HTC Supersonic appears on Sprint internal document?
This article contains unofficial information.
HTC Supersonic Preliminary Specifications
source: Glowfoto via Engadget
13. herbiederb (Posts: 275; Member since: 28 Jan 2010)
Supersonic is AWESOME! (btw.. please get WiMax on in NYC!)
31. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 924; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Are you still going HD2 T Mobile.....rofl.....Yes here in the NYC we need 4G Sprint. How the hell does one of the largest metro areas not have it 1st. Damn I hear 4G is in Baltimore, and Philly. WTF.
34. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
Did they ever announce what the other 43 - 53 markets were going to be? WiMax has a goal of 60 - 80 markets by 2011 with 27 now. Check WiMax out with their 7GB (no tiers, unlimited) average users, I moved from a WiMax area but have faith next year will be good.
41. herbiederb (Posts: 275; Member since: 28 Jan 2010)
HD2 definitely. Supersonic depending on WiMax status. Hopefully they announce NYC next week.
42. biggles (Posts: 215; Member since: 15 Oct 2009)
AT&T had coverage issues in NYC with their 1900MHz band. How well do you think Sprint is gonna do with their 2500MHz WiMax band? LTE will fair MUCH better in a concrete jungle like NYC.
43. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
It great how much better LTE is than WiMax now, especially with it being in more places and more devices to boot.
44. herbiederb (Posts: 275; Member since: 28 Jan 2010)
Dunno about concrete.. I have a lot of windows.
2. tiolawa (Posts: 115; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Love sprint!! This will be my first smartphone!!!
3. omarc26 (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
does anyone kno wen will sprint get 4G OVER here in los angeles?
24. hill4president (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Mar 2010)
by the time verizon has 6g in rural montana
25. merkeke (Posts: 62; Member since: 03 Jan 2009)
on a foreal note. your seriously thinking that wimax will be in most markets soon? How about they try and get TDMA service. that may be something they can keep up with
27. hill4president (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Mar 2010)
i think they are goin to that new iDen technology they invested in
4. droidman (Posts: 106; Member since: 17 Mar 2010)
This phone is going to be a game changer.A whole year head start on any other carrier with 4g a lot of people may hate sprint right now but when they walk into the sprint store pick up that wimax phone and see that big 4.3 inch amoled screen and the power of 4g their mind will change real fast
6. tigermcm (Posts: 811; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
lol i like that last line good play on words
23. pl2ay (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
with all that goodness, how long will the battery last especially if your using that 4g bandwidth?
7. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
im an att iphone junky fanboy, but if apple doesn't knock me out with their next device, this will be my next device. i hope this gets sprint the all the customers they deserved when they launched the pre.
17. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
with something of this caliber it shows that finially sprint is getting some manufacturer attention, which means that they are going to be able to offer more drool inducing devices, and those hot phones make peoples heads turn toward sprint their plans and services thus causing sprints stock to rise, and churn to fall... all that has to be done is to not have the ball get dropped somewhere... and the customer base doesnt get pissed off somehow...
8. scottmbolt (unregistered)
Sprint FTW! Now I wonder what all of these others devices are on this page?
18. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
the x9000 is the shift kinda like a mini laptop and tablet mix w/ windows 7 which i didnt know sprint even supported... the s511 is the snap the t7380 is the tp2 amd the a6277 is my beloved hero and the s511 is an ancient device that was in that inventory when i used to work for sprint
9. Ray (Posts: 62; Member since: 30 Apr 2009)
This phone is mine i dont care if i dont have an upgrade ill pay full price this is the best phone coming out this year! Also Sprint should come out with a commercial specific to the supersonic thatll be KOo
12. jhoots (Posts: 74; Member since: 13 Jan 2010)
this is very true. Sprint fails in this department severly! they need a pr monster or some better advertising personel! take a cue from apple they PRed the crap out of the iphone and now its a house hold name.. Sprint did good promoting the Instinct but everything else has fallen short (in terms of advertising) they need to start an aggressive ad campaign about how awesome this phone is and then point out "btw half the price of an iphone plan" or "More power, More plan, better phone, better price! sprint and the WIMAX Supersonic, its what you've been waiting for!!"
10. GoofyGirl_77 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
I agree with you Ray - I'll pay full price for this phone. I bought the Pre wasn't totally thrilled - waited - bought the Hero when it was released - still not totally thrilled - I'm pretty darn sure the Supersonic will be the answer to my happiness. SPEED!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!
11. scottmbolt (unregistered)
If you don't mind me asking, whats is it about the Hero that you are not totally thrilled about? It, personally, is the best Smart phone I have ever owned so far.
19. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
me too... i love my hero. the people that are looking for the perfect phone that doesnt have one useless feature or no lag are also busy looking for the holy grail and El Dorado
28. GoofyGirl_77 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
No, I'm not busy looking for the Holy Grail and El Dorado - I am however looking for a phone that does not randomly reboot like my Hero does. It has also stopped having the ability to open MMS messages - a 'known issue' from what technical support told me. I could do a restore - and it might work for good or possibly it might work for one message - not worth doing the restore to me. There is also a significant lag between selecting an icon and the actual program responding. I don't have a bunch of extra programs downloaded nor have I rooted my phone. I'm not a newbie that doesn't know what I'm talking about either. I think the Snapdragon processor is worth drooling over and I personally cannot wait to have a phone with one in it! I don't think there is a perfect phone there will always be something - probably insignificant - that will cause people to complain. Just my two cents....
36. scottmbolt (unregistered)
Fortunitley for me, I have not really experienced those problems. I don't use picture messaging except for the fun novelty of it, and when I turn of WiFi, it works fine. If your phone randomly reboots, you need to talk with tech support. Its probably a manufacturers defect, and I bet they will replace the phone. As for the snapdragon, I agree, it is probably darned fast. Its just bigger, and Hero is like pocket friendly limit.
30. GoofyGirl_77 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
Sprint has been incredible for myself and the other seven people I convinced to switch! The service is excellent - not one dropped call like our previous carrier and we save roughly $85 a month on our service! AT&T has the best coverage in our area yet the most dropped calls and worst customer service. I haven't looked back once since switching!
33. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
It's a fact that your doesn't have any 4G to bring devices to. I want to be the 1st to get this but fell in love with Web OS so I'm holding out hope Palm will debut some WiMax flavor too.
37. scottmbolt (unregistered)
jcrow79 and merkeke... you guys are a bunch of lame douchebags!
15. Geezy03 (Posts: 43; Member since: 10 Apr 2009)
is it me, or does that page mention something about "Hero"?
39. Geezy03 (Posts: 43; Member since: 10 Apr 2009)
actually it does say something about hero if you look
40. hill4president (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Mar 2010)
so i guess you answered your question?
22. scorpio85 (Posts: 160; Member since: 16 Jan 2010)
Hope you guys like this phone, Sprint will probably stick it in to there employees like every nice phone that launches. We wont be able to buy this phone for like 2-3 months!
32. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 924; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
I wonder if they allow you to pre purchase cuzif so I am in.
35. Landmarkcm (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Man Im happy right now with the Samsung Moment! Sprint has the best deals going esp with extra discount I got. Plus Im glad there coverage has improved. I am new to Android and must say Im lovin it!