What feature would make you buy the Galaxy S24?

Join the discussion
• 4mo ago

Already bought pass of Samsung will be upgrading S22 Ultra for better Battery, Flat Screen

• 4mo ago

Future PALM-HUB's/COMMS-UNIT's (Smartphones) can just send your encrypted-data to an external drive that can be worn on your finger or wrist etc.

• 4mo ago
↵loader77 said:

The biggest drawback of modern phones is their shape - in recent years, in terms of aspect ratio, they have become terribly narrow and long. It would be nice if it were an ordinary handset without a screen, but we read and watch movies and photographs on this screen. And note that nowhere does this aspect ratio add benefit or convenience. Bring back the good old Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ratios

Aside from the Fold when it's closed, the Flip & Sony's, what phones are "terribly narrow and long"?

• 4mo ago

I have given up on single slab phones. I also gave up on Samsungs z fold lineup as well because of the bad hinge design. The fold 5 fixed the hinge but not the crease. I sold my fold 5 partly because of that. If Samsung would adopt faster charging like the one plus, a bigger inner and outer screen, and fix their crease then I would definitely buy their next iteration. A limited edition Samsung Z Fold 6 would be ideal for me with the aforementioned improvements that I am looking for.

• 4mo ago
↵DeusExCellula said:

If they brought back MicroSD support and got rid of the curved screens. A few months ago my S20+ was on the ropes. I had decided to buy an iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max as my first ever iPhone because if I was going to give up MicroSD support I would try something new. Then a friend offered me a 3 week old, barely used S23 Ultra at half price. $600 for an practically new S23 Ultra was too good of a deal to pass up. However, I hate HATE the curved screen. I know that I am 1 of few but I want to use a screen protector and the ones for curved screens are .... mediocre.

Well it isn't curved anymore. But the edges should be beveled and not sharp. Which is how it is. They have models with screens that aren't curved. The curve gives the phone an elegant look and more comfortable to hold. THis new boxy design sucks big time.

Right now I would rather buy the S21U over any of the models that came after.

• 4mo ago
↵MartinPA said:
  • Let's turn it into a truly premium Flip flagship
  • A competitive flagship camera system (with focus on natural image processing)
  • 3D Face Unlock (I don't mind a larger display cutout)
  • Reasonable starting price in Europe (I'm not paying €1,500 for any phone)

Copy-paste this wishlist for the Pixel 9, iPhone 16, etc.

You make great suggestions except for the display cutout. Manufacturers should be able to find a solution without interrupting the screen. My phone is like that portable tv that I've always wanted when I was a child. A cut out interrupting my viewing pleasure defeats the purpose of the screen. My Oppo Find X solved that problem and still works to this day.

• 4mo ago
↵poptart said:

I have given up on single slab phones. I also gave up on Samsungs z fold lineup as well because of the bad hinge design. The fold 5 fixed the hinge but not the crease. I sold my fold 5 partly because of that. If Samsung would adopt faster charging like the one plus, a bigger inner and outer screen, and fix their crease then I would definitely buy their next iteration. A limited edition Samsung Z Fold 6 would be ideal for me with the aforementioned improvements that I am looking for.

If it folds its going to have a crease. There is no going away without using 2 panes of glass that are separate.

There is no solution to the crease. How would your arms or legs bend if your skin didn't have a crease? You wouldn't be able to fold it.

The complaint about the crease is absolutely stupid If you dont want a crease, the Microsoft SurfacePhone uses 2 panes of glass. No crease. That is the product for you to be shopping.

• 4mo ago

Nothing! If they brought the sdcard slot back like someone mentioned, I would instantly pull the trigger. In fact they don't have to do that. They can just double stack the Internal Flash and let the send device work as USB Mass Storage when you plug it in. I don't care if its removable per se. I just want my data separate from the internal storage so when I have to wipe my phone, I still have my stuff on my phone.

I miss buying a new phone or even 2 phones sometimes in the same year. There is literally nothing to look forward too.

The SoC and cams will get expected improvements. Most people the specs of their phone already exceeds what they will ever need. Some people just need the next new thing.

I still want the next ROG. I think I am done with Samsung. The latest S24U in the Titanium Grey or Violet look good. But the software is what will be key for me.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 4mo ago
↵TheRealDuckofDeath said:

Nope. If you fold a phone, you get a Flip. 😋

I see what you did there :P If it were up to me, I would flip the iPhone 13 mini the same way and get a REALLY compact phone. But I'm a minority. Most people are perfectly fine with 200+ gram phones that you need to carry in your backpack :D

• 4mo ago

As a photographer I always went for the best camera, display and SD card. I owned S2, S5, S7 Edge and S20. I didn't change my phone after S20, because all the following models were missing SD card. And as far as Samsung will not bring it in S24 line, I really do not care what other features will it have. Even if the following models had 50 MP RAWs which I would LOVE to have, lack of SD card is an absolute deal breaker. I was ready to buy S21 Ultra, S22 Ultra, S23 Ultra and after each Galaxy Unpacked event when they announced that there will be no external/expandable storage I just switched it off and didn't care about any other products/features. I have their SSD NVMe in every PC, have two of their refrigerators, microwave, and I bought their Galaxy S phones because their displays were the best, I was used to their UI and I loved their phone cameras throughout the years. And it will be all the same this year. If it features SD card, I am ready to buy it, if not, I do not care. It is simple as that. And I seriously think that I will switch to ASUS ROG 8 Pro 24GB/1TB after all those years even if it doesn't have SD card. ROG is cheaper and has 2x RAM and storage over S24 Ultra and still being cheaper.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless