Google acquires Zagat
While no purchase price was disclosed, Zagat had previously put it self up for sale with a $200 million price tag. As for Zagat, the company called itself a "pioneer in user-generated content" acquired by another "renowned innovator" in Google. We can see the upside here to Google as the purchase will bring many Zagat fans who trust the brand, into Google's sticky web which should translate into more cash in the company's coffers.
source: Google, Zagat via AndroidCentral
1. Brad (unregistered) posted on 08 Sep 2011, 16:39 1 10
Sucks for Zagat. Guess I'm never using it again. Suckers. Google is going to screw them up like all the other copmanies they have acquired.
4. CooterLooter posted on 08 Sep 2011, 18:03 7 1
Brad my cootersense is telling me you lack the mental capacity to make these judgments.
2. bossmt_2 posted on 08 Sep 2011, 17:04 3 1
Should make a great combo. Google offers "free" zagat ratings, gets ad revenues etc.
5. biophone posted on 08 Sep 2011, 19:00 2 0
I love zagat. If they implement this good my next phone may be an android!
6. remixfa posted on 08 Sep 2011, 20:22 2 0
sweet, more info in google maps at the touch of a button.. or voice command.. or soon.. facial recognition! :)
7. biophone posted on 08 Sep 2011, 20:44 0 0
F they did it like that I would most likely buy an android next.
8. iphoness (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 01:18 0 0
This is an excellent move by Google and their location based aspirations. There’s no doubt Zagat stood as an industry standard, and has moved into the future very well. Established and ready to go.