Details surface about Android 4.4.3
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5391; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I expect it to be pushed out in the next few weeks.
2. fzacek (Posts: 2387; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
It's not going to be a very significant update, really...
20. JunitoNH (Posts: 1144; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Maybe to you. However, for my Moto X, is a life line. Is the difference between my pocket or the wall. Tired of the random reboots.
30. Scott93274 (Posts: 1796; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I've had 2 random reboots since I got 4.4.2, so it hasn't really impacted me all that much. And I haven't noticed a battery issue at all. Though where was one time where I was unable to lock my device by using the pattern and it wouldn't let me restart the phone. I grew frustrated and eventually got it to restart after fiddling with the power and volume keys after a while. But aside from that one occasions, I'm happy with the phone.
3. Professor (Posts: 199; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
The data connection drop out is big pain in the butt problem that I hope they correct. Right now my work around is shutting the phone down and reboot it again every time maps loose contact with the network so it can find it again...
4. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Just curious...have you tried toggling Airplane Mode?
17. Professor (Posts: 199; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I never have used Airplane mode. I have no idea for what it is or what it does. When I am in an airplane I just turn it off until I land.
21. rallyguy (Posts: 610; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Without knowing what phone you have it's probably in your settings under connections maybe?
It turns off the radios of your phone so no calls or data will be sent or received.
On my Note 3 I can be in airplane mode but turn on WiFi leaving only the cellular radio off. GPS can be turned on also.
26. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
What rallyguy said.
Toggling Airplane Mode sometimes help with issues like this. In severe cases....you would still have to reboot.
I also toggle Airplane Mode to test how well a phone does in a weak reception area. Or to just test how well it recovers from having no connection to having a connection an any area.
7. joey_sfb (Posts: 3858; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Don't have any problem with my Note 3 running 4.4.2.
13. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Darkjudy seems to have crashing on his Note3.
If you don't, I suspect end user set up.
22. rallyguy (Posts: 610; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
The only problem with my Note 3 was my email not syncing by default. Once I adjusted a setting, it works perfect. No problems at all now.
5. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Odd, all of the issues that this update is to address do not seem to be affecting my Nexus 5...
19. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I have some of those bugs on my note 3
23. rallyguy (Posts: 610; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Hmm. Odd, I had dropped calls on JB, KK has fixed that.
6. vijaysivakula (Posts: 174; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Will this help with the battery bug on Nexus 5? Can I finally purchase it?
10. Astoni (Posts: 613; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
What bug?`the nexus 5 doesn't have that good of a battery time :p.
12. williaamlarsson (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
The mm_camera_daemon bug that drains the battery faster than usual and makes the camera crash with an error saying "Can't connect to camera".
14. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Don't use Skype!
Its third party apps that access camera like Skype that hang it.
Other then that, I get 6 hours of SOT.
27. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Microsoft owns Skype now - so, I would not trust it...
18. Professor (Posts: 199; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
My phone is a Nexus 4. I used to have the overheating & the battery drain problem (it was draining the battery from full charge to red line in less than 1 hour just standby) and it was corrected when I updated "Hangout" and "Tango" to their latest version. I don't think it was caused by hangout because I have never ever used the program so the problem had to be caused by Tango. I don't have Skipe so the problem it was not just with Skipe as they claim. It now works normal again. It used to work OK before upgrading to kit Kat so I suppose the problem was caused due to Tango was not compatible or working correctly after upgraded to kit Kat. Again the problem was corrected after Tango and Hangout were upgraded to kit Kat compatible updates.
11. marlboro (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
only nexus and moto devices are most likely update this updates... the rest is history that will repeat itself...
15. 1701nino (unregistered)
I have a real problem with my nexus 4 with autofocus in my camera app,the picturs look horrible.On my old iphone 3gs the pictures look better.
24. lewis14 (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Jan 2014)
They should fix that battery drain issue and multiwindow like soon
25. mike2959 (Posts: 358; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
This update will be for nexus devices, Google edition, and select moto devices.
29. vivek.wadhwa (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
My bluetooth stops working in between sharing all the time.