Free mobile HotSpot usage for T-Mobile's pre-paid service?
The interesting thing is that T-Mobile's pre-paid plan website shows no sign of anything other than the usual $15 required to tether up to five other devices using a mobile HotSpot. With the way that T-Mobile has been trying to stay ahead of the crowd, this might just be one more innovation from the nation's fourth largest carrier.
Has any pre-paid T-Mobile customer noticed free tethering on their plan? Let us know by dropping a comment in the box below.
Is T-Mobile offering free tetheringon its pre-paid plans? Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
Is T-Mobile offering free tetheringon its pre-paid plans?
1. Free tethering is showing up on T-Mobile's pre-paid plans
2. The carrier's website still shows a $15 charge for Mobile HotSpot service
1. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
if you rooted and installed a new rom you had this since day one (after rooting)
2. kozza3 (Posts: 566; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
its my freakin phone and my freakin data and ima do what I want
3. Shatter (Posts: 1745; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I tether on my nexus 4 running a custom ROM and T-Mobile has never said anything about it.
5. lexingtonsteeley (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Agreed, but it's not worth the risk of getting caught and your line terminated. For me at least.
6. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
not if you use the old Opera browser 12 :D :D. Just a suggestion
12. djcody (Posts: 32; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
You just get another Sim card and send msg to everyone in your contacts '' this is my new number ble ble'' is 30$ plan with unlimited text, but I have done that from day one when plan start end never have problem with tethering, even in gingerbread :-)
4. Shatter (Posts: 1745; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its not there on my nexus 4 but it is on my secondary phone, the lg l9.
When I put the $70 plan sim into my l9 2.5GB did not appear.
7. gjkiii (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
I had it on the $60 plan. When I switched to $70 it would not work.I called tech support and they said the problem was on their end and in 3 days it started working.
8. AnthonyLG22 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
I have the 70 unlimited prepaid plan and a few days ago it said 200 mb hotspot and I checked today after this post and it says 2.5 gb :) I'm in love with tmobile.
9. pmg1997 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
I'm on the $30 dollar plan and it does show up. Says I have used up 2.7 mbs out of 100. HHHmmmm?
10. chong67 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
The firmware 4.3 has broken the Wifi Tether and so it doesnt work anymore unless you are below 4.2.2 or below firmare. If you do use it, be sure to use VPN.
I see I get free 2.5gb for hotspot. I see it on my account.
I install the MyAccount app on my phone, but I dont see the break down of data vs hotspot like the screenshot posted here.
11. chong67 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
Now I see the hotspot usage. Be sure you install the app from Tmo, not by others.