How to control your TV with your phone if it doesn't have a built-in IR blaster
How to control your TV, AC or home stereo with your phone if you don't have an IR blaster
1. TheNeighbor (Posts: 101; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Pretty much enjoying the benefits of having the Note 3 to remote the airconditioning, TV and projector where I live and work.
They are useful.
8. sarb009 (Posts: 293; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
How about using just one remote (phone) instead of using various remotes for TV, ac, setup box etc etc ?
10. Sauce (unregistered)
I'd rather use the actual remote my 80 inch T.V. came with. More options. Simpler. Less annoying. Physical buttons.
12. jroc74 (Posts: 4931; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Yea...with physical buttons...I can use most of the remote without looking at it.
Cant really do that with a touch screen.
4. shuaibhere (Posts: 1516; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
"so there is a
chance you can start annoying your
sister by lowering the volume of that
Best part of article...lol...
5. bachir8k (Posts: 95; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
How to control your TV with your phone if it doesn't have a built-in IR blaster?
mmm, buy a new phone with IR blaster...
7. tasior (Posts: 220; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
That's why I like Sony. They don't particularly boast about it, but their TVs can be operated by any Android device, with their app. They communicate via wifi...
15. Scott93274 (Posts: 1168; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I'm not particularly a big fan of Sony, but you would think that all modern TVs would be able to do this already.
9. walnuttt (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
jeez, I'd rather buy a phone that has built in IR Blaster than using these paid devices that will cost you extra dollars and on the other hand it is annoying using those. Just my opinion.
14. maxmppower (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
IR Blaster is one of the coolest features for phones nowadays. Half the time I can't find my remote, but damn if I can't find my phone.