Google to announce the next Android 4.5 and a Nexus 8 tablet in July, claim insiders
1. power_x (Posts: 161; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Please no more 4.x , we want Key Lime Pie !
2. bgabriel (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Feb 2014)
4.5 could be Key Lime Pie, also Kit Kat is 4.4... maybe will be not a major update if will be released as 4.5...
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4674; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The next Android name will start with L, so don't get your hopes on the "Key Lime Pie". How about Android 4.5 Lemonade?
28. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4674; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Whatever, at least it's still sweet. Nice cold Lemonade. :)
30. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 153; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
What about Lion... oh what, that's taken ;)
39. andynaija (Posts: 312; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
What about Lemon Bar instead, it's a treat that is edible, and it's short and simple.
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 1999; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
There is no Key Lime Pie, Google goes alphabetical on Android, and after I.CS, J.elly Bean and K.it Kat, it's gonna be L.something, or still gonna be called Kit Kat considering about 7% of Androids sport that version.
10. Astoni (Posts: 202; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
lime key pie :D???? jokes aside you might be right..
34. Miracles (Posts: 309; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I want it to be Lassi....it even sounds cool.
42. ePoch270 (Posts: 62; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Lifesavers to get another candy brand tie in.....
11. fanboy1974 (Posts: 949; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I don't think they need too because Android in my opinion is still ahead of iOS and WP. Why give Apple an opportunity to put on a chart that only 2% of Android devices have 5.X? Looks better for Google to say that over 80% are running 4.X.
48. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1804; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
That makes no sense. At some point, 5.0 will come out & as a result of that, it will eventually have a 2% device penetration. Who cares what Apple has to say about it?
17. jack123 (Posts: 27; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
If anyone want Key Lime Pie that much, just go to bakery's shop it should be there, Just kidding.
Next version of kitkat 4.4 will be start with "L" and I guess maybe naming Lemon Pie.
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5479; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Key Lime Pie just a rumor. Next OS name will be in OCT people.
46. Andrewtst (Posts: 241; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
K already taken by KitKat which means Key Lime Pie officially dead, It is not a favor dessert of Android.
4.5 possible is minor updates or bugs fix and it will still calling KitKat.
Next huge update possible only start with 5.x and will be starting with L dessert.
3. uchihakurtz (Posts: 165; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
People be losing their mind being 0.1 behind again... Not my problem though, I wonder what's new :-)
8. Gsizzle (Posts: 17; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
It will. Google with make ART Runtime primary.
41. Scott93274 (Posts: 197; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Well, I have yet to notice any improvement on my Moto X running ART. I was told that it was due to Motorola taking the extra effort to customize everything to make it as efficient on Dalvak as possible.
12. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 415; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Why you non nexus owners worried? Non nexus owners will get update next year lol
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 634; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
4.5? yuck. just skip it and I'll wait for 5.0 instead.
19. jove39 (Posts: 1196; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
5.0 could possibly be 64bit android...and Google will wait till its ready...and keep on stretching 4.x versions.
20. jaytai0106 (Posts: 634; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If that's the case then I'm okay to wait :P but at this time, I'm waiting to see what Samsung, LG, and Oppo have to offer :D I'm waiting to upgrade my phone teehee
26. aksa123 (Posts: 93; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
4.5 already ?? I thought 4.4 just came 2 months ago !!!
Just wait for another year...
32. cripton805 (Posts: 897; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
They ware just annoucing it. To hype you up until this time next year.
15. jove39 (Posts: 1196; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Google should have both N7 & N8...while N7 can be low priced tablet and N8 can be premium... With all of high end specs...like S805/K1, QHD display etc.
16. geodude074 (Posts: 67; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Hurry up Google and make the Nexus 8 already.
I have a Dell Venue 8 in my Amazon shopping cart for $150 and I'm itching to click Checkout.
If it's being announced in July, it probably won't be ready for production until the fall. Too long of a wait for me!
18. Sakeem (Posts: 127; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
This. I'm not sure i can hold out any longer either. I understand the possible July release, but i may have to pull the trigger on another tablet. MAybe the Tab pro 8.4.
22. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Google should produce an N of each number, starting with a google smartwatch - call it N1, and then go as high as N72 - the name of their 72 inch Google TV.....
24. Rajanvir (Posts: 21; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Just wait HTC is bringing something for u but this time price would be decided buy GOOGLE
I think new version of ANDROID UI will also be created by HTC if this happens SO I PREFFER TO SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE RIDE
35. newbey123 (Posts: 245; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
They are suppossed to be making the Nexus 10. I have been holding out on getting a tablet until HTC was over the Nexus tablet again, so I hope they release it soon so I can jump into the tablet world :-).
37. Totse2k15 (Posts: 20; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Was hoping Nexus 8 to come in April...or MWC 2014, lol.
I'm tabletless and want a 8" high-specs tablet fast and no way I'm waiting for July for the Nexus 8, I'll pass and get the beastly Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (there is root already at XDA), plus, I don't want a bad Asus quality control, like the Nexus 7 2012 and 2013. I don't care about Android 4.5, I just want 5.0.
38. MySchizoBuddy (Posts: 34; Member since: 23 Aug 2011)
7.9 is approx 8. so Google wants to go directly against iPad mini
43. Diezparda (Posts: 69; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
NEXUS 8!! Please make it available for 64/128gb option or an SD Card expansion.
44. google-apple (Posts: 33; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
I recently purchased Nexus 5... But since yesterday, the device's camera ha gone defunct. Can't capture any images as it doesn't open.
#Errors are "Camera error: Can't connect to camera", "Unfortunately, Camera Has Stopped"...& there is an app in the battery section "mm-qcamera-daemon" that is draining the device's battery like anything...
I cleared all the cache using the bootloader, cleared data and force stopped the camera in app manager. The camera started working again but "mm-qcamera-daemon" is still draining the battery, it amounts for >50% of battery use... Any helps???
45. JunBringer (Posts: 95; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
I don't remember them ever going higher than a .4 really. I'd think they'd finally go for a 5.0 with Lolipop or Lemonheads or whatever.