Google Wallet comes to the iPhone, obviously doesn't include NFC payments
1. pimix2009 (Posts: 9; Member since: 26 Aug 2009)
Everything Google is also in Iphone. how sad. No wonder these iphone fans always think their phone are the bomb
3. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 10653; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Maybe because the iPhone just works? Why should google deny their services to iphone users? That's a huge user base and it wouldn't make good business sense.
8. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Iphone doesnt have NFC still kinda irrelevant.
9. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 10653; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
NFC is still pretty niche. It's not a major feature. Find me a good use for it rather than just being there for the sake of being there.
2. gallison1983 (Posts: 47; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
It's called being smart. Google knows that it won't reach everyone developing solely for Android. So it goes where it's potential revenue leads are (minus Windows Phone for some strange reason).
6. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Windows phone still needs growth for Google to consider it but yeah the more people use wallet the more and more people will use wallet
4. Ninetysix (Posts: 2317; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Google's moving away from NFC. Other than SBeam and NFC tags, what else are you using your NFC for? Tons of people are wondering why Apple doesn't have NFC yet.
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Can you provide facts to back up that statement? If Google wallet has a slow adoption blame Verizon and company for having Isis and blocking the feature on their network.
Apple will adopt NFC eventually as many patents have suggested, but they can't install all those features on the iPhone yet or they will run out of "innovation"
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Also forgot to add, many accessories are being developed with NFC pairing.