HTC Windows Phone 8X and 8S get priced in Europe
1. DerryAhmad (Posts: 256; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Quite a fair price IMO. And I'm sure the international price will be lower than the Europe's. Now.. I'm curious about the pricing on Lumia 920. I'm sure it'll be higher. But I'm hoping for a max $50 higher than HTC 8X
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Much cheaper than I expected
And I thought it will over $700
Nice price to attract customer tho :)
4. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
well its only 16GB of memory so below $700 is its real pricepoint.. like the 16Gb version of iPhone 5... its also sub $700
11. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Not in every place around the globe. The 16GB 4S costs $900 off-contract in India. And the 16 GB iPhone 5 is expected to cost $1000 off-contract. Nokia phones are way cheaper in India off-contract compared to their European/US/other off-contract companions. And we don't get subsidized phones in India, before you ask.
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
same in my place! and all apple devices outside US are expensive!
but what im talking about is on US market... coz i know that around the world these phones will be price a bit cheaper than US..but some of them are still very pricey coz of VAT!
and the price is very reasonable!
3. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
pretty decent price!! but if 8X and lumia 920 are price likely similar, then better go for "The Best Beast"
5. hung2900 (Posts: 884; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
WTH? Even with 20% tax in the UK? I think it's fake.
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Not as expensive as bb porsche,
7. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Would anyone be able to tell me about app compatibility?
Will new WP8 apps run on win 7 or updated 7.8 ?
9. -box- (Posts: 3973; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
They use a different kernel, so I have doubts that WP7/7.5/7.8 devices can run apps designed for just Win8, but considering how much developer support there is, it wouldn't surprise me if the developers release 7.8 and 8 apps simultaneously
12. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
If the kernel is different than that would mean that also Win 8 would not be able to run win 7 Apps right ?
But they said that Win 8 has advantage of 100 000 apps already created for win 7, so Win 8 will be able to run those apps ?
Why it works one way but would not work another ?
Can you explain bit more ? I know nothing about kernels.
8. -box- (Posts: 3973; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Do we actually have confirmation it'll be $200 with AT&T? If so, that's not very well priced if the Lumia 920 is going to be the same price (which I'm guessing it will be) considering the HTC's smaller screen and inferior (but still good) camera.