Apple predicted to have made $38.2 billion this quarter
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And what should I do with this info?
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Where do you see hate in my comment?
And what about you did you swallowed it?
11. Finalflash (Posts: 2318; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
No no, you misunderstand him, that is just what he as an iFan is trained to do. Apple strokes their own ego vigorously and finally spill forth a load (of mainly lies) which people like him eagerly swallow. He just wants you to do the same so you can be part of the cult of the future (as in the cult of "maybe next year).
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Then I will disappoint Vexify because I won't swallow it since I don't eat such crap like this. If he likes it then he can swallow it.
17. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Aww thats cute. Two hater Fandroid buddies looking like fools. Cant taze me bro.
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You see the difference between my comments and yours is that I have expressed my opinion about such articles while you come here just to insult other people by calling them haters and fools.So which one of us is a real hater? (rhetorical question)
"Cant taze me bro."
You have started insulting and that shows that you are already pissed off. ;)
25. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Pissed off? Seems like comment #1 shows you're the one who is upset, lol!. But please, by all means, continue doing your thing while the rest of us witness how immature you are.
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 16960; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It's what he does, then tries to hide it with a rebuttal.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 16960; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Two of the biggest iHaters on PA. Constantly trolling Apple related articles to bash on. Don't worry, it'll never cease. Isn't that rite FF, and PAU?
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You see the difference between my comments and yours is that I have expressed my opinion about this article while you come here just to comment about other PhoneArena.com users.
30. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Do you see him commenting about Techspace? Amiaq? Willard12? Rebel? Funnyguy?
You know why? Because they don't make themselves look like complete and utter embarrassments and/or clowns who hate just because the word "Apple" was mentioned in an article.
Seriously lol, open your blinders, look into colored eye sight, and grow up, fanboy.
32. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And what this your comment has to do with my comment #27 ?
67. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2106; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
That being said, I do hate apples. More of a mango banana kinda guy ;)
70. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It has nothing to do with Apple. I understand that sometimes it is interesting to know how one or another company is successful and that's why I never say something like this when PhoneArena.com announces OFFICIAL revenues. But when PhoneArena.com starts to write SPECULATIONS about POSSIBLE revenues then it is too much since it is even no more about the tech. In my opinion articles like this are just a fillers to fill daily norm.
40. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
You forgot to include yourself aswel.
43. Finalflash (Posts: 2318; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It won't, seeing as it is completely justified. He simply implied that the info in the article, which is largely speculation, was somewhat meaningless (although to be fair, apparently it is the last goal post the iFans have left, for some reason). Then that guy replied in an idiotic trolly way telling him to swallow "it", and I then proceeded to troll him in reply. I like how even you defend trolls when they're iFans though, but I guess strength in numbers matters.
48. darkkjedii (Posts: 16960; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nahhh bro, I just know what you and PAU are all about. Arte is just a lonely no life having troll. Not even worth a piece of chewed up. gum. That part regarding Arte, has nothing to so with android vs iOS either, he's easy to see into. He's nothing in person, but a tough guy on PA.
6. techspace (Posts: 958; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
it's not like you do something with the info in all the other articles on PA...there are many others who would be interested in these figures..
why waste your time in reading and commenting on something that you aren't interested in...we aren't making any money by reading or commenting.
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
People who are interested in such kind of info choose other sources not PhoneArena.com.
10. techspace (Posts: 958; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
people often talk about revenues in the comments,so they would be interested in these figures,PA's a tech site, it is supposed to cover everything related to tech companies.
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"people often talk about revenues in the comments,so they would be interested in these figures..."
I'm sorry you are right! I forgot about troll wars revenues are very important here... (sarcasm)
"...it is supposed to cover everything related to tech companies."
Even SPECULATIONS about POSSIBLE revenues?
As I have said before, I'm 100% sure that people who are interested in such kind of information choose other sources not PhoneArena.com. In my opinion articles like this are just a fillers to fill daily articles rate.
47. techspace (Posts: 958; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Yes, these predictions are important, just like the leaked dummies of unreleased phones, they give toy an idea of how the company has performed....usually, they are pretty accurate.
You are talking as if the other articles are really important...they are also used for trolling.
I am interested in PA and I am interested in these articles... why choose some other source if the same thing would be available on PA
As a person who is interested in tech and also in reports related to the sales figures, I would be happy if everything is available in one place.
If you don't like them, just go to some other article....please don't decide what the other PA readers like to see over here.
69. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't tell what other readers should do, I just express my opinion about such kind of articles.
72. techspace (Posts: 958; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I have had a long conversation with you because you were saying that the others in PA aren't interested in something that you aren't interested in...but now you can see that this is more popular than a lot of the other articles in this website.
Many of us are really interested in articles like this one & even the ones who hate apple are coming to this article,some of us(like u and me) are coming here many times to reply to each other and that makes it even more popular.
74. techspace (Posts: 958; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
As I have already said before...sales estimates, dummies of the unreleased phones from case makers etc etc are pretty useful and interesting and they should be reported...they are not 100 percent accurate but they give us an idea of how the company has performed and what it is planning to do in future.
35. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
And why should we care that Apple worth a billion dollars? when they could of use half of their fortune for REAL INNOVATION products. instead of using it in the court room or bogus patents. and buying useless companies like BEATS AKA MONSTER INC
56. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"And what should I do with this info?"
File it under "obscenity", "US corporations", "greed", "tax evasion", and "some of the people, all of the time".
58. MySchizoBuddy (Posts: 118; Member since: 23 Aug 2011)
the thing to learn is "Market share is court jester, Profit is King"
60. Ashoaib (Posts: 2965; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
ofcourse apple will earn massive profits bcoz they use cheap mid range hardware in their phones which ultimately result in huge profits
2. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Funny stuff, as all ifans think this is a great news. I think you guys just got ripped off by apple.
5. techspace (Posts: 958; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
the flagship phones from the other companies aren't inexpensive, there are as expensive as the iphones, especially the locked phones, they start @199 like the other flagship phones when they are launched but they don't come with bloatware.
Its not like all the other android flagship phones are value for money devices like the nexus phones.
Obviously, the ifans would be happy if their favorite company does well.
16. willard12 (Posts: 1297; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
The flagship phones from other companies also cost more to make than the iphone and still go for the same $199 subsidized price as the iphone. Hence, the high profit on fewer sales.
18. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Galaxy s5, expensive to make? LOL. Time to lift the rock up and crawl out into the world.
23. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2106; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Yes, if you look at the parts it is made of, the total cost of an 5S is higher than that of a S5.
44. Finalflash (Posts: 2318; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I think you mean that the S5 is more expensive than the 5s. That isn't really that hard to believe seeing as the 5s was like 2 dollars more to make at release than the iPhone 5 was at its release.
55. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2106; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Uhm yes I did mean that lol. Confusing all those 5 and S models ;)
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Where do you see that willard12 mentions Samsung Galaxy S5 ?
Also where do you see that willard12 says that Samsung Galaxy S5 is expensive to make?
willard12 just says that: "The flagship phones from other companies also cost more to make than the iphone..."
50. techspace (Posts: 958; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
But the difference isn't really high and the iPhone doesn't come with bloatware.
36. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
And you're right bout that. funny thing is they don't care if their money is going straight to apple's bank account. who cares if a company's RICH
3. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
And they payed nearly no taxes for that either :/
9. MpowerSkills (Posts: 41; Member since: 19 Feb 2011)
I would doubt that. I wish companies didnt have to pay tax, its double taxation, which is wrong. The people that are paid for working at Apple pay taxes on the income they earn, and Apple has to pay sales tax on the hardware and software it purchase too.
15. Busyboy (unregistered)
He said Apple as a company, not the taxes employees pay..
19. willard12 (Posts: 1297; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
"Corporations are people, my friend." - Willard "Mitt" Romney
Most small business owners pay payroll taxes rather than income taxes so its not double taxation at that level. It takes tax payer funded roads, police, postal service, etc to allow those businesses to make money. Besides, after corporations move their money to Switzerland or setup an alternate "headquarters" in the Cayman Islands, they virtually don't pay taxes.
31. Topcat488 (Posts: 1312; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
MpowerSkills.... I'm shaking my head and laughing at your comment... The people that are paid for working at Apple pay "Taxes in China", because 90% of them are Chinese... What double "taxation", Apple don't pay they get tax breaks. And Keep their earnings overseas... O.o
37. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
and they give free iproducts to lobbyist to our lazy gov't
14. fjftokyo (Posts: 57; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I wonder how someone could be fed the same crap every year and they still believe it's "revolutionary" people, come on other companies have been out doing Apple for years why must you settle for the out dated why? because it's Apple? but the truth is this. Apple has brain washed everyone who keeps buying they're products that it's a luxury brand and that only the most important"$$$" people can afford them and by purchasing them they will make your life easier. Basically calling you money spitting idiots who can't take a minute to read something and learn for the fear that the technology would be to complicated and give you a headache. So the question is why Apple and why not other platforms?
20. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Wow, thats not the only thing Apple has done. Looks like they do a good job at making you a crazy insane rager when they succeed. What has this world come to..
33. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Omg, 32mil. Just by selling overhyped, overpriced midrange IPhone, selling them at high end device. Apple makes 200% on all their good for nothing products. Especially iPods, which has rubbish sound quality, comparing them to other Mp3 players. Even Osx sucks. iOs is quarter baked. Ipad was made for app launching device. But will give credit to the quality apps.
Lmfao. Apple is laughing and saying: "our customers are all dump and clueless. "
34. Ninetysix (Posts: 2037; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Sounds easy to pull off doesn't it? Why can't others mirror Apple's success? It's 32B btw.
38. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
In return we get a mid speced phone and small screen along with cheap recycled aluminium single layers overcoat , which chips so easily. Wth.
Yeah also made millions on replacing cracked screens. Nice not to know how we are getting milked out very easily. When it costs Apple not alot to produce.
41. Ninetysix (Posts: 2037; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
What's stopping the other companies from earning 32B for doing the same thing?
45. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Apple is brand and popularity
Others make and provide value for money
46. Ninetysix (Posts: 2037; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You forgot great customer service, awesome tech support, timely software updates, etc. Good effort though.