BlackBerry Z10 appears competitive against Apple iPhone 5
world class browser on BlackBerry 10, and it seems that RIM has achieved this.
The last feature shown is BlackBerry Balance which allows you to have a different home page and apps for business. The Apple iPhone does not have anything like this, and we have to give kudos to RIM for taking advantage of the BYOD trend that is cropping up in the enterprise. Requiring a password to get into the business part of the phone, apps must be enabled by BES which allows the IT department at work to have some control over your device while still giving you full access to BlackBerry App World at home.
Is BlackBerry back? we won't be able to say for sure until we see how consumers react to BB10, but we must say that at this stage, the new OS seems quite impressive.
source: Telekom-Presse (translated) via Crackberry
1. ckoch125 (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I would hope a phone that isn't even released yet would beat a phone that has been out for months lol... Should shoot for higher goals
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly that just shows how good the iPhone actually is. It's still a benchmark device, and the next one will b even better.
13. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I think the industry has become accustomed to benchmarking their device against the iPhone. Although that is starting to change as long as Apple exists it will still be. However, I think they really need to produce a better benchmark against another device
27. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Most of the benchmarks get iPhone has a higher score compare to others devices. That's why they did it with iPhone.
21. MeoCao (unregistered)
Come on. when you want to show girls how strong you are you surely will try to find a boy you think you can beat to bully.
That's why so many phones want to compare with (bully) the iPhone.
34. donfem (Posts: 480; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I agree. When sitting on the "bench" with a permanent "mark" makes you stale, you wonder you are left behind?
41. Xtasy (Posts: 270; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Who cares. The main point they are making is that it's not just competitive with the hardware but also the software which in my opinion is way better than iphones outdated one
2. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Blackberry 10 looks amazing. I can't wait to try it!
37. spasticpat (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
I heard w/2 year contract less than $199 which is awesome...
7. reyenrique (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
well it look like blackberryZ10 will kick some ass and stating wiz apple phone ^-^
8. jroc74 (Posts: 3959; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
And it doesnt have a physical keyboard. I hope ppl realize it doesnt have to have one to be considerd a serious phone for work.
My kids mother had to use my Droid X1 instead of some old Blackberry she had a few years ago for college work because the browser was better on my Droid X1.
Seems like RIM is really being serious about staying in the mobile race. Looking good RIM!!
9. jroc74 (Posts: 3959; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Nice and bright notification light.....nice. I think that will be a requirement for all my phones. A notification light...a good one too.... is under rated IMO.
14. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
notification lights in android have gotten the short end of the stick. that is one thing I really wanted when i transitioned from the old blackberry storm to the thunderbolt, i wanted an awesome light. the note 2 has a substaintial light and that works great for me though i still cannot customize it like i did on blackberry.
17. jroc74 (Posts: 3959; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Its one reason I like Motorola Android phones. I havent seen any other Android phone do as good or it better yet. My current phone is a Maxx HD and I havent compared it to any other recent Android phones.
Nice to hear Samsung is doing better in that dept.
10. keyeon (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Have you notice his iphone 5 doesnt have a logo on the back..
23. Topcat488 (Posts: 1037; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
If you stop the video at 0:57 and a half seconds you can see where they partially scratched off the Apple Logo, and then at 0:58 seconds it's gone completely...
This is the size the iPhone5 should have been... They both look like iPhones too me.
11. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
I love it. Since very first idea of BB10 till now, now I am very pleased to see what is coming. RIM really did it and did good.
12. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I want this to be awesome. I think its clear that RIM really has put a serious effort into being more than just a memory or footnote in smartphones history. Competition is going to get tight and I cannot wait to see such work coming from BB10.
15. lyndon420 (Posts: 1638; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Why is the iphone even used in benchmarks anymore? When a new device comes out it should be compared to the best the market has to offer. The iphone5 was outdated the day of release by phones that were already available for at least a year or more. Apple hasn't had the best of anything for awhile now.
16. flipjzn (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I like BB and I would want to get this if only I don't find it too bulky for a 4.2 screen phone. Look how big it next to a 4" iphone.
Perhaps if it were 4.5 I would get one without a doubt.
Too much space wasted on Z10! I'll wait for next BB10 models.
18. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I gotta admit blackberry might pull through and beat Apple iphones b/c features wise BB10 is better visual and like I said more functions.
19. syedzain (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
If iphone 5 is the worst phone in the market, why compare it in the first place with any other phone?
31. blingblingthing (Posts: 379; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Simple. It is popular and easy to beat. What a way to introduce your phone showing it is better than a phone some people hold in high regards.
20. joey18 (Posts: 493; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
the size es ok the cellphone allways has tobe a phone not television phone
22. pookiewood (Posts: 527; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Loving my Lumia 920 but I wish RIM well. I hope they do great with this device.
24. verty (Posts: 88; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I'am over tired of these fruitless benchmarkings. Why Bb10 against apple!!!( which by the way is useless and overpriced). Please tell the reviewer that we are freaking bored with all these apple benchmarks. Was he sleeping and did not see the heavenly adorable sexy S3 or Note 2 or even the droid Razr!!
36. theBankRobber (Posts: 642; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
People are ditching blackberry for IPhone so what better way to show that Rim is up with the rest. Also people who already wanted a SGS3 or any Android phone already have one. This is towards the the people waiting for Blackberrys release before deciding which phone they want.
25. loganryan (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Looks good. If rim could add better support to run android app on bb10 it would be smash hit, i think...
26. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Looks really good. I wonder how much customization there is.
28. mariosraptor (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
he is using a Sammy phone for him self. smart guy.
30. cheeseaddict (Posts: 49; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
bravo rim bravo.. it's worth the wait!
32. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Now I want to see some pic samples of day and night shots, the system runs flawlessly way more smoother than iOS, RIM release this phone now!
33. synot (Posts: 85; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Alan F. has done it again,the same hypocrite and misleadine headline when compared to the article.The headline says blackberryz10 appears competitive against Apple Iphone 5 but the reading of the article states that the Z10 has everything better than the Iphone .How can something be competitive and better at the same time when competitive means the same level and better means above ,he even have bloggers making the wrong comment based on their misunderstanding of the article and the headline.GSMARENA says z10 beats Iphone 5 in both headline and article as compared to PHONEARENA article by ALAN F.whose articles are always in favour of Apple even when they are at the losing end. MR alan f . unbiasely z10 is better Iphone 5 whether u want to face the reality or not and so are Android top phones.GOOD DAY........
35. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
seems to have eliptical bias to me, but anyway, all these statements are true, so
z10 > i5
40. keyeon (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Hope the battery will be awesome thats all i ask;) hope it will be simple but a little complicated..