Apple Maps makes Mad Magazine’s “20 Dumbest” list of 2012
Apple Maps made the list of the “20 Dumbest People, Events, and Things of 2012” amongst President Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Facebook and more. For Apple’s sake, Mad took the route that Apple and CEO Tim Cook took when the company decided to face the music and apologize for Apple Maps by writing up a full-page letter to the faithful followers led astray by the new map program.
We particularly like the confidence instilled by citing "more than a dozen people" that trust the application. The recommendation to try folding maps found at gas stations or sneak a peek at an Android phone brought about a chuckle as well. The final summary of the mock letter lets Apple have it with a wincing remark about being a directionless company in the absence of Steve Jobs.
Apple will find its compass again, as soon as Maps tells the company where to look. Click to zoom-in and enjoy the scorching letter below.
11. phil2n (Posts: 476; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It must be on the top 5.. Im heading Los Angeles intead that F**kng map brings to New York..
14. ScottSchneider (Posts: 323; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
17. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
its no 14 i think, says so on the top left corner. anyway lol
13. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Only Apple Maps?
I thought the entire list will be full of Apple products...oh wait they dont have that many products!
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Oh well, iPhone still awesome tho :)
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 12690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
iPhone 5 awesome, maps...not so awesome. Maps getting better though.
7. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Atleast Apple Map make it somewhere......
20 Dumbest list...........
Only Dump users use that.
10. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1655; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
"Without Steve Jobs around anymore, we can aim a little lower' aahahahah
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6741; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
NOW THAT'S HILARIOUS. Gotta thank MAD MAGAZINE putting apple on the dumb list.
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
lol to that...
but hoping that apple maps will improve though! i mean apple has boatloads of money!!!
19. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Being ilost is very annoying. Poor apple fans. LOL.
20. chethan316 (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Nov 2010)
This is really funny. Some of the points were a little exaggerated, but had a good laugh. Especially the top, "Cupertino, 2 miles from Austin, Texas" That was hilarious. Oh god, what must the iPhone 5 and other iOS 6 users be going through right now. lol :D