Galaxy S4 KitKat update nears, screenshot indicates revamped inteface
1. phonepro (Posts: 21; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
Wait the S4 doesn't have kitkat yet? I thought they had it like months ago like other phones. Hmm looks like I'm outdated.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Get a Moto or a Nexus if you want fast updates.
6. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4184; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Google Play Edition of the GS4 has KitKat, but not the Touchwiz skinned versions.
16. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I hope my note 3 get the update first before the crappy GS4
17. AciMars (Posts: 20; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Samsung will release Kitkat update after NEW PRODUCT (S5) released first.. Typical samsung...
thats why i hate it...
21. av911 (Posts: 170; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Right, all the other manufacturers are doing such a good job of updating their devices /s
23. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3072; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yea I hate it when Samsung actually updates their current and old devices! They should be like LG and completely disown and forget all about their old devices and keep them outdated before. I HATE when Samsung updates their devices!!!
2. uchihakurtz (Posts: 308; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Wow, such lockscreen, much information, very informative /sarcasm
3. Finalflash (Posts: 2171; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Who cares what it looks like, what matters is how it performs. Looks will always be subjective and only please so many people, performance is the universal metric that everyone can agree on and should be the focus.
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm jealous, why Sony can't be quicker with updates? I'm getting bored of the UI on my Z, I want new UI.
11. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Hahaha... The sarcasm in your comment had me laughing out loud :D
15. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Learn to flash a custom ROM , kiddo .
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sorry kiddo, I don't do that. I don't want to void the warranty. Not everyone want to flash a custom ROM or root their phone, kiddo. You know what I'm sayin, kiddo?
28. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
You shouldnt call a grown man kiddo .
Most of the time , flashing a rom doesnt harm your device . Besides , plenty of devs support for the Z/ZL/ZR . My friend flashed cyanogenmod 10.2 on his ZR the day he bought it . His phone suffered from a faulty accelerometer and he has no problem with warranty .
29. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No thanks, I rather let my phone be original, I'm okay with my phone running Android 4.3 and the UI, I will wait for the official Android 4.4 update from Sony.
And also, no one likes to be called a kiddo every time. In fact, I'm not a kid, I'm a teenager. Calling someone a kiddo every time just makes you look like a jerk and it's not funny. That's all, have a nice day sir. Thanks for explaining how flashing a rom works.
30. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
You want me to stop with the kiddo thing ? Fine , when you actually reached a grown man's age and enter the nightclub with no problems like me . hahaha
You actually need to google to follow step by step instructions in order to flash a rom , for a newbie i suggest flashing cyanogenmod as they are reliable and fast ,
As for if you dont like it , you could always flash back the stock rom . For me i stayed with stock on my ZL
32. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's okay, I'm fine with the stock rom on my Z. Thanks for the offer though.
31. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Sorry i cant post the link to flash a rom here because this acc is still new . However , extra bonus for you if you arrive in an Audi and be a jerk to everybody . Maybe then i will buy you a drink
19. anleoflippy (Posts: 504; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
UI in Android 4.3 not good enough for you?
7. erikiksaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
Wow, Samsung didn't have a kindergartner choose the color palette this time around.
8. XaErO (Posts: 263; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Hope, Samsung have designed very light, fluid and feature-rich TouchWiz this time ..
9. gunnroses (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Since Samsung sells millions of android phones, it would not be surprising if they are the first manufacturer to get the taste of the latest firmware from Google, even the updates of their phones they are much quicker compare to other manufacturers. HTC used to be the first but that;s taken away from them after their sales went down.
13. ahomad (Posts: 173; Member since: 15 May 2012)
HTC, LG, Moto, and Nexus all received 4.4, so Samsung is far from being the first
24. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4184; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Motorola was the first to push 4.4 with the Moto X, HTC was second with the One, LG was third with the G2, and now Samsung will be fourth once this is released. Also, HTC was the first manufacturer to release 4.3 to their flagship device.
14. draconic1991 (Posts: 183; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
hope the s3 gets this update too and with the refreshed interface as well..
and hoping it doesnt take as long as 4.3
18. Nkolsen (Posts: 60; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
@ ahomad: So how many LG, HTC and Sony are running kitkat ? Im curiuos :D
22. true1984 (Posts: 688; Member since: 23 May 2012)
the LG G2 in Korea and the international HTC One. No one said Sony....
25. joseram695 (Posts: 79; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Looks like they are finally getting rid of that ugly green battery icon and replacing it with the stock android version! Yay
26. GeekMovement (Posts: 1947; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I'm curious to see what it will officially look like.