OnePlus 7 Pro's roadmap addresses a few pain points, including wide-angle camera complaints
For one, you can't use the ultra-wide-angle camera to record video with. We were a bit baffled by this decision — we don't know if there was a technical limitation or anything — since one of the major positives of having such a wide lens is being able to record dynamic videos with lots of action in them, without worrying too much about your aim. There was also a bug, which forced OnePlus to remove Digital Wellbeing from the phone for the time being.
Well, it looks like those and a few more features are in OnePlus' crosshairs and are being actively worked on for upcoming updates. An official post on the OnePlus forums in the form of a small FAQ lets us know what the company is dabbling with when it comes to software. Here are the major takeaways:
- An Always on Display option (still in brainstorming stage)
- Video recording with the ultra-wide camera (under development)
- More app windows in Recent Apps mode (under development)
- Digital Wellbeing (currently in the Beta Program for older OnePlus phones)
- Block messages by keyword, block callers (under development)
OnePlus is also working on some quality-of-life improvements like adaptive icons, folder support in the App Drawer, a charging sound effect, a built-in step counter, and custom durations for Zen Mode.