Galaxy Nexus users having issues with volume, media goes crazy
1. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
VZW has pretty stringent testing standards to release a phone. Lots of phones have been delayed months on VZW because of that.. (cough cough bionic..cough)
lets hope they get it figured out quickly though. Regardless of whenever it releases, its going to be a huge hit.. especially if its sold in multiple carriers and their brick n mortar stores... so that I'm not worried about.
2. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
im all for sammy having success with this phone but since amazon was having that sale i couldnt pass up an sgs2 epic touch for just a penny. i had to get away from the kyocera echo. da*n hinge finally broke -_-
3. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol, you still gave sammy some money. I feel ya. If i were up for switching carriers n such, that free SGS2 would have sold me.
Especially since theyve discovered they can change the resolution on it to 720p like the nexus and its stronger than the nexus anyways, so it will perform better under ICS. Kind of a win win there.
43. Skyrim (Posts: 36; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
How can they change the resolution? If you really can this might change my descision on my next phone.
51. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i posted a link the other day, but im at work so i cant right now.. just do a youtube search for SGS2 720p. it will probably pull right up.
9. AppleLover (Posts: 13; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I knew ICS would be full of bugs... Last I mentioned it people were all thumbing me down but NOW WHAT? its a rushed OS put on a POS phone with a rushed and ugly screen and a OLDA$$ gpu thats laughable. So much for the high hopes of having the GREATEST phone this year. Oh and don't forget that nasty camera which could hold a candle light to "other" phones which I won't be naming.
12. Ivan6479 (Posts: 248; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Are you feaking kidding me!! You must have not read this article earlier this week:
Not to mention we both know what would happen if each of these devices accidentally got dropped. Well lets just say with the Nexus one would still have a fully functional phone vs the iPhone which would be a total disaster. Now take your iTard ass some where else with all the bs your talking.
16. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Calling someone iTard is trolling. You wanna provoke something?
18. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
You really are going to say Ivan is trolling? Did you read the post he is replying to?
That dude is clearly a bonified iTard.
20. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Oh yeah you're right. On second thought AppleLover is a troll too. But still no reason to call someone itards. That's even closer to a troll.
28. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I agree, but AppleLover is clearly a legitimate iTard.
It's only trolling if it's an unnecessary comment being used to provoke some sort of argument.
Calling all hispanics "border hoppers" is a racial slur.
Calling the dude at the police station who's being arrested for crossing the border illegally a "border hopper" is appropriate.
In this case, he's being a freakin' iTard.
30. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Yes you're right but iTard is trolling. Just call him apple troll.
39. AppleLover (Posts: 13; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
ivan please refrain from all the hostility this site promotes a healthy and happy arguments.
with that said retard any phone would be F up just depend on how high and where you drop it on.
as far as the nexus goes you have yet prove me wrong:
camera on the nexus s0cks
ICS is full of BUGS
GPU is a OLD HAG BAG with a new clock speed???
if you weren't just a retard you would've had something better to say
15. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Really? Full of bugs? Rushed OS? POS phone? Ugly screen?
Taco? Is that you!?!?!?!
5. Zayuh24 (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I agree with you but on a half-note. Verizon tests the phones to a certain extent before selling them to the public, because they feel it is solely the manufacturer's responsibility to ship them a functional product.
Personally, I've gone through 4 replacement OG Droid's, the last 3 of which I have not downloaded a single third-party app, in less than 18 months. I do not blame VZW entirely (they say they do a 100-point check of every refurbished unit they send out; I'm calling BS on that), but I do believe they deserve some of the blame.
Overall, I believe the entire process is so frustrating on both consumers and suppliers, that carriers just say "eff it, here you go. We'll fix the 'small stuff' later." Neither the media nor consumers are forgiving, even though the blame ought to be shared by everyone as a whole. The pressure caused by consumers is put on manufacturers to rush a "perfect" product that has glitches, which leads to carrier heat from those same demanding consumers. A cycle of hypocrisy.
23. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
This is a pretty standard android experience.
26. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
yep ios5 came bug free lol every new os comes with bugs
45. Sniggly (Posts: 7297; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Refurbished replacements suck. Once you send in your original phone to be replaced, you can almost guarantee that you're going to go through several replacements. And since Verizon canned the No Lemon policy (known during its existence as the Multi FRU Replacement policy, wherein three issues with three separate phones, which could include the original, guaranteed a brand new equivalent phone-so long as you could get to a Verizon store) the last glimmer of hope for a lasting remedy for frustrated users has disappeared from Verizon.
47. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
they got rid of the multi-FRU?!?!?!? boo.
46. Sniggly (Posts: 7297; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And Taco, see above. Having multiple replacements is a standard experience for anyone who receives a refurbished warranty or especially an insurance phone. It truly sucks, but it's the carrier's fault and not the manufacturer's. And it's most certainly not Android's fault.
13. xupru (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
remixfa, I really respect the degree of knowledge you seem to have on phones, I was hoping you could help me with a personal decision on buying. Is there anyway I could reach you or should I just post it as a comment to one of these articles?
19. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Someone would give you thumbs down.... haha
Just mentioning "remixfa" instantly earns you thumbs down.
37. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
remixfa is like a magical word... that has a downside i guess.. ^_^
49. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
notoriety has its upsides and downsides.. lol
48. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
my email is in my profile if you like, otherwise, feel free to post it up. :)
38. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
NOW I see why it's not released. Again Samsung forgoes quality control and tries to release a half baked effort. Honestly, who in the hell are they trying to fool here? They botched the Nexus S with all the problems it had, and they had ample time to fix that for the Galaxy Nexus.
42. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
the iP4S was 'delayed' and there are still problems with that phone... they had plenty of time to hash out those issues, yet, didn't...
4. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Ya but the coverge is a lot better with verizon than all the other carriers or, I would have switched a long time ago! cause the SGS2 is a badass phone!
6. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I did talk to verizon employee this morning and he said that the nexus will be out this week from what they are hearing at all the stores I guess. But we know how that goes.
7. Zayuh24 (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Yeah, it's all "he say/she say" nowadays with Verizon. They used to be much better in getting the word out about popular products. They spent too long advertising the Razr and i4s that they forgot about advertising the Rezound and the Galaxy Nexus. It is pretty hard to talk about three huge devices in one month, though.
8. superguy (Posts: 281; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Yawn. Until I see announcement from Verizon, I\'m not believing any rumors ... even from VZW employees.
11. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
How's your iOS 5 battery life?
Not trying to start another war, but every damn phone seems to have either a hardware or software bug these days.
21. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
My iPad is still on a version of ios 4. But I don't go for ios 5 till i'm completely sure the bugs are of the past.
also i post as many times as I can on the iPad.
34. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"But I don't go for ios 5 till i'm completely sure the bugs are of the past."
Awww. Where is your sense of adventure? I thought that battery-gate was just a 'minor bug'?
35. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Not everyone does experience this. What's wrong with my decision to stay on ios4 for the moment. i'm just not taking any risks.
My iPad can live so long without a recharge. Unbelievable and only a small hour to recharge from 4%.
Also this is posted on the iPad. As 90% of my comments.
14. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Don't worry it's a minor bug and will be fixed as soon as possible just like the other bugs on other phones.
24. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Ummm. The latest chatter on the Mac forums seems to be that Apple won't have a complete solution to battery-gate until iOS v. 5.0.2. I guess the third time is the charm, huh?
31. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Yeap, and you think people can be perfect enouph, and never make mistakes?
33. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Well, it seems VZW is holding off releasing the G-Nexus until the obvious issues are sorted out. If memory serves, they did the same thing on the Bionic.
It isn't rocket science. Just requires some discipline.
36. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I was hesitant to get another Samsung anyhow. I had two different Rogues (from different plants even) with different electrical/antenna problems. I love Sammy's hardware, but I can't trust the assembly quality.
40. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and we all know how dissapointed the Bionic owners are now that the Razr is released...
17. 1701nino (unregistered)
I see a "volumegate" bug on the galaxy nexus a lot of unahappy customers cursing google and that damn phone }D}D}D}D
22. saspcguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Solid Verizon CDMA, plus LTE for when I can finally receive it.
Dual-core 1GHz or higher.
Loads of storage capability.
Decent battery life.
No sealed proprietary fruit-logo'ed BS.
Aaaaaaaand...GO! Oh, and I'd like a pony, and a Veyron, and Olivia Munn as a roommate.
25. faisal8708 (Posts: 104; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
\"Additionally,the phone may become unresponsive for a few seconds\"
Its Android its suppose to do tht
It is Android\'s signature move
29. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yeah, my Thunderbolt does that all the damn time!
Oh wait, no it doesn't.
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
If I was you.. I wouldnt brag that I own a T-Bolt... trust me.. when I tell you this... so please accept my condolences...
you owning T-Bolt have other issues..(many)... so will leave you alone...
50. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
gallito are you still running an android phone and being the wannabe itroll, or did you finally get the i4s?
27. dahndy83 (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
if verizon is testing on "Galaxy Nexus" strongly...
"Verzin" should tested droid1 ~ droid 3 ..all of them first before they came out.
44. JGuinan007 (Posts: 662; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Hey anyone know when the Galaxy Note is comming out on ATT?