What feature would make you buy the Galaxy S24?

Join the discussion
• 4mo ago

Large screen is fine (like the + model is ok, no less), with rounded corners, light (like a Motorola), with flat screen, not with a glass back to be less fragile and as light as possible. The software is more than ok!

• 4mo ago

S24 shoud costs no more then 700€ to be even considered, and to came with charger and headphones for that price. But it will come with just a phone in the box and it will cost over 1000€ here in Norway, just like s23 did.

And then, if it doesn't have Snapdragon SoC, again...no buy, or it should cost 100€ less.

Now, it would be better device with better battery, faster charging speeds, perisocope camera....like real flagship, but nobody expects s24 to be flagship, those times are long time gone...now Samsung have Ultra and Fold as flagship devices, and this is only midd ranger.

And middranges shouldn't be that expensive as s24 will be.

So, basically..even though I do need new phone this year, after 3 years with OnePlus 8t, Samsung is not an option.

I would rather buy iPhone and hate myself for a year or two than give so much money to Samsung

• 4mo ago

I would consider buying one if they brought back the external MicroSD port and headphone jack.

But if I could not get both of those features the one that would most certainly make me buy it versus not buying it would be the external micro SD port.

• 4mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Rumor has it that the Galaxy S24 Ultra will be flat as a pancake! :) So, you might get lucky with this one... As for the microSD card support, it's really strange. Samsung offers it on the A-series but not on the S-series, so it's a midrange feature and not a flagship feature anymore. And it obviously is a choice and not a constraint; Xperia flagships still got it, and they are as thin and as premium as Galaxies...

The SD card allows you a way way slower data transfer and is really unusable in flagships since 3, 4 years. It is much slower than UFS 3.x and 4.x on the internal memory. You can't use it for 4k / 60 fps video for example because of speed limitations. You can't install games on it because of... speed limitations.

SD card on flagship is like a 205/15" wheels on 500 PS car. That's simply didn't work.

• 4mo ago

Bring back the microSD card. I'm holding out on my S20+ until they bring microSD back

• 4mo ago

I will exchange my S23 only because S24 is probably coming with flat screen. Please bring back micro SD slot. And one thing that no phone company cares about, except Apple. Audio quality!!!! Not only speaker but also quality, volume and loudness of earspeaker. Can any phone company get together with someone like Bose, Harman Kardon or anybody else to create excellent sound?

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 4mo ago
↵propov said:

The SD card allows you a way way slower data transfer and is really unusable in flagships since 3, 4 years. It is much slower than UFS 3.x and 4.x on the internal memory. You can't use it for 4k / 60 fps video for example because of speed limitations. You can't install games on it because of... speed limitations.

SD card on flagship is like a 205/15" wheels on 500 PS car. That's simply didn't work.

With 5G and everything backed up in the cloud, you're right, the appeal of the SD card has diminished over the years... you can still store and back up photos, but I agree that it's not the essential feature it used to be..

• 4mo ago
↵DeusExCellula said:

If they brought back MicroSD support and got rid of the curved screens. A few months ago my S20+ was on the ropes. I had decided to buy an iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max as my first ever iPhone because if I was going to give up MicroSD support I would try something new. Then a friend offered me a 3 week old, barely used S23 Ultra at half price. $600 for an practically new S23 Ultra was too good of a deal to pass up. However, I hate HATE the curved screen. I know that I am 1 of few but I want to use a screen protector and the ones for curved screens are .... mediocre.

The new ones are not curved

• 4mo ago
↵propov said:

Exactly.

• 4mo agoedited

There is no feature that could possibly make me spend that much on a phone, Samsung Galaxy S24 or not... if lower cost were a "feature" then the "feature" I 'need' would probably ruin the phone for everyone else, so - nope, nothing will ever make me buy a phone that is that expensive. Anyone who can afford it... let them have all the fun; I can appreciate other people's phones from a distance, without needing to own one myself. These flagship devices these days are no less a pleasure to behold and appreciate, just because I know I will not get one anytime soon...

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless