 6 4
Really? you had to bring apple into an LG article? Quit trying to get attention.
5. Addam (unregistered) posted on 08 Aug 2011, 23:49 4 2
yet rory has an iphone...
8. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 09 Aug 2011, 02:04 4 4
Had* lol and I can bring up whatever I damn well feel like it.
2. luis_lopez_351 posted on 08 Aug 2011, 22:30 4 0
"a high-end device that is related to the first capacitive touchscreen handset, the LG Prada."'
13. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Aug 2011, 04:59 3 2
Yeah, apple did not make the first capacitive touchscreen.
LG should sue apple for copying.
3. Thump3rDX17 posted on 08 Aug 2011, 23:00 2 1
LG sure can make beautiful handsets when they put their minds to it. they could give HTC a run for their money if they brought these kinds of handsets state side.
thumbs up everyone who remembers how smexy their BL line was. ;D
6. gallitoking posted on 09 Aug 2011, 00:05 2 1
wow the originator is making a comeback.... welcome backkkk
7. jtype (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2011, 01:57 2 2
if this made it to the states the bulkier variants would have 4 ridiculous sounding names such as photon, hercules, super epic touch, cosmic laser beam, etc... it is better that these phones stay unlocked and true to form and not molested by us carriers.
9. Lwazi_N posted on 09 Aug 2011, 02:43 2 1
LG cannot be denied that credit. They revolutionized the mobile space with the release of the original Prada. And Rory can bring up Apple because they copied the Prada and made the first iPhone. Yet Apple have the nerve of suing Samsung for "copying their designs".
10. LightBulb (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2011, 03:03 2 1
Here's an idea, LG should sue Apple back and they can make money off royalty payments just like Microsoft.
12. CivicSi89 posted on 09 Aug 2011, 04:45 4 1
Nah. LG isnt petty like Apple. They would rather compete.
14. PhoneArenaUser posted on 09 Aug 2011, 06:44 1 1
Yes, seems that LG Prada K2 will be a good device and looks not bad.
Also LG's NOVA display is the best of LCD for mobile devices.
I just wish that front-facing camera would be 2MP instead of 1.3MP.
Talking about Apple and LG:
"Apple Sued over Fast Booting in OS X with a Patent linked to LG Electronics"
15. Lwazi_N posted on 09 Aug 2011, 18:33 1 0
Lol, PAU, I like this! I hope they get sued for quite a hefty amount. $10 would be a real nice figure for every OS X gadget sold.
I still have my 2007 S.E P1i- I was surprised to find out Apple owns the idea of "tapping on a number appearing on a touchscreen and getting an option of calling/sms/mms'ing that number". Mind you, the P1i was released before the iPhoney. Why don't S.E sue them or vicar versa???