$99 tablets and $350 convertibles are coming for the holidays, says Intel CEO
In fact, Lenovo just outed yesterday a full-blown Windows 8.1 tablet with the new Bay Trail architecture for $299, so it's not hard to imagine we might hit Intel's CEO Brian Krzanich prediction by year-end if things keep going in that direction.
1. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 374; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Dual boot, Win 8 and Android, convertible for under $500?! Soon enough... buh bye iDon't
6. haseebzahid (Posts: 1762; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i dont think you need a android along with win 8.1 pro its a whole OS that is x86 and you download bluestack on it then you have all android apps emulator on it at your disposal + all softwares of windows. but if you still need android try using Vmware it may run android inside windows or maybe not but it does run xp/win7/linux/OSX ........
2. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
Asus Transformer Book T100 is the one to go, IMO.
But there are also Acer W3(meh), Lenovo Miix 2 (just announced), Toshiba Encore, Dell Venue Pro 8.
Am I missing anything? I'm trying to let others know what is available.
7. Knightmare64 (Posts: 29; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
HP Omni 10, I REALLY want this beauty...
3. sri_tech (Posts: 184; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Full Windows 8 tablets like ASUS T100, Lenovo miix 2, Dell venue 8 pro with free MS Office at cheap prices are the future.
Also, facebook app for windows 8 is released today.
4. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1437; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Yeah and now we wonder why PC & Laptop sales are falling
5. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
That's the reason why Android tabs won't die: price. Windows licenses are too expensive and Apple - well, you know, they just overprice stuff.
8. threed61 (Posts: 114; Member since: 27 May 2011)
I'll be curious to see if the bay trails live up to Intel's hype. I have a Dell latitude 10, and my iPad mini destroys it in browsing speed. Likewise Haswell battery life remains to be seen in real life use as well as running cooler.