Jolla to announce its first Sailfish OS smartphone on May 20, posts teaser video
Jolla is a new smartphone company founded by ex-Nokia employees, who decided to take MeeGo and develop their own user interface, or user experience, if you will, and start making smartphones. So they've obviously been working pretty hard these last few months, because the company has just announced that they will introduce their first Sailfish OS (that's how they call their adaptation of MeeGo) smartphone in less than a week - on May 20.
Jolla has made this announcement using the artsy teaser video that you can find below. The video finishes with the words "I am the other half. All will be revealed on 20th of May." We presume that the first sentence is a reference to "hardware," which is the other half of "software." We think so because Jolla has already introduced its MeeGo-based Sailfish OS. A video showing us a glimpse of Sailfish OS can also be found under the new teaser video below.
1. Samsomesh (Posts: 185; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Good luck to them... That's great we can see a new OS here... I hope they do better than bb.. They can..
2. android-jamaica (Posts: 4; Member since: 13 May 2013)
we need it running on other phones, not just jolla!
3. Daftama (Posts: 598; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
It would be really sad if they better than BB..I see them dying quicker than starting
4. Daftama (Posts: 598; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
The problem with consumers is is that tbey are hooked on ios and os anything else
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wish all the best to you, Jolla! Good luck!
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Very excited to see what they have in store for us
9. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I wish in the future companies would sell the mobiles with the freedom of choosing our own os