Gingerbread gains, Froyo fades in the latest Android breakdown
Gingerbread itself can be broken down. Android 2.3.3-2.3.4 has a 17.6% slice of the Android pie while Android 2.3-2.3.2 is in just 1% of the total Android universe. The latest version of Gingerbread, Android 2.3.4, supports gTalk, and as more handsets are launched, you should see a major pickup in this build.
As we reported, the next version of the Google OS for phones will be 4.0, or Ice Cream Sandwich. Android 3.0 and 3.1, also known as Honeycomb, are optimized for Android tablets and can be found in .9% of all Android devices. Ice Cream Sandwich will bring some of Honeycomb's features to Android handsets. Rounding out the remaining builds, Android 2.1 still can be found in just over 17% of Android handsets while Android 1.5 and 1.6 own 3.6% of the total.
Gingerbread flavored Android devices doubled in number from the last survey
1. DRG (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 15:48 2 0
Hows that Gingerbread 2.3 update coming along for my SOCK VANILLA TMo LG G2X that supposedly is to be easy to update due to no UI overlays?
This wait ....and my reboots....freezing.....lock ups are getting frustrating folks! WHAT GIVES?!?! I am an increasingly frustrated yet patient TMo customer.......
17. The_Miz posted on 08 Jul 2011, 04:12 0 1
And get updates on time without a lot of Android bugs and glitches. Kind of ironic that Google can't even fix all the problems with Androids despite with all the updates.
11. jroc74 posted on 07 Jul 2011, 18:43 0 0
Yea...this question will remain unanswered....especially seeing how the Droid X1 and Droid 2 got updated, the EVO 4G, The Galaxy S 1 line....
All with custom UI's.
15. remixfa posted on 07 Jul 2011, 19:47 0 0
galaxyS hasnt been upgraded officially in the US. Thats another 5 million or so androids just from 1 phone. That will change the pie pretty decently.
LG is slacking. They obviously havent learned from samsung and sony's upgrade fiascos. Honeycomb 3.2 is about to launch and they wont even give a timeline for the 3.1 upgrade on the G-Slate either. GRR!!
20. jroc74 posted on 08 Jul 2011, 08:25 0 0
Thats right....the Galaxy S line in the US just got Froyo, right?
Thats kinda sad n funny..lol
2. IEatApples posted on 07 Jul 2011, 15:53 1 0
nothing gingerbread on the atrix yet. hopefully they stick to their word that it will be out this month.
6. iosmaster posted on 07 Jul 2011, 17:10 1 3
IEATGINGERBREAD: U WILL BE DOOMED FOREVER BUAHAHAHAHA
3. Synack posted on 07 Jul 2011, 15:53 1 0
Just put 2.3.4 on my Droid Charge! Skype video and Netflicks FTW!
7. iosmaster posted on 07 Jul 2011, 17:11 2 5
Ouuwww skype video really =D thats an old feature for IOS lol
10. AndroidOS posted on 07 Jul 2011, 18:40 4 0
Oowwww, notification bar really :D that's an old feature for Android, lol.
Go somewhere, seriously. -.-
4. DRG (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 16:19 1 0
Help! I need me some gingerbread.....my frozen yogurt is melting all over!
8. iosmaster posted on 07 Jul 2011, 17:12 2 7
IOS5 RISES ANDROID FADES : THAT SHOULD BE THE TITLE
9. srgonu (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 18:27 6 1
yes, ios raising to catchup with android... notifications now and customization of home screen, maps to navigate, finger print reader etc later in next 5 yrs. lol
12. Sniggly posted on 07 Jul 2011, 19:26 2 0
So today you're picking on Android instead of Apple then, eh?
14. iSheepHunter posted on 07 Jul 2011, 19:39 3 0
Really? I haven't heard anything about Android shares dropping. Am I the only one to not hear this?
21. rtrhurtjut (unregistered) posted on 08 Jul 2011, 17:18 2 0
Just like the WWE!