HTC teases dual rear camera on The All New HTC One
This would seem to be a reference to the dual rear-facing cameras on the HTC One sequel. With the two cameras on back, pictures are expected to show a better depth of field, improved focusing and an overall bump up in quality.
Yesterday, we showed you a video of the device that was taken by a young kid named Roshan Jamkatel, who didn't have the legal clearance to video the handset. Jamkatel was given a tweeted rebuke by HTC's Jeff Gordon who promised that the young man would be having a very bad week ahead.
2. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I'm really curious to see how the camera is going to perform.
3. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
If these images are taken with the HTC M8 then I an getting this phone!
4. newbey123 (Posts: 408; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Pics look very nice! Good job HTC! Only one request, release the freaking phone so I can buy it, never had to try so hard to give my money away,lol.
5. lukkiristi (Posts: 36; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It'll be interesting to read the review and see the samples for sure. Especially compared to the 1020.
6. Federated (Posts: 231; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
It's not gonna outperform my Sony RX-10 which is always with me in my bag. lol
Seriously, I think the Lumia 1020 will still beat this new HTC One in the IQ department.
8. UglyFrank (Posts: 381; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
But it will be lighter, cheaper and have many, many more features that the RX-10 and it doesn't need a bag.
9. Federated (Posts: 231; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
I always have my bag with me anywhere I go. My Xperia Z1s is ALWAYS in my pocket. I have huge advantage now. I can easily transfer photos via NFC to my smartphone. Money won't be an issue if you finish college and have a career. Buying camera or smartphone every year can easily be your hobby.
23. heyhi (Posts: 124; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
this question is for you Papa and Federated...
what do you guys do with your "old phones"??
do you keep, sell or give them??
26. Federated (Posts: 231; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
I give and sell. I give my old phones to my relatives and loved ones Or sometimes I sell them on Ebay.
29. Alex123 (Posts: 220; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I wish i were your relatives and ask you to buy me a brand new Lumia 1020 :)
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8266; Member since: 14 May 2012)
We already know how the damn phone looks like thanks to the leak yesterday, but the camera performance is what I have my eye on.
14. Shatter (Posts: 2024; Member since: 29 May 2013)
If you really care about the Camera you will buy a DLSR...
15. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
That makes no sense. I care very very much of a camera and I have a DSLR but its very chunky and big to take with you and in fact its impossible to take with you sometimes. Thats why people care so much about the camera on the phone.
If this phone will be smaller than S5 and Z2 but with an awesome camera, I am pretty sure it will be hot. HTC One got so much praise and there is no reason not to expect much of this this time too because they will improve in most of the things and the camera was the biggest disappointment
30. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8266; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because I'm going to carry a DLSR camera with me to work and college... Right.
11. antmiu2 (Posts: 208; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
why they are giving us teasers if we already saw the phone in a poor review
13. NoFanboy (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Why are they teasing if anyone that cares about the phone has already seen a 12 minute video.
19. Deaconclgi (Posts: 264; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sorry guys, that is simply the date: 25th day of the 3rd month, aka March 25, the date of the unveiling of the phone.
27. pookiewood (Posts: 582; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
We know. :D Were kidding. I know I was anyway.
18. techaman (unregistered)
if htc spins this the right way and give news fox and others some stills of the phone in the kids hands not the bad parts everyone will be searching the internet for this and boom you got 100 million people looking for your phone, people wanted the one just did not like 4 mp camera or no sd card now you we got it this is right before the launch it would be the cheapest and best ad a big f you to the mega millions of dollars from the other big ones.
22. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Do you know what it takes for people to search for M8 leaks? They need to visit sites like engadget, phone arena and so on. Who does that? Well mostly technology nerds. 100million of them is very unlikely. People still forget 95% of the people who actually buy a smartphone don't follow leaks and certainly not as intensive as the very few do.
20. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1008; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
how did the kid got the phone in the first place anyway?
21. rkoforever90 (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
the picture taken by the kid on the review looks detailed , seems like phone has a camera higer than 8mp
25. jojon (Posts: 76; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
No doubt a vast improvement on the One in the camera department, but please do not even think about comparing it to the Lumia 1020 just yet
31. zachattack (Posts: 565; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
I have a feeling HTC is going to blow minds this month