AMD open to building for specific Android products
1. Shatter (Posts: 1994; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Nobody likes your processors AMD because your per core performance is horrible, just stick to graphics unless you fix your cores.
2. user996 (Posts: 181; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
lol amd 2 core Cpu can work better than intels atom with 2 physical + 2 logical cores
4. Shatter (Posts: 1994; Member since: 29 May 2013)
There cpus would be compared to baytrail not atom.
If you want relative performance an fx 8350 8 core amd is slower than a 4 core intel and thats there best chip from there it only gets worse as you go further down into the apus.
7. ZeroCide (Posts: 683; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
These can be good for lower end / budget tablets, phones, ect.
11. user996 (Posts: 181; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
really? AMD chips can use their fully potential where intel can't. i have 2630QM i7 in my laptop and in some tasks my friends AMD E300 1.3Ghz dual core handles better than mine for some tasks cpu usage level is same for dual core and 4 physical + 4 logical cores and why?
6. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Even then Nvidia can outperform them in GPU performance
3. ZeroCide (Posts: 683; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
If they build x86 CPUs this can be a good this for all mobile platforms and if they Build APUs Thats even better. Their graphic tech is pretty awesome. I'm sure that they can out-perform anything that ARM has.
5. caustictoast (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Just want to point out AMD is also making the processor for the Xbox One and the Wii U, in addition to the PS4
8. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Actually IBM is making the processor for the Wii U
10. Diazene (Posts: 123; Member since: 01 May 2013)
AMD is making the GPU, which is a processor
9. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Good to see chip manufacturers now understand the potential market of mobile devices. Welcome to the party AMD.