Google-backed research looks to fight fake reviews
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
sometimes i think people become so dependent on reviews that they don't try new things.
2. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
I'll be honest, this is happenning to me and I hate it
So I'm going to stop right now =)
3. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
better to have any review than nothing....
if some one wants an adventure, has to plan a little too
and I dont think every one wants to go through unknown
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, yeah, the whole "cost of progress" argument. i know it well. i read reviews myself. i'm just saying maybe we should pay attention to it more so we don't become mindless automatons.
7. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I think "internet society" don't take everything for granted so don't so worry about it :)
because internet teaches us to trust every one and don't trust to everyone :)
4. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Guilty here :p When buying a phone I mainly read reviews from GSMarena, Phonearena, and Anandtech and I also consider my own hands on experience.
Another thing I consider is dev support. So I guess yeah, I rely heavily on reviews and word f others. :p
6. Leo_MC (Posts: 549; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Reviews are very normal:
Why waste my time to try an app when a thousand other users already did it?
Also, why shouldn't I give a mark to an app I tested for a while so others don't waste time testing it again?
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
ah yes, but who are these people that have already tried it i wonder? :P
9. Raptor9142 (Posts: 41; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
reviews r important becoz they save ur time and money, if u dont hve any importance of ur money then i think u dont need to see reviews.. u can waste as much as u want.
@KingKurogiii: Those ppl who dont try new things r always fan boys not like the ones who research :)
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
ah but without these fanboys we wouldn't have any way to research would we? :P
11. downphoenix (Posts: 2357; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
one way to circumvent this is to do like Xbox Live Arcade or Onlive and make available a free trial of EVERYTHING on there.