Blind Camera Comparison: vote for the smartphone camera you like best
- Which phone's photos do you like the most?
1236 votes (1236 votes) iPhone 5s (Phone 1)
632 votes (632 votes) Sony Xperia Z1 (Phone 5)
571 votes (571 votes) LG G2 (Phone 2)
437 votes (437 votes) HTC One (Phone 3)
433 votes (433 votes) Samsung Galaxy S4 (Phone 4)
246 votes (246 votes) Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (Phone 6)
19. Finalflash (Posts: 1568; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yes, phone 7 has the best everything, it must be unlocking by pressing up up down down left left right right a b a b enter.
26. Ashoaib (Posts: 1318; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Phone 7? There are 6 phones in the comparison
38. mhmhmh63 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
phone 1 = iphone 5s
phone 2 = galaxy s4
phone 3 = htc one
phone 4 = lumia 1020
phone 5 = i think note3
phone 6 = xperia z1
i thinck phone 6 have good quilty but their is no low light scene
44. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
The colour of phone 3 are high in contrast so i really like it.
also after zooming in it keeps the sharpness. really interested in knowing what phone this is. it cant be iphone since iphone only has 8mp. it will be a shame if iphone wins this challenge again. specially with 1020 and Z1
50. a.kalantari (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 May 2013)
73. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 841; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
There is no way 1 is the 1020. Look at the last set of images, specifically the sunflower. Look at the level of detail in #1 vs #5. Worlds apart.
62. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1120; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
you are wrong on 1020. 1020 has the widest field in capturing photos.so 4. but i say lumia 1520 on phone 3
2. Astoni (Posts: 438; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Take a look at the Pictures of the yellow house.. ehm the 4th and the 7th has the clearest shots easily.. most people vote the 1st only cuse it took a darker picture on the bench thingy, but if you look as the 4th pic of the bench the colours are much more accurate and not overblown in colour.. so i'd say Number 4.
14. Finalflash (Posts: 1568; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Doesn't matter, it is about appeal and not about accuracy. If this test was about accuracy there would be a control that was taken with a really badass DSLR to compare against. This is more about what camera I would want to take pictures with based on what it outputs. That 2nd picture for camera 1 literally hits you in the mouth, and it does well in the 3rd one too if you look at the edges for noise as well as at the scales for quality.
16. raunak (Posts: 501; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
First one has overblown colors. It's either iPhone or 1520. I think 5th is best.
71. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 841; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
1520 doesn't oversaturate colors genius. Read some reviews before opening your mouth.
79. raunak (Posts: 501; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Don't be a butthurt. What I meant was that 1520 doesn't get the white balance right all the time on auto mode, just like other Nokia phones, which tend to give the photos a reddish look.
4. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 841; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Wow this is the toughest one yet.
Time to really look at the details of the images. The indoor shot will ultimately be the deciding factor here.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7683; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This one is a little tough. I already know which is the iPhone 5S and the S4.
52. reckless562 (Posts: 675; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
i thought i know, but honestly i dont!!! AAAHHHHH, i dont wana eat Crow, so ima jus sit this one out. plus, to lazy to download n examine all the images for true comparing lols :D
65. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5593; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Low light pics could have helped ID the phones. Which is why no low light pics were taken.
66. eli577 (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
Indeed it is hard.
Every scene has it's own winner, and all the winners are different. In my opininon of course. Wouldn't want to guess which number belongs to a certain phone....waiting for the unveiling.
45. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
i think you are right. its either iphone or htc. the phone 1 has the warmest colours. only iphone and htc have that sort of property in their camera.
6. -Shadow- (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
number 1 seems to have better colors but number 5 has better quality
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7683; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If you're judging by the bench photo, you might want to check out photo #1 and #3.
25. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
That's the one I picked due to the most natural and balanced colors in the indoor photo.
10. Sauce (unregistered)
Why the hell is phone 1 most voted. The colors are sh*t. Too dark.
22. user996 (Posts: 181; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
1020 would be with black update so #1 is NOT 1020. after black colors are very accurate
23. tedkord (Posts: 4485; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
People are trying to figure out which is which and vote for their device instead of voting for the better pic.
59. darkkjedii (Posts: 10373; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It's called fanboyism bro. I chose #3, whatever it turns out to be oh well. +1
78. Psykotik_Dragon (Posts: 20; Member since: 21 Dec 2013)
exactly the point of it being a blind comparison LOL
Figure out which 1 you like & be shocked or smug depending on whether it was your favorite device or not...score 1 for the darkjedii LOL ;D
12. zeropants (Posts: 24; Member since: 31 May 2012)
It's all the same phone on different settings.
77. Psykotik_Dragon (Posts: 20; Member since: 21 Dec 2013)
*drumroll* WHAAAAAAAAT! PLOT TWIST!!! LOL
13. raunak (Posts: 501; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
I don't think 1020 is in there. If it is, then I think they are comparing 5Mp PV shots not full res 34/38Mp shots.
15. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
scene 1 - phone 4
scene 2 - kinda hard but i say phone 1
scene 3 - phone one seems to be clearer but color seems kinda off?
17. bucky (Posts: 1336; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
phone 1 seems oversharpened and the colors are way off
24. 14545 (Posts: 1096; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Is there no one at PA that has a DSLR? I mean what reference do we have to know what the real scene looks like? I like the comparos, but give us some kind of reference.
76. Psykotik_Dragon (Posts: 20; Member since: 21 Dec 2013)
it's not supposed to be a Hard Data test...it's supposed to be a choice of which pics you personally like compared to the others in same category...that way you make a camera choice without being influenced by being a fanboy/fangirl of a specific brand/company...look over the pics & see which ones YOU like the most & then see which phone you'd prefer to have for a camera without bias towards manufacturer.
82. 14545 (Posts: 1096; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Umm, again, how do I know which one to pick without a benchmark reference to figure find out which one I like the most? I'm not talking about including the labels themselves. Just a benchmark pic for each comparison.
29. ar2730 (Posts: 40; Member since: 24 May 2012)
I'm pretty sure phone 1 is the Nokia 1020!!!!
36. Amir1 (Posts: 256; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
i am quite SHOCKED by the results - phone 4 and 5 has over all the best pictures in my eyes and they are almost last. what the frack? do i need a new glasses? lol.
40. TylerGrunter (Posts: 870; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I voted 5, but I must admit this time around I found the decission really difficult.
4,5 I find excellent
1,2 are really good (1 has good detail but wrong colors and some noise)
3,7 are good
But overall I think 4 and 5 are the best ones too.
37. protozeloz (Posts: 5371; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Woa this is a really though one, I like most of the shots... But having to make a choose... I'll think about it
Also PA remember my suggestion of having several polls and change the order of the devices on each one, that way is harder for someone to identify the device...
68. cgraham8 (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Oct 2013)
In the last test I thought the same thing! have a vote for each scene and see how it comes out in the end! Great suggestion.
41. Marshall2005 (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Jan 2014)
I've seen pictures taken with the Samsung galaxy note 3 and i think it is phone #1.
i i feel that phone #3 is the lumia 1520 cause i have one and the colors of the pics are really close to the pics i take on my Lumia 1520.
Voted for phone #1 though!
42. Marshall2005 (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Jan 2014)
In my opinion , this competition is all about phone #1 VS phone #3 .
43. phljcnth (Posts: 259; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
1st placer - #2
2nd - #5
3rd - #4
4th - #6
5th - #1
I really wonder why #1 is getting most of the votes.