All T-Mobile smartphones with Carrier IQ revealed by a leaked memo
1. Sniggly (Posts: 6206; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Interesting that no Motorola phones are listed as having the software. I've been running Voodoo after each update to check my Atrix, and in no instance has it been found. Seems like no matter the carrier, Motorola's your best bet besides a Nexus for not having CIQ watch you masturbate.
2. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
these are all recently launched phones. Not one of them is more than 3 months old. So anyone that hasnt recently upgraded has nothing to worry about. Thats the good news anyways.
Now better news would be Tmo dropping them like a bad habit. Hey while ur at it, drop that hercules and bring us a real SGS2. :)
Sniggs.. Tmo doesnt have any recent moto phones on the line up at all. not one. they are all discontinued and/or on closeout.
4. LewsTherin006 (Posts: 140; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
i actually ran the lookout carrier iq on the GS2 at work and it said it wasnt on the phone which kinda blew my mind. So if lookout isnt showing it, does it mean its not sending certain data?
7. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Which SGS2 are you running? Its carrier specific so that would make a difference.
3. TalkingTechy (Posts: 97; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Check (free) and remove ($0.99) Carrier IQ data from Android device:
Turn off sending usage data to carrier on iPhone:
6. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
My g2x is suprisingly not on the list.
8. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
What I find interesting is this, didn't BlackBerry say they don't have CIQ in their phones? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they were one of the fastest to let the world know they were clean...