LG Optimus G2 could be the first phone with 3GB of RAM for better multitasking
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1298; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
how much ram is "Enough " for android devices?
5. Jason2k13 (Posts: 626; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
aslong as the phone is the same price or less than the rest of the competition, then give me more ram anyday!
12. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Because arm SoCs are 32-bit right now and that means that they can´t use more than 3 GB RAM.
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5536; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the G2 is shaping up to be a pretty beast phone. o:
6. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 765; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
If LG could just get more refinement in their execution of their devices, they'd be right up there with Samsung. LG are almost always the 1st to bring some awesome HW, and their latest phones are really good. I used a Optimus G earlier this year in an LG shop, nothing short of an amazing experience and their UI isn't that bad. :)
10. alterecho (Posts: 1051; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
LG Optimus G is a stunning phone. The crystal reflections on the back is simply gorgeous. Too bad it had some cracking issues. I didn't find their UI to be the best though. Better than Samsung, touch Wiz though.
The best UI i consider now is Sony's Xperia Timescape UI.
7. FlushGordon (unregistered)
As if average users will notice the difference duh
13. ajac09 (Posts: 1337; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
oh they will when they dont close apps and notice they can keep more open without it causing issues
8. boosook (Posts: 893; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
nice, but I have to say that on my nexus7 I almost always have 300MB of free ram with 1GB total, so I guess that users won't notice much difference between 2 and 3, though it might be useful in the future.
9. Lyngdoh (Posts: 221; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
LG's always 1st to upgrade but there's hardly anybody who cares.
11. supa_dupa (Posts: 44; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Come on...we need at least 4GB RAM for Angry Birds...
15. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I'm more concern in a revolution of battery life