Candy Crush Saga's developer gets trolled, app stores to be flooded with "candy"-inspired games
The Candy Jam encourages developers to "make a game involving candies" and "consider using the word "candy" several times, also "scroll", "memory", "saga", "apple" and "edge" might give bonus points". Currently, more than a hundred games have been released in accordance with the initiative. CanDieCanDieCanDie, Shew it Down: Candy Crap Saga, The "Saga" Saga, ThisGameIsNotAboutCandy, CANDY on the EDGE, Candy Crush SEGA,Candy Escape Goat Saga, and Don't Let the Candies Crush You! are just a few among the plethora of games, created as a form of protest against King.
What's your opinion about the Candy Jam and King's "candy" trademark? Drop a line or two below and let us know!
source: Candy Jam via BGR
3. AppleHateBoy (Posts: 326; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Faith in humanity restored.
Faith in patents destroyed further.
5. lalalaman (Posts: 218; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Can't stop laughing....:D:D:D
The names for trolling are awesome.....
Candy crap,candie,the saga saga etc....trolololololololol
6. Xperia_droid (Posts: 15; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
candy crush sega looks original Chinese copy ;)
8. Looser99 (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
I love the name "Candy Crap Saga" lol :D King is absolutely ridiculous ! Candy Jam is doing it just right in the face of that so called KING :)
9. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2741; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
How to troll a blatant copyright/patent troll. You can't patent something that's generic.
10. corporateJP (Posts: 1190; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
LOL...King deserves this for trademarking common words.
Bunch of douchebags.
On a side note, I have never downloaded Candy Crush, but I did try it. Way to rip off Jewel-type games, King. Bunch of donkeys. You guys are so original. Karma is a beehotch.
On a side note, I'd like to try Candy Escape Goat Saga...LOL!
12. andynaija (Posts: 302; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I hate when patent companies are so foolish to go ahead and patent words or technologies that have been in use everyday, and the thing is one wanting to patent it is not even the one that came up with it!
13. GeekMovement (Posts: 1478; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
"Don't Let the Candies Crush You!"
haha. I love this trolling. I stopped supporting this dev after reading that absurd news. I hope their "candy" patent gets invalidated.
14. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Im tempted to use my copy of RPGMaker to make a crappy candy game in protest as well, fun times!
15. rns122112 (Posts: 5; Member since: 20 Jan 2014)
MOM!!!!!!! Does this mean we cant go to the CANDY store now?