Galaxy S6 Edge multi-core Geekbench score crushes everything, including the iPad Air 2
1. android_hitman (unregistered)
I just want a good battery life for this phone and I stay with Sammy (maybe :D)
10. sgodsell (Posts: 3627; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
They have had great battery life with their phones. The Note 3, and 4 have incredible battery life. Besides you can also get replacement batteries as well for their devices. Carry another battery around, just in case you need it.
68. MySchizoBuddy (Posts: 150; Member since: 23 Aug 2011)
yes octa core cpu can finally beat dual core cpu. The King is definitely back
71. tedkord (Posts: 11626; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No, the quad cores were bearing it, too.
79. FrenchGuy (Posts: 108; Member since: 12 Dec 2014)
First ,the CPU of the ipad air 2 has 3 cores, not two as you said.
Secondly, how can you compare the number of cores beteen two totally different IT architectures. It does not make any sense !!!
But because you know nothing about micro electronics , I forgive you :-)
122. FluffyBled (Posts: 514; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
Well you should definitely check how cpus work :D!
109. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
This is not using 64-bit AArch64. Check the page again, it's using AArch32. This means cryptographic tests like AES, SHA will not get the proper numbers. I am sure if they used the 64bit version AArch, the numbers will be around 8-10% more.
By the time it ships in months, expect 10-15% increase in scores due to optimization.
54. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
UPSM + a bigger battery + more efficient display + Exynos 7 = pretty damn good battery life. Can't wait for what Samsung brings in March/April.
63. jove39 (Posts: 1857; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Exynos 7420 is built on 14nm process, it'll be very efficient.
142. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
i feel bad for htc with this story everyone has forgotten about them they need a leak a great leak before mwc
165. Mutation.X (banned) (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
They should start using Exynos.
5. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I am pretty sure it is crushes. The word crashes has been associated a lot with Apple products after their iOS6 was released.
19. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Still doesn't sound too rosey for some currently.
Just works/ing on it.
24. bucky (Posts: 2563; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Lol now I know you are joking. Android user talking about iOS crashing...
41. Iodine (Posts: 1330; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
If android has been accused of crashing, the diehard android has to explain to you, how iOS is crashing, even more, even worse and how it's actually getting worse.... No matter what.
Btw iOS 6 runs fine on an iPhone 3GS.
44. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Not sure I understand,
Why would Apple waste money making something more stable if its already stable?
48. Iodine (Posts: 1330; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Because there is still room for improvements and Apple's mantra is "better".
72. tedkord (Posts: 11626; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I know, right. It's not fair that they troll back at trolls.
82. Wiencon (Posts: 1870; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
On iPod touch 4 ios 6 was laggy as hell (1 core, 256mb ram). But never, ever crashed for me. iOS 8 on 4S is buggy but not like on Z3 Compact when once in a while after unlocking screen I was welcomed with "play services stopped working" prompt. How nice.
87. RoboticEngi (Posts: 709; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
Thats because apple is hidding it from the users.....And thats a fact....
130. strudelz100 (Posts: 644; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
And the 4S is literally 4 times less powerful. 2 years older. Still getting updates. And less buggy than the vaunted Z3 Compact.
89. Cicero (Posts: 870; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Yep! But do not install nothing more than ios system. Try do some nwt browsing, browsing inside AppStore or even open FB app. You will throw your 3GS to the wall. I know it because half a year ago the battery of my old 3GS explode sitting from some time shelved.
52. mixedfish (Posts: 1177; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
138. tedkord (Posts: 11626; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Happens every year like clockwork, though.
161. willard12 (Posts: 1677; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
166. Mutation.X (banned) (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
What happened to these old users: Ardent, Kshell, TheMiz, Whateverman, Remixfa, Sniggly and many others.... They don't post...
182. KRONeage (Posts: 142; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
Crashes or Crushes iOS 8.999999 on an already weak dual core for multicore processing scores on A8 in a iCopySamsung 6.... means they're destroying either way! ;-P
Multicore scoring has just scored 5486 on Geekbench. That's double iPhone 6 score on multicore testing it now supporting full HSA integration of heterogeneous computing platform API's to go with that? iPhone 6 and 6Plus is already doomed! lol..... mwahahaha....
3. Dude2014 (Posts: 439; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
How about GPU? Mali-T760 which we see in Exynos 5433 or something better?
16. Macready (Posts: 951; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
Based on earlier leaks likely the same Mali but with a few extra cores, which explains the 30% increase of the GPU test results seen in the Antutu Benchmarks.
128. vincelongman (Posts: 4424; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Exynos 5433 has the Mali-T760MP6
Exynos 7420 is rumored to have the Mali-T760MP8
i.e 8 clusters vs 6 clusters in the older Exynos
Also there's the performance increase from 20nm to 14nm as well
158. Mutation.X (banned) (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
MP16 is the maximum. I wonder why they didn’t go for the MP16?
162. vincelongman (Posts: 4424; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Because it would make too much heat
Same reason why Apple didnt use the A8X in the 6/6+ or why you dont see the K1 in phones
167. Mutation.X (banned) (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
Heat sinks or air vents Finns would really help. How stupid and idiot of them not to. We could enjoy games at 400GFlops.
168. Mutation.X (banned) (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
What happened to Exynos E5440 and 5450.
4. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Oh boy, these kinda news will break some iZombies hearts :D
20. Settings (Posts: 1591; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Well iZombies doesn't look at benchmark scores.
Only geeks, nerds and fanboys only look on them. No OEM markets their gadget using benchmark scores coz only a minute fraction of the consumers believes on it.
26. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
This was the case at first, then Apple did lead in benchmarks with the iPhone 5s and 6, and All and i mean ALL iSheeps on this site suddenly started using benchmarks as a reference for great performances.
Now, since Android is taking the lead yet again, it became irrelevant.
85. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2887; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
The way I read his comment is that iZombies,as in the main flock of people who buy iPhones, are not tech-savvy at all. They don't look at geek bench scores. Same goes for the major part of Android users.
BUT geeks, nerds and fanboys (from both OSses) do look at them. He doesn't mean just Android fanboys, but the Apple ones too. I think...
29. Macready (Posts: 951; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
That's why Anandtech is so popular amongst iFans, because they don't talk about (cherrypicked) benchmarks and other "nerdy" stuff.
131. strudelz100 (Posts: 644; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Anandtech is popular because its out of the comprehension range of most Fanboys.
92. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
The competitor of the Galaxy S6 will be the iPhone 6s. Exynos 7420 vs Apple A9.
The current benchmark is Exynos 7420 vs Apple A8. Not representative.
93. Applesexual (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Feb 2015)
No. The next iPhone is more than half a year away. The Note 5 will be out then.
Even then, historically, Apple processors are 2 years behind SnapDragon and Exynos processors in terms of overall power.
My prediction is that Apple can't engineer a better processor, so they continue to use 2 cores so that its single-core performance is higher than the latest SD or Exynos. Applesexuals will continue to harp about single core performance.
Total performance will match SnapDragon 805.
97. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
By the time the Galaxy S6 is shipping to customers, the iPhone 6s will be less than 6 months away. The Note 5 is a Phablet that can only be compared to iPhone 6 Plus which (I have to admit) comes at the same time as the iPhone 6.
Your "prediction" is an assumption. Apple's A8 processor beats SD805 already. Why should the A9 be worse than the A8?
99. Applesexual (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Feb 2015)
Jesus... So it's true that Applesexuals know nothing about tech and just keep harping nonsense.
Tech rule #1: Apple sucks at engineering
The A8 processor only beats SD805 in single-core performance. This is expected, as A8 is 2 cores and SD805 is 4 cores. All phones have near the same volume, meaning that each core in A8 is ENORMOUSLY BIGGER than each core in SD805.
Bigger size per core means more nodes in each core, resulting in more power per core. This is expected. It's not magical Apple engineering, but tech morons like Applesexuals think it is.
The point of multicore processing is not to get the best single core performance. It's to get the best overall performance.
Look up GB 3 multiscore scores for SD805 devices and the iPhone 6/6+.
iPhone doesn't even reach 3,000 but SD805 devices do.
101. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
If it is expected that a dual core CPU performs better on single core tasks, why is it not expected that a 8 core CPU performs better on multi core tasks?
Why do you think that Apple lacks the ability to design a 8 core CPU? Can you name everyday-use Apps that make use of 8 cores?
104. Applesexual (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Feb 2015)
So you admit that the A9 processor will be about as strong as last year's SD model?
Thanks for playing.
105. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Why do you think that Apple lacks the ability to design a 8 core CPU? Can you name everyday-use Apps that make use of 8 cores?
108. Applesexual (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Feb 2015)
Apple can design an 8 core CPU if they want.
It's easy. Just lower the size per core and use the leftover space to add more cores. It's as easy as ordering pizza.
The problem is that both Apple's single and multi core performance will be lower than all Android devices, so they can't use the "More efficient" marketing gimmick.
100. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
The A8 does not best the 805 note 4 and nexus 6 best it head on
127. strudelz100 (Posts: 644; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Applesexual you win the award for "PA Member that talks most and knows least about processors".
Your prediction is Apple can't engineer a better processor? Apple has had the most advanced cores on the market since A6, which was faster than A15 and Krait at a lower clock speed. Furthermore, they've maintained that edge for years now and forced Qualcomm to ABANDON its future plans upon the release of 64bit A7: Causing them to buy off-the-shelf ARM designs for their 2015 lineup.
If that's not leading the industry: What is?
Apple needs only 2 cores to compete with 4 and 8 cores because each core is much more advanced than its competition. Its so simple.
134. Applesexual (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Feb 2015)
strudelz100, most advanced cores as in single core performance, which I already debunked.
Its core performance comes from SIZE. Re-read my explanation. Bigger size = more nodes per core. What do you not understand about this?
If Qualcomm lowered their core count to just 2, their per core performance would be GREATER than Apple's processors.
64 bit is only a marketing gimmick. The A8 is overall WEAKER than the 32-bit SD 805. The only fault Qualcomm had was assuming that people wouldn't fall for the 64-bit nonsense. I have to admit, Applesexuals' stupidity even surprised me.
137. Ninetysix (Posts: 2378; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Please just stick to talking about Pizza. You'll be creating another account soon to hide from all of these embrassement.
159. Mutation.X (banned) (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
Why don't you join the discussion. If you can't, don't bother talking nonsense.
171. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
Goes to show apple fans are just ridiculously dumb
156. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Denver only needs two and it is the best at single core.
Fashionistas or baristas may not comprehend.
If you need help, google it my boy.
112. tedkord (Posts: 11626; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
They're 6 months apart. Why is it valid to compare the new iPhone to a six month old device, but not the other way around? (I mean, I know why it's valid in your mind, but I'd like to know if there's a real world reason.)