Bill Gates may be the "kingmaker" at Microsoft, but confidence is low that the board will shake things up
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3137; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Whatever it is, i want the new CEO to be Windows 8.1 and GDR3 updated! :P
3. cncrim (Posts: 639; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I like him too, but I don't think you can get Microsoft out the mess she in right now. So many people think Bill can flip the table, but I don't so, unless he can come up REVOLUTION product, NOT EVOLUTION ONE.
4. papss (unregistered)
Got to love Michaels style of writing when it's about m$.. Again putting his personal opinion in attempt to say how long the next guy will last and push it as factual
5. Commentator (Posts: 2909; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Was Windows 8 really received all that well though?
11. Trex95 (Posts: 685; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Yes come back he is the only one left after Steve Jobs .
8. captivater (Posts: 10; Member since: 02 Sep 2013)
My half-fixed, screen protuding from the back housing, busted up Verizon 8x, the next choice has breasts.
9. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Microsoft has been doing tech half arsed lately. Windows tablets..phones..Windows 8..Xbox one. It almost gives me the impression that they are more concerned with helping the federal government spy on us, rather than make a well polished product.
10. gigantos (Posts: 62; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
My only favorite CEO is Elon Musk. MS should find someone as half creative as him. Bill Gates was so once, but now he is tired enough.
13. downphoenix (Posts: 2766; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Gates should come back like Jobs did.
14. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1349; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Ballmer was not pushed into retirement all indications are he got tired and needed to move on.
I bet he wants to and ends up on the Microsoft board of directors which is cushhy job where he wont get the pressure of being an MS CEO and can have plenty of time between board meetings to do Pesonnal things like Bill Gates does. If something goes wrong at Microsoft Ballmer wont get all the blame and can contribute a lot to the board because he has been a MS CEO.